20 (95.2%)
VR-3
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

VR-33

DARTH AUDIO

Re: VR-33
« Reply #40 on: 3 Mar 2010, 05:26 pm »

I'm not and my camera is broken. Albert did mention that he was having a pro shoot the speakers.

BTW, I wasn't knocking Tan's pic's, just that the speakers are much more impressive in person!!

Tan Daniel

« Reply #41 on: 4 Mar 2010, 01:11 am »
Agree. The speakers looks a lot better in the photos that I took. They are well built and heavy.
One thing I noticed it has very good imaging and separations. Instruments are well defined and very close to livelike. Overall superb for the money. I'm still waiting for it to settle down...

Gary , do you have the speakers placed against the front wall. I get good tight bass with it rather than away from the wall. No toe in.

Dan.

DARTH AUDIO

« Reply #42 on: 4 Mar 2010, 03:05 am »
Dan, I have had the speakers 10" from the wall with very good results. I'm trying them as I type 15" from the wall. I also use the Rives PARC to smooth out the Bass nodes. Haven't calibrated the PARC yet. Still working on speaker placement. They sure are fun to listen to. I'll let you know my results.

Enjoy,

Gary

Jyrki N

« Reply #43 on: 4 Mar 2010, 07:38 pm »
Hello,
thanks Tan Daniel for the photos. Beautiful speakers. Tan, could it be possible to send me the original Albert's e-mail where original photos are? If ok, please send me, thank you

jyrki.niskanen@luukku.com

-Jyrki Niskanen, Finland

Tan Daniel

« Reply #44 on: 5 Mar 2010, 02:46 am »
Hi Jyrki,

I have just send a separate mail with the press release which has the photos.

Dan.

economides

« Reply #45 on: 5 Mar 2010, 10:02 am »
From what I learned from the local distributor here, the VR33's are going to be sold factrory direct only and they will not be distributed outside US !!

Pitty for Europe !!  :(

JackD201

« Reply #46 on: 5 Mar 2010, 12:34 pm »
Same goes for Asia. Lucky Tan as he got to be a final beta tester. It was also relayed to us by Albert via email that the VR-33 will purely be a US domestic product offering.

Tan Daniel

« Reply #47 on: 8 Mar 2010, 02:25 am »
Hi all,

Didn't know that Albert decided to keep this in the US. I'm lucky to get a pair and probably the only pair in Asia at this time.

But shud anyone would like to hear this wonderful speaker, do give me a call at 6-016-5501015 or email me. I'm in Malaysia and will be glad to give you a demo.

Cheers!
Dan.

mfsoa

« Reply #48 on: 8 Mar 2010, 03:16 am »
Hi guys,

Can someone tell me if these speakers are biwire-able?

I'm figuring they are

Thanks

Drooling

-Mike

Tan Daniel

« Reply #49 on: 8 Mar 2010, 03:20 am »
Nope , it is not biwireable.

Dan.

mfsoa

« Reply #50 on: 8 Mar 2010, 03:22 am »
...so, single speaker cable runs in keeping with bang for the buck theme - Smart move.

I need to start shopping my VR4JRs around!

Thanks

-Mike

DARTH AUDIO

« Reply #51 on: 8 Mar 2010, 12:11 pm »
Yes they are Bi-Wired. That's how I ordered my pair. There is an extra charge of $100.00. Great Binding posts as well.

Hurry and sell your VR-4jr's!! I had the VR-4jr's and the VR-33 is so much better in every way. The soundstage is something to behold!! It's wide, tall and deep. I listen at night with no lights on and you would think you are listening to a band on stage!! It's that good. The bass is very impressive. These are easily $15k speakers or more!! But at the intro price of $3750 (1st 100 pair) this was highway robbery!!!

More to come in the next few days!!

Gary

mfsoa

« Reply #52 on: 8 Mar 2010, 02:15 pm »
Darth, you cannot use your cheap Jedi mind tricks on me... It won't work...I...will...resist

I...must...resist  I...will...order...  Nooooo :lol:

Thanks for the feedback!

-Mike

DARTH AUDIO

« Reply #53 on: 8 Mar 2010, 04:56 pm »
It's an easy decision!! One hour on the phone with Albert, and I took the plunge!! Albert broke my speakers in for me and now that I've put another 100 hours they are really coming to life. He spared no expense on the drivers Scan Speak on mids and tweeter(similar to the YG config). Peerless 10" woofer that is tight, fast and deep!! I watched 2012 movie on Blu Ray and I almost set off my house alarm!! The floor was shaking and it's cement!! The crossover is using top line mundorf caps, Analysis Plus cable. The sock cabinet looks awesome to me.. Don't need No stinking $7k paint job!! These speakers are built like a "Sherman Tank"!! 103lbs each!! I have heard very expensive speakers at the shows and these rank up there with speakers costing $15K or more.

My brother and Sister-In-Law came by Friday night. She is not a music person, but she even commented on how "Smooth" they were and that they had body(fuller that my VR-4jr's). She felt like she was at a concert with every song. My bro said this is the best sound he's ever heard!! So life like!! Like all of Alberts speakers (I've owned the VR-2, VR-4jr's and now the VR-33's) they sound great with all kinds of music. ECM type music, Trio jazz, classic rock, Prog rock, it all sounds awesome. It's delicate when they need to be and ballsy when they need to rock out!!

The VR-33's will be in my system for a very long time!! And at just over $4k(with shipping) these are a real steal.

I hope this helps,

Gary

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #54 on: 8 Mar 2010, 06:26 pm »
Albert said that the hallmark of the 33s is the huge soundstage they throw.  He did say they sound different than any speaker he has designed.  $4K is chump change in this hobby so they are definitely a steal.

Tan Daniel

« Reply #55 on: 9 Mar 2010, 12:25 am »
So hurry guys, call Albert today and get a pair. Worth the money and you won't be disappointed. I'm keeping this pair for a long long time unless Albert comes out with something new with better sound and cheaper... :D

Dan.

rich58b

« Reply #56 on: 9 Mar 2010, 03:03 am »
Can anyone tell me what size room these require?  My listening room is 12' x 22' x 10'.  The speakers must go on the long wall facing the short direction, which doesn't allow me to get too far away from them. They would also need to sit fairly close to the wall behind them. With the rear firing woofer, I'm wondering if this speaker wouldn't be too much for my space?  Am I going to have to move?  :duh:

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #57 on: 9 Mar 2010, 01:33 pm »
From what I gather, they like being close to the front wall happily using it to reinforce the bass response.  With that huge soundstage, they should work well against the long dimension.  Pull that trigger now!   :uzi:
« Last Edit: 9 Mar 2010, 08:10 pm by es347 »

mfsoa

« Reply #58 on: 9 Mar 2010, 01:35 pm »
... and also because they are only 12" deep (I think) they won't stick so far out into the room like my VR4JRs do.

:drool:continues...

-Mike

DARTH AUDIO

« Reply #59 on: 9 Mar 2010, 03:06 pm »
Don't be fooled. These are big speakers! 52" tall w/spikes. 16" wide back and 12" deep. They are an imposing force. And that a complement!! They don't stick out as far as my VR-4jr's did. I have my VR-33's 12" from the back wall. My room is 16'x24' with Cathedral ceilings. My speakers are 9' apart and I sit 9' back from them. My theater chairs are 10' from the front wall and from the back of the chairs to the back wall is 14 feet. I also use the Rives PARC to compensate for room nodes.

BTW, they are more efficient than the VR-4jr's.

I brought Nina Simone back from the dead last night, because I could swear she was in my room last night singing!! I can't say enough about the soundstage!! It's like being @ the Chicago Theater in about the 4th row!! Awesome!!