Canada vs. Russia & Crosby vs. Ovechkin!

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Canada vs. Russia & Crosby vs. Ovechkin!
« on: 24 Feb 2010, 01:23 pm »
Loser gets nothing.  :o

How many Canadians are going to be watching tonight?  And how much pressure is on the home team to win? 

My Tivo better be working as I am out tonight. 

As a Caps fan, I wish Alex the Gr8 to have a great game but Russia to lose.  That way he will be fresher and more motivated to win the Stanley Cup for the Caps.
« Last Edit: 24 Feb 2010, 09:26 pm by woodsyi »

jackman

Re: Canada vs. Russia & Crosby vs. Ovechkin!
« Reply #1 on: 24 Feb 2010, 01:27 pm »
IMO, the two most exciting players to watch.  I'm also excited to see Sid play AGAINST his mate Gino!  That's going to be strange. Canada better play up to their potential - I think they will! This game should have playoff intensity.

Cheers,

J

2bigears

« Reply #2 on: 24 Feb 2010, 01:29 pm »
 :D the Can.-US game the other day broke records for veiwers,like playoff hockey 7'th game,very fast.the game tonight is going to big BIG-BIG,REAL BIG......five bucks on Canada for the win. :thumb:

JimJ

• Ut Prosim
« Reply #3 on: 24 Feb 2010, 01:54 pm »
NBC might have to show something other than ice dancing...

:peek:

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 24 Feb 2010, 02:04 pm »
I think women's figure skating starts today.  I bet we will get a dose of that instead of the whole hockey game in the States.  :duh:

I doubt Canadian TV would break away from this game for anything.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #5 on: 24 Feb 2010, 02:23 pm »
I doubt Canadian TV would break away from this game for anything.

They will for beer commercials.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #6 on: 24 Feb 2010, 02:25 pm »
five bucks on Canada for the win. :thumb:

I'll bet my speakers for yours!

Wind Chaser

« Reply #7 on: 24 Feb 2010, 02:31 pm »
And how much pressure is on the home team to win?

In Canada there's always the expectation for Gold.  If we win gold in hockey, nothing else matters.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 24 Feb 2010, 02:40 pm »
They will for beer commercials.

You mean they will market some swill as beer.  Real beers don't need marketing. 8) 

Speaking of swill, do Labatts still feature skunk musk?

mcgsxr

« Reply #9 on: 24 Feb 2010, 05:55 pm »
Of all the evenings to have a work event!  I will be out with clients until roughly 9pm, you can bet I will motor to a bar to catch the end of this game!

bunnyma357

« Reply #10 on: 24 Feb 2010, 06:06 pm »
Personally, I know Crosby is great and all, but I find his restraint & and ease of play somewhat off-putting. I'll take the free-wheeling and reckless play of Ovechkin any day. I love a scorer who isn't afraid to mix it up or shoot the puck in any situation.

Of course I'm a former Caps season ticket holder who left town just as the rebuilding began to gel. I'm actually rooting for Russia, man, a lot has changed since 1980.

Jim C

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: 24 Feb 2010, 06:20 pm »

... man, a lot has changed since 1980.

Jim C

You got that right.  Atmosphere around Verizon Center on a game day is incredible.  Who would have thunk it that the Caps tickets are hot and hard to get while you can't even give away the 'Skins tickets due to overall unpleasant game day experiences at the FedEx Field.  Nobody want to go and be stuck for hours and pay silly money for silly things to Dan Snyder. 

2bigears

« Reply #12 on: 24 Feb 2010, 06:31 pm »
 :D windchaser,that depends what you got,hehe.always open for adventure....it's a sure thing if you didn't know.this game will be all Canada.... :D

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #13 on: 24 Feb 2010, 06:41 pm »
NBC might have to show something other than ice dancing...

:peek:

Think again,,, the Canadian hockey game is scheduled to be shown on CNBC. Coverage is starting @ 7pm est, 3 hockey games will be shown starting with CAN-RUS, then FIN-CZE and finish with SWE-SVK. NBC will be covering the USA-SUI hockey game @ 3pm est.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

bunnyma357

« Reply #14 on: 24 Feb 2010, 07:00 pm »
By the way - does anybody know of a site that has audio only streaming?   I can't do video at work, and all my searches take me to NBC and video - can't find any radio coverage.

Jim C

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #15 on: 24 Feb 2010, 10:26 pm »
Team USA moves on to the semifinals with a 2-0 win over the Swiss team. Team USA meets the winner of the Finland- Czech Republic game.  :dance:

Cheers,
Robin

jackman

« Reply #16 on: 24 Feb 2010, 10:39 pm »
Personally, I know Crosby is great and all, but I find his restraint & and ease of play somewhat off-putting. I'll take the free-wheeling and reckless play of Ovechkin any day. I love a scorer who isn't afraid to mix it up or shoot the puck in any situation.

Of course I'm a former Caps season ticket holder who left town just as the rebuilding began to gel. I'm actually rooting for Russia, man, a lot has changed since 1980.

Jim C

I'm also an Ovechkin fan but Sid the Kid has a little something that Alex doesn't.  I'll give you one guess...

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #17 on: 24 Feb 2010, 11:30 pm »
Teeth?

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #18 on: 24 Feb 2010, 11:30 pm »
Team USA moves on to the semifinals with a 2-0 win over the Swiss team. Team USA meets the winner of the Finland- Czech Republic game.  :dance:

Cheers,
Robin

Watched the 3rd period.  Fun to watch!

Randy

« Reply #19 on: 25 Feb 2010, 12:09 am »
I hope Ovechkin does to Crosby what he did to Jagr a few days ago.  Go Russia!  Crosby is the biggest wienie in the NHL.