1 x 4B SST2 Or Would 2 x 4B SST2 be better?

Napalm

Re: 1 x 4B SST2 Or Would 2 x 4B SST2 be better?
« Reply #80 on: 27 May 2010, 02:33 pm »
With the single amp I was single wiring, I've never actually tried Bi-Wiring as I've read mixed reports, is it generally recommended or a case of try it and see, again.

I guessed so. Bi-wiring would had probably brought some of that bloom that bi-amping did. Not exactly the same thing but similar in flavor.

I'm single wiring as I'm convinced that this is the proper way to do it if you trust your speakers manufacturer to have designed a proper crossover network.

As for bi-amping I think that it would had made sense if the results would have indicated smooth treble instead of grainy one. Which usually means that a single amp is overtaxed and the lower frequency signals are modulating the treble.

Since you didn't notice any "cleaning" in treble it means that your single 4B was not being overtaxed in any way. Kudos to Bryston, eh?

Many happy listening hours!!!

Nap.  :thumb:

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #81 on: 27 May 2010, 09:06 pm »
I think if I had a larger room then Bi-amping would definately be the way to go as my speakers definatley responded to the extra power, but I think 1 x 4B SST2 is kinda the limit for my room size, I was looking for a reason to move, now I have one  :D

I see. Well, that's cool. As long as you're happy.

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #82 on: 27 May 2010, 09:08 pm »
With the single amp I was single wiring, I've never actually tried Bi-Wiring as I've read mixed reports, is it generally recommended or a case of try it and see, again.

I would try it, if you can afford it. It certainly doesn't cost as much as a second amp!