NAGYS AUDIO Cable Tour Impressions!!!!

chlorofille

• 8'' MTM with scanspeak 21w8554 & D2904 7100
Re: NAGYS AUDIO Cable Tour Impressions!!!!
« Reply #80 on: 30 May 2010, 02:31 pm »

....so we started off with a stress test,first we through the XLR"s onto a busy road to test it for puishment-it passed since no one was on the road that day?Then we tied the speaker cables onto a tree and a 4x4 to test for tensile strength,well the truck ran out of fuel at the last minute so we passed the cables that day.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great review =)

werd

« Reply #81 on: 4 Jun 2010, 07:25 pm »
Hi

Ok cables arrived this afternoon. I am going to start with using a single rca and by the end of the weekend have a complete run of Nagy's cables outfitted into my system. Just to get a sense of the cable loom improvement. Keep you informed

:thumb:

NagysAudio

• http://www.nagysaudio.com
« Reply #82 on: 4 Jun 2010, 11:47 pm »
I have never once trashed anyone, or anyone's products. I make it my goal and try my very hardest to only post facts. This way all AC members can benefit from the information. If I'm wrong about something, I do my research and be the first to admit where I was wrong. Customer service is important to me, I always keep my word. I just gave mclsound a $210 discount on his cable purchase, because he spent that much on shipping and custom fees during the Nagys AC tour.

werd, I'm looking forward to your review!

werd

« Reply #83 on: 4 Jun 2010, 11:55 pm »
Thats too bad cuz his digital coax is pretty hot..... sounds reallly good with run of the mill mainstream. Going to get into some Bill Frisell tonight and i expect some really good results.

mclsound

« Reply #84 on: 5 Jun 2010, 11:56 am »
Sorry Guys
Let me start off by saying,I purchased Krell,the company thats asking $15,000 for a BR player(although I would never ever purchase new .when its half price in 6mths)and its management went for the shits,and PMC- was all about canada but not so much,nice speakers but again,I would never buy them new as it would cost me $75,000 for a 5 point surround,actually even used really is out of my range,but hell,if you want it you will buy it.Well this is my point.These companies are not perfect and along with wanting way to much money for there products,they do whats necessary to achieve it.You honestly dont think Stevie Wonder paid full price for his speakers?
Naggy has walked along this line a little but only to assure you that his cables are worth it.He is not asking incredibly stupid prices at all,the build quality is excellent and these cables actually make a difference in sound.
Well enough of that...next up was his XLR's & PC's and I only used 3xlr ,one on my Classe CA300(for my center channel)and a PC and 2 to my Raysonic CD 128(my only tubes)and a PC.Again the build quality was excellent.For the 128 I replacd a wireworld silver($600mrsp)that was on it and was only so because I paid $200 for this big goofy cable(long story).
I started out with ""Best of the Doobies"" and the first track""China Grove"" told it all.......soundstaging and separation was excellent,the transients all across the board were well defined and well balanced which surprised me.Naggys XLR and PC combo(replacing my Straightwire Mastro XLR)on the CD128 seemed to work rather well but had one more song..Madonna's "Vogue".
This is the ultamate bass master in my system and Naggy,s combo did it proud.Tight,not slow at all for her bass notes and never mushy..well I have no complaints.And for $400 you get a 2m PC and a pair of 1m XLR's which blend well with my tubes.
The centerchannel was also a good combo going along with the rca's in my SACD.Although the power cable was a Cardas wire that Classe chose as its reference upgrade and was partly responsible for the softness in the top end I thought there was maybe a little to much speed here and replaced the PC back to the Classe.This worked well and even in HT,vocals in satellite and DVD were clean and well defined(this was partly always true with the ATC super mid used).
Up next was the speaker cables on my buddies system(PMC IB1,Bryston 14bst,Denon 3930ci)and he thought the speaker cables were right up his alley and immediately wants his Monster M series(bi-wire) replaced with the Naggys.They seem small almost like house wire(14/2)not going to lie here but they brought out all the notes with the Naggy speed and clarity Mike loves.Mike put in some good time on these cables and other than the spades being to small(naggy has 9mm to)had no quibbles.His Monsters were a big lug of a cable and not much speed so this is where Naggys shined.
Not much time for the digital but Werd uses them alot and he should have a few points as the cables finally arrived in western Canada.
Norbert may have a attitude but so do all businessmen hungry to prove their product and at his price point you cannot go wrong.During these times its a pleasure to see a product that doesn't start at $1000 and make you go through a screening test(good god)for trials.And for the cost of the Naggy's you get a sound,a look and a speed,whether its to your liking or not is up to you but Solid State or Tubes there is a transformation and it doesn't cost much..I have ordered a few cables myself and will have a gathering in a few weeks and will put these on some Pass Labs X-600 monoblocks anothertime also.
My apologies for taking so long but this was not all about saying"Ya what he said"
Enjoy the music
john

Lyndon

« Reply #85 on: 5 Jun 2010, 01:07 pm »
Nicely done, John

pjchappy

« Reply #86 on: 5 Jun 2010, 05:03 pm »
Please keep posts on topic.  Offending posts removed.

Paul

werd

« Reply #87 on: 8 Jun 2010, 11:26 pm »
Hi

Will be sending cables back over border on Thursday. At around the same time i will post my comments.

Would like to know if you want me to send the cables uninsured to Rollo or would you like me to insure and ship back to Nagyaudio to ship out ?.

NagysAudio

• http://www.nagysaudio.com
« Reply #88 on: 8 Jun 2010, 11:37 pm »
Please ship them uninsured and marked as gift to Rollo. This should be the cheapest method. Thanks!

werd

« Reply #89 on: 11 Jun 2010, 04:21 pm »
One day behind schedule here. I am currently dismantly the rca's out the system and replacing with mine. Will have these ready to go for today and shipped to Rollo.

Will post my very favorable comments this weekend.

werd

« Reply #90 on: 14 Jun 2010, 05:43 pm »
Hello Folks

I am glad to have been able to partake in this listening audition by Nagyaudio. I was able to outfit my entire system with Nagyaudio's rca loom. All cables including power cables were included except for my Bryston 14B, ran out of power cables and was forced to use my own Gutwire powerclef/sq. I was still able to get an accurate feel of what these cables were all about. No xlr's as my Max Bella is rca only.

My system: Source.....Sony S7700 (modded Empirical Audio) - Bryston BDA1 or Gateway laptop usb.

Amplification....Response audio Max Bella (v-cap) - Bryston 14Bsst/2

speakers.... Acoustic Zen Adagios. Paradigm servo 15

Power cond..... Torus rm-20 (240v)

I am not able to comment whether these cables alter the original signal on acoustic instruments. For those that are interested in symphony or pure brass jazz and such, i would not be able to make a reliable opinion. I don't really listen for alterations. But i am pretty good at recognizing pace, rhythmic  and timing qualities. Along with sibilance and general digital annoyances. I started with the rca digital coax and over the course of 2 days finished off with his Speaker cables.

I used 2 recordings, both are great at pushing the envelope in gear. Any less of playback will turn these recordings from  rhythmic beats into a mush of un-listenable garbage from a prat perspective.                   

The White Stripes (Elephant)
 Bill Frisell (Unspeakable).. <<< A deal breaker for cable consideration

The digital coax was first. This lead seemed to show no signs of digital glare and at the same time keep the soundstage from dragging and becoming too digital. It was very close to my Atlas opus 1.5 mtr, which I consider to be the nicest I’ve heard.

The rca’s really started to become one when I fitted the next rca lead from my BDA1 to my Max Bella. Its here that I found a more polished presentation.  These two leads combined, it was  an improvement over my existing Atlas opus/ empirical audio Homophonic combo. The cables started to develop  a Nagyaudio loom quality. At first I thought the soundstage was truncated, I though it might have been holding back but everything seemed intact. The height and width soundstage was intact. Nothing seemed out of order with timing and rhythm.  It was just different and I think it was offering a reduced sibilance quality that tripped me up.  The last rca fitted between my Response audio pre and my Bryston14B cable me a full rca loom presentation. His polished Nagy cable presentation is very nice and doesn’t screw things up at. It has all the prat with a suprising lack of digital hash that many cables seem to amplify or add.  The biggest different were with the digital coax and the dac to pre lead. Its these two that made the biggest difference and I would recommend these two as a pair over just a digital coax alone as a purchase. Anything RCA from Nagy audio is excellent..

The thing about the White stripes is Meg’s ability to drum like a hack and sound genius at the same time. I find that cabling can emphasize the genius or they can make her sound amateur.  Prat here plays a big part to making the White Stripes interesting.  Norbert’s rca’s held out admirably to this but it seemed to loose a lot of ground when I fitted his power cable into my BDA. His cable sound was there and its good but it didn’t hold up to my harmonix X-DC2. Mindful I am unfairly comparing a $900 power cable to a $225 cable.  This is likewise while listening to Bill Frisell’s Unspeakable. This recording offers great 4/4 rhythms laid over with more complex poly rhythms. This album when played on anything other than quality gear can you give you a headache trying to make sense of it and becomes very intolerable after awhile.  This is mostly due to the missing sense of rhythms or  congealed soundstage.  The power cabled seemed to give you everything but changed the timing up. It wasn’t  bad by any means but just not as nice as what I have.

His speaker cables were good to but it were not comparable to my Gutwire synchrony. Again unfairly comparing to widely different price point cables. They lack all the digital annoyances and keep the sound intact but they didn’t have the prat I was used.

In all fairness these were at normal listening levels at a lower 16db gain setting on my pre. I did try these cables at louder volume set at 22db. The power cables and speaker cables came alive and changed quite a bit. But at loud volumes  I am really not interested in precise timing and prat. You kinda lose it anyways due to room interactions.  I can see how people would like these cables at these volumes as the low sibilance and the polished sound really holds up nicely. Makes playing loud with a lot less fatigue over time.

Excellent cables….

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #91 on: 14 Jun 2010, 05:54 pm »
Hello Folks

I am glad to have been able to partake in this listening audition by Nagyaudio. I was able to outfit my entire system with Nagyaudio's rca loom. All cables including power cables were included except for my Bryston 14B, ran out of power cables and was forced to use my own Gutwire powerclef/sq. I was still able to get an accurate feel of what these cables were all about. No xlr's as my Max Bella is rca only.

My system: Source.....Sony S7700 (modded Empirical Audio) - Bryston BDA1 or Gateway laptop usb.

Amplification....Response audio Max Bella (v-cap) - Bryston 14Bsst/2

speakers.... Acoustic Zen Adagios. Paradigm servo 15

Power cond..... Torus rm-20 (240v)

I am not able to comment whether these cables alter the original signal on acoustic instruments. For those that are interested in symphony or pure brass jazz and such, i would not be able to make a reliable opinion. I don't really listen for alterations. But i am pretty good at recognizing pace, rhythmic  and timing qualities. Along with sibilance and general digital annoyances. I started with the rca digital coax and over the course of 2 days finished off with his Speaker cables.

I used 2 recordings, both are great at pushing the envelope in gear. Any less of playback will turn these recordings from  rhythmic beats into a mush of un-listenable garbage from a prat perspective.                   

The White Stripes (Elephant)
 Bill Frisell (Unspeakable).. <<< A deal breaker for cable consideration

The digital coax was first. This lead seemed to show no signs of digital glare and at the same time keep the soundstage from dragging and becoming too digital. It was very close to my Atlas opus 1.5 mtr, which I consider to be the nicest I’ve heard.

The rca’s really started to become one when I fitted the next rca lead from my BDA1 to my Max Bella. Its here that I found a more polished presentation.  These two leads combined, it was  an improvement over my existing Atlas opus/ empirical audio Homophonic combo. The cables started to develop  a Nagyaudio loom quality. At first I thought the soundstage was truncated, I though it might have been holding back but everything seemed intact. The height and width soundstage was intact. Nothing seemed out of order with timing and rhythm.  It was just different and I think it was offering a reduced sibilance quality that tripped me up.  The last rca fitted between my Response audio pre and my Bryston14B cable me a full rca loom presentation. His polished Nagy cable presentation is very nice and doesn’t screw things up at. It has all the prat with a suprising lack of digital hash that many cables seem to amplify or add.  The biggest different were with the digital coax and the dac to pre lead. Its these two that made the biggest difference and I would recommend these two as a pair over just a digital coax alone as a purchase. Anything RCA from Nagy audio is excellent..

The thing about the White stripes is Meg’s ability to drum like a hack and sound genius at the same time. I find that cabling can emphasize the genius or they can make her sound amateur.  Prat here plays a big part to making the White Stripes interesting.  Norbert’s rca’s held out admirably to this but it seemed to loose a lot of ground when I fitted his power cable into my BDA. His cable sound was there and its good but it didn’t hold up to my harmonix X-DC2. Mindful I am unfairly comparing a $900 power cable to a $225 cable.  This is likewise while listening to Bill Frisell’s Unspeakable. This recording offers great 4/4 rhythms laid over with more complex poly rhythms. This album when played on anything other than quality gear can you give you a headache trying to make sense of it and becomes very intolerable after awhile.  This is mostly due to the missing sense of rhythms or  congealed soundstage.  The power cabled seemed to give you everything but changed the timing up. It wasn’t  bad by any means but just not as nice as what I have.

His speaker cables were good to but it were not comparable to my Gutwire synchrony. Again unfairly comparing to widely different price point cables. They lack all the digital annoyances and keep the sound intact but they didn’t have the prat I was used.

In all fairness these were at normal listening levels at a lower 16db gain setting on my pre. I did try these cables at louder volume set at 22db. The power cables and speaker cables came alive and changed quite a bit. But at loud volumes  I am really not interested in precise timing and prat. You kinda lose it anyways due to room interactions.  I can see how people would like these cables at these volumes as the low sibilance and the polished sound really holds up nicely. Makes playing loud with a lot less fatigue over time.

Excellent cables….

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :duh: :scratch:   :lol:

werd

« Reply #92 on: 14 Jun 2010, 08:47 pm »
Hello

Something that i forgot to mention. For those that are interested in DIY car audio installation the rca's would be excellent. I only mention this since they are so very cheap in price. Think of bicycle brake cable with rather small rca plugs on the end. Aside from getting a definite upgrade from what you normally put in, they would install quite easily. Anyone who has done this would know that a very tiny jacket with knub rca plugs makes very easy runs through firewalls and along and inside door panels.

Just something else i wanted to add.....

JakeJ

« Reply #93 on: 14 Jun 2010, 09:09 pm »
Thanks for the decent write-up, werd.  It isn't easy putting words to the subtle nuances the ear discerns when comparing stereo gear.  Doing it with cable is even harder, IMO.

Just a couple of people ahead of me and I have my Goldmund Mimesis 9+ back in good working order.  Looks like perfect timing for my audition.

werd

« Reply #94 on: 14 Jun 2010, 09:36 pm »
Thanks for the decent write-up, werd.  It isn't easy putting words to the subtle nuances the ear discerns when comparing stereo gear.  Doing it with cable is even harder, IMO.

Just a couple of people ahead of me and I have my Goldmund Mimesis 9+ back in good working order.  Looks like perfect timing for my audition.

Thanks, and you are right it isnt easy. But he gives you a generous supply of cables so there is lots there to go through. I would need more time with just one cable never mind a whole box.... hehe. I am still curious about the xlr's.

werd

« Reply #95 on: 25 Jun 2010, 06:56 am »
Well it looks like the cables i sent to Rollo got held up at the border for 8 days. It went across via Montreal. I guess this G20 summit held in Toronto is screwing with cross-border mail between Canada and the U.S.

JakeJ

« Reply #96 on: 25 Jun 2010, 07:52 am »
Thanks for the update, werd.  I was wondering what sort of BS might be happening.  Sure enough the most BS of BSes (better known as governmental BS) created a BS vortex in which everything got sucked in and placed in a state of limbo.  Oh well it is what it is.  Too bad as it ends up causing my window of opportunity to be smaller because I will likely return to work before they get here.  :x

I'll just have to make the best of it and grind through.

werd

« Reply #97 on: 25 Jun 2010, 03:49 pm »
Thanks for the update, werd.  I was wondering what sort of BS might be happening.  Sure enough the most BS of BSes (better known as governmental BS) created a BS vortex in which everything got sucked in and placed in a state of limbo.  Oh well it is what it is.  Too bad as it ends up causing my window of opportunity to be smaller because I will likely return to work before they get here.  :x

I'll just have to make the best of it and grind through.

Yup.... i can just imagine how a box of cables looked to them through there tighten security and scanners.

I dont see posting the tracking # being an issue  CX 223 102 860 CA at http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/default.jsf?LOCALE=en

JakeJ

« Reply #98 on: 25 Jun 2010, 05:32 pm »
Thanks again, werd.  Rollo and Pez are next so hopefully I'll have them in about three weeks, give or take.  Looking forward to it.
Jake

werd

« Reply #99 on: 26 Jun 2010, 04:55 pm »
Thanks again, werd.  Rollo and Pez are next so hopefully I'll have them in about three weeks, give or take.  Looking forward to it.
Jake

Np Jake, hopefully those cables will get around to you in good time... If i wouldve known the regular post was going to be like this i wouldve used UPS.....