Introducing WyWires...

Nick77

Re: Introducing WyWires...
« Reply #80 on: 29 Jun 2010, 08:02 pm »
      It is the closest i have ever heard recorded music sound like live.                           

making for an enjoyable surprise and thus sounding more like live music.                                       

One step closer to real? Yup!!!                                                       

I think im seeing a common thread here, isnt obtaining a live experience in the listening room whats its all about?

Go Alex!   :thumb: :thumb:

Gopher

« Reply #81 on: 29 Jun 2010, 08:24 pm »
I just wanted to chime in that I got a little time to listen to the Wywire in between my preamp and poweramp last night.  It is getting absurd how much better my system is sounding with Alex's work in place.

Many of you already read my glowing review of his phono cable posted in the review section of this site.  While I remain very happy with the changes it brought, I've actually been more impressed by the successive line level interconnects ("Hot Sauce" Source and 'Neutral' amp).  I would say though that before the wywire I was on the verge of selling my turntable but have been mostly content with it since.

At this point I'm switching back and forth between my source wywire being on my phonostage and on my dac, so my cabling is essentially all Wywire except for the speaker cables.  Each addition has been extremely meaningful, not just in terms of audiophile adjectives, but sheer musical enjoyment.

I'll post more objective thoughts as I form them over the next few days but even with only a few hours on them, I'll say:  Alex has yet ANOTHER winner!

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #82 on: 29 Jun 2010, 08:26 pm »
First things first-Steve(srb) has given me some of the best advice ever on this forum. The "flavor" thing is not an issue and I say that with all due respect and not like in a snooty prickish way..its more like someone said "its like taking Windex to my system"..things are heard that you normally don't hear. The subtleties are still subtle they are just brought to light as it were. Steve I would gladly send you my cable to check out for yourself...its honestly a nice straight up natural sound. Cymbals as I noted earlier actually sound like cymbals with weight and metal sound as they do naturally. Acoustic instruments sound very real and in the room with you...anyway enough of me. FWIW :thumb: :thumb:

srb

« Reply #83 on: 29 Jun 2010, 08:56 pm »
Steve I would gladly send you my cable to check out for yourself...its honestly a nice straight up natural sound.

Ed, I think you misunderstood.  I was replying to Alex's comment about inductance as he was referring to the wires in the comic strip being coiled around hot water bottles.

I was just saying that some people preferred "flavored" cables, and that the flavor was usually a result of resistance, capacitance or inductance (or a combination).  I was not implying that the WyWires fell into this camp.

Steve

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #84 on: 29 Jun 2010, 09:11 pm »
OOPS!!! :duh:

Nick77

« Reply #85 on: 29 Jun 2010, 10:41 pm »
Okay i know i have been drinking too much kool aid but i have realized a couple of things. These two WyWire ic's have changed the way i listen to music, i thought i was experiencing very good detail and bass but now i have over the top crystal clear clairty and listening to music is whole new experience. I am enjoying the music so much more, my system has made such monumental progress over the last few weeks that probably would have taken me years to obtain if ever.
Second i used to be totally obsessed with constant tweeking in an effort to obtain "audio bliss" well 2 ic's later i have no desire to tweek anything mainly because i would have no idea of how to improve upon what i am experiencing.

Thank you Alex and WyWires! I will try to chill out now.

werd

« Reply #86 on: 29 Jun 2010, 10:52 pm »
Hello folks

Just received my barbecue ribs flavored( :D)  interconnects from Wywire. Kindly sent to me by Alex  and intended to go from Bda dac to my Max Bella pre. My immediate impressions are very enthusiastic.

I didnt want to pull out the critical listening music and just ease into them with background mainstream, turned up occasionally. But curiosity killed the cat and i  fetched my Bill Frisell East/West recording to see how things held up. I have been listening to this recording a lot lately in anticipation of the arrival of these cables. After only spending a few minutes the quality/improvement of the reproduction was very apparent. This is an excellent live recording  and has great potential for improvement when listening for upgrades. The part that walked up and slapped me in the face was the ability to  hear the drummer's cymbal play. It takes a feat of engineering to be able to hear a drummer tap around a single cymbal using different stroke intensities with a solid rhythm and have no problem hearing it. This is the kind of stuff that gets washed away with sibilance or bad timing issues. It was all there  :thumb:, very high end.

Prelimaries are excellent but i going to see how it sounds using different types of music. I expect it do good but you never know..... 

bacobits1

« Reply #87 on: 29 Jun 2010, 11:38 pm »
I agree the cymbal play and drum kits just excel.
The last 2 days I threw everything at my system and was not disappointed.

These cables are quite something. :eyebrows:

D

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #88 on: 29 Jun 2010, 11:40 pm »
You have no idea how happy I am that you guys hear the same thing..phew!!! If any of you guys like Radiohead, cue it up..awesome!! :thumb: :thumb:
 oh..and just a heads up, you'll be sucked into the music...I have listened to almost every CD I own since putting in these cables...I love movies and watch them all
the time...I haven't seen one in the past few weeks...LOL!!!!!

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #89 on: 30 Jun 2010, 12:33 am »
You have no idea how happy I am that you guys hear the same thing..phew!!! If any of you guys like Radiohead, cue it up..awesome!! :thumb: :thumb:
 oh..and just a heads up, you'll be sucked into the music...I have listened to almost every CD I own since putting in these cables...I love movies and watch them all
the time...I haven't seen one in the past few weeks...LOL!!!!!

You're definitely the official Virture Fanboy.  WOW!!!  Good for you that you found something that tickles your fancy.  That's awesome!  Best part is it didn't break the bank...I KNOW, IT"S REALLY GREAT!!!!!

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #90 on: 30 Jun 2010, 12:35 am »
It's also very cool to read that many people are liking the Wywire cables.  It's nice to see that someones products are real and the person is almost humble. 

Nick77

« Reply #91 on: 30 Jun 2010, 04:18 pm »
I just wanted to throw this out there one more time, I am in Austin and if anyone wanted to give these a listen before purchase let me know. I have two interconnects, a Hot Sauce line level and a pre-out cable.  :D

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #92 on: 30 Jun 2010, 04:59 pm »
You're definitely the official Virture Fanboy.  WOW!!!
More like a JBL fanboy but Virtue and Wywires are most definitely tied for second!! :thumb:

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #93 on: 30 Jun 2010, 09:18 pm »
 As this is the last day of beta testing and for feedback: I was bored this afternoon so.... I took out all the Wywires interconnects and speaker cables and put back my pre-wywire setup. The sound was pretty lifeless, the instruments lost the tonality they had. Listening to Jeff Becks-"Emotion and Commotion" CD with both setups I was taken back by how much was lacking in my old setup. Track #3 has what I think is his best ever guitar solo at the end and some wonderful conga work...just sounded slappy and lifeless. I quickly put back the WyWires cables all the way around and listened again, actually grabbed some sticks and played along...it was back..safe again, my nice natural detailed sound had returned never to be interrupted again. I'm enjoying my music collection from front to back, back to front again like, well like never before actually. This has been a great test to be a part of...Thanks Alex and WyWires....enjoy!! :eyebrows:

wywires

« Reply #94 on: 30 Jun 2010, 09:28 pm »
All...NOT the last day for documented observations, comments, posts, etc.. Last day for new design partners, i.e., beta test participants. I'll be posting an announcement to that effect along with some other stuff.

Thanks to all who helped me so graciously...Really appreciated!

Phil A

« Reply #95 on: 30 Jun 2010, 10:22 pm »
All...NOT the last day for documented observations, comments, posts, etc.. Last day for new design partners, i.e., beta test participants. I'll be posting an announcement to that effect along with some other stuff.

Thank you Alex for the wonderful cables!!!

Nick77

« Reply #96 on: 30 Jun 2010, 10:42 pm »

A hardy thank you for sharing your awesome cables!! Best of success Alex and God bless.  :D

Gopher

« Reply #97 on: 30 Jun 2010, 11:00 pm »
Indeed, the thanks are due to you, Alex.  The people who have tested for you have all left the experience with something quite special to have and to remember. 

I really hope your cables become a high end standard.  You deserve it.

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #98 on: 2 Jul 2010, 02:36 pm »
Guys, now that I'm using my DAC as a preamp should I be using a different type cable?? I currently am using the Hot Sauce line in..the Virtue has been turned to amp only and tube DAC is now the pre..hhmm..just curious??

werd

« Reply #99 on: 2 Jul 2010, 04:17 pm »
Guys, now that I'm using my DAC as a preamp should I be using a different type cable?? I currently am using the Hot Sauce line in..the Virtue has been turned to amp only and tube DAC is now the pre..hhmm..just curious??

Do you have pre to power style assembly from Wywires?. Use those there imo.