Niteshade Audio amplifiers

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Niteshade Audio amplifiers
« Reply #80 on: 30 Nov 2009, 03:24 pm »

NOTE: I would have to believe the hum that emerged after the crossovers were repaired was due the speakers becoming more efficient.

Can you explain why this would cause a hum?  I thought a hum was usually a 60 Hz electrical hum. 

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
« Reply #81 on: 30 Nov 2009, 03:39 pm »
I asked him about that. The Rogue was brought to a repair shop and he was told the hum amount coming from the amp was normal. The speakers did not cause a hum- it was already there and unnoticeable before the crossovers were repaired.

The Rogue probably does have a problem and was misdiagnosed.

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #82 on: 4 Dec 2009, 12:43 pm »
Our 25% off trade-in sale has been a fantastic success. We're going to continue this sale indefinitely as the recession trundles on.

Here is how it works:

A product costs $2,000.00 for example. A 25% discount provides a $500.00 credit with a trade in.

Whatever you want to trade must be worth at least $500.00. If something is worth less than $500.00, we'll discount it's value. For example, a $100.00 item will receive a $100.00 credit.

I can't think of a better way to upgrade. There are no selling issues and fees. A partial barter system in this economy is a great way to have some fun and spend less money.

We're accepting MOST kinds of audio equipment on trade!

Take a look:
Solid state: Amps & Preamps
Tube: Amps & Preamps
CD & DVD Recorders & Players

If you have something not listed, we're open for discussion.

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #83 on: 5 Dec 2009, 08:21 pm »
Let's kick this recession in the A$$   :D

Saving money is always a good thing!

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #84 on: 8 Dec 2009, 02:09 pm »
We're knocking the recession to it's knees:

What we have to offer:

60 Watt/Channel tube power amps for $1600.00
30 Watt/Channel tube power amps are under $1,000
High power (35 watt) single ended amps for under $2,200
60 watt mono blocks for an unspeakably good price.

A tube preamplifier with upgrades for under $600.00 on sale

Every product is point to point wired and hand made in the USA and our products have many USA made parts in them.

To top things off, we're offering a trade-in allowance of up to 25%! If you purchase something for $2,000, you can get up to $500.00 back with a trade. I don't know a better way to say Merry Christmas. This recession has to go and go it will.

If a new amplifier is out of the question, the economical approach is to get a new one made out of your existing amplifier. This saves BIG $$$.  You could get an amp worth $2,000 from a $600.00 rebuild. Please inquire for further details.

So long recession!

jhm731

« Reply #85 on: 11 Dec 2009, 01:50 am »
What is a 1940's Mod?

Do you have any pictures of units with hardwood trim?

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #86 on: 11 Dec 2009, 11:32 am »
In about three weeks I will have photos of a completed amplifier with hardwood trim. The trim is upper-class furniture grade and extraordinarily beautiful.

Here is a link to my cabinet maker's wood selection:

http://www.delnero.com/custom-made/wood-furniture.html

I have wood transformer covers available too.

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #87 on: 11 Dec 2009, 02:09 pm »
A 1940's upgrade makes the power supply more efficient, reduces noise to a nearly non-existent level and provides better high voltage regulation. It uses a multiple-filter circuit similar to what was used in early tube amplifiers. It's more reliable than standard power supplies and extremely quiet. The circuit provides very good high voltage regulation too. The audio section of the amplifier is upgraded to take advantage of the power supply's capabilities.

bigjppop

« Reply #88 on: 12 Dec 2009, 10:38 pm »
Blair:

You had mentioned some time ago about the possibility of a DIY kit offering; any progress on that front?  I'd love to see something with EL84's or the 6v6's you rave about.

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #89 on: 13 Dec 2009, 12:31 pm »
I've been pondering it. If I were to make one, it would not use a printed circuit. The level of expertise to build the kit would be increased because of that.

Blair:

You had mentioned some time ago about the possibility of a DIY kit offering; any progress on that front?  I'd love to see something with EL84's or the 6v6's you rave about.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #90 on: 13 Dec 2009, 05:39 pm »
Typically it's the driver circuit with RF amplifier tubes that's responsible for a low output. They require a considerable amount of power to drive to their potential. Their gain is very low.

Other factors can include:
1. Power supply voltage
2. How well the output transformer matches the tube
3. Type of biasing circuit

It's expensive to make high voltage power supplies (above 500V) and that's one of the primary reasons why the big tubes have wimpy outputs. Second reason: Output transformers for them are expensive due to the high impedance primary necessary. Therefore, low wattage models are more prominent. It may or may not be feasible to get more power out of your 211 amps. I would advise leaving them alone until a repair is necessary. 845's & 572's are in the same design 'boat' as 211's, so changing tube types wouldn't help.

I have a good program for early American integrated/power amplifiers:

1. Replace coupling caps
2. Replace filter capacitors
3. Check/replace out of tolerance parts
4. Check/repair damaged, dry-rotted wiring
5. See if any circuits can be upgraded
6. Biasing: adjust or replace circuit with a better one. Fishers's sometimes have a unique biasing system that can't be modded. It's a positive biasing technique. There are often parts that need to be replaced though.

Typical cost is around $375.00 and includes all components, inducing as many OEM-like parts as possible. I like to maintain the OEM appearance inside & underneath. It takes extra time and some expensive parts, but it's well worth it.

Note: A new integrated amplifier can be made from your 101's iron. It can be integrated as well.  This option is $700.00. All internal parts are new and you get to choose the amp's color.
  Thanks for the response. I like the new amp option using the vintage iron. I'll contact you after Christmas .

charles

bigjppop

« Reply #91 on: 13 Dec 2009, 09:52 pm »
Might be another nice recession buster!  I'd love to see what you come up with.

I've been pondering it. If I were to make one, it would not use a printed circuit. The level of expertise to build the kit would be increased because of that.

Blair:

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
« Reply #92 on: 23 Dec 2009, 09:06 pm »
I too would love to see you come up with a kit.  I would love to use your designs to build mono blocks that would put out 60 to 90 watts each!!  I currently am using a kit version of an ST-120 from Bob Latino that I built but again would be very interested in what you could come up with in kit version.

Happy Holidays!!

rklein

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #93 on: 24 Dec 2009, 11:52 am »
I'm glad you're both interested in kits!  :thumb:

My designs are kit friendly. As long as you don't mind 100% point to point wiring, they could be fun to put together.

What are your thoughts on turret boards? They appear like a good idea, but are not as easy to follow for troubleshooting. It's a big help to actually see things as they are on a schematic. For example, if there's a resistor going to pin 3 on a 12AU7, it's comforting to physically see it there rather than in a remote location. What are your thoughts?
« Last Edit: 2 Jan 2010, 02:24 pm by Niteshade »

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
« Reply #94 on: 24 Dec 2009, 02:32 pm »
Forgive my ignorance...  What is a turret board?  I don't mind point to point wiring.  The ST-120 I put together had a combination of point to point along with a VTA PCB board.  Bob Latino supplied step by step instructions along with a photo of the inside of the finished amp.  It was alot of fun to put together.  I would also be interested in having the ability to switch from triode to pentode.  I don't know if this would be possible on monos.  In addition, I don't want to drive the price of the kit up too high.

Thanks,

rklein

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #95 on: 24 Dec 2009, 03:48 pm »
« Last Edit: 25 Dec 2009, 01:35 pm by Niteshade »

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #96 on: 5 Jan 2010, 01:33 pm »
New 2010 Product List:

Grand NS-60: 1940's upgrades, switchable dual tube rectifiers/solid state rectifier, solid hardwood trim, extra-massive power supply, precision phase splitter. : $3200.00

Grand SEP 30:  30 watts per channel, 1940's upgrades included, solid hardwood accents, dual tube rectifiers, switchable diode rectification, tunable bias, variable feedback. Uses 6550 to KT90 tubes, your choice! :$3500.00

1920's style attenuator: Solid hardwood, 100% copper shield, ZERO NOISE system, DC bypass: $850.00

Grand Beacon 4: Four Inputs, dual tape loops, tube rectification, hardwood accents, extra heavy power supply, transformer coupled 100 ohm output, headphone monitoring via single ended EL84 amplification: $3500.00

SS-1 Solid state preamplifier: Battery or power supply operation, 100 ohm output, hardwood accents, 4 inputs, two outputs: $1,500.00

There are going to be more new products available as well!

Photos will be available soon! More information will be up on our web site when the first production models are available.

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #97 on: 13 Jan 2010, 02:06 pm »
We still have a big sale going on: Trade-ins are worth up to 25% off your purchase! For example, a purchase of $2500.00 will be reduced by $625.00 with a trade worth at least that much. Final price will be a mere $1875.00!

Get what you want AND get rid of what you don't need in one convenient step.  No need to worry about listing fees and whether it will sell for what you want.

Niteshade Audio carries amplifiers from 30 watts per channel to mono blocks providing 100 watts each. Customizations, such as your color choice are free. Ask about package deals and save big time. We have high efficiency mods that reduce amplifier heat and improve sonics at the same time among several other upgrade options. Matching amps & preamps are big right now.

What would you like? Just ask!

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #98 on: 1 Feb 2010, 08:19 pm »

The new 2010 NS-30 SEP amplifier!

More good stuff is coming out too. I love our new model! There is no better way to join the high power single ended community. This is one of the best amplifiers we have ever made. You will never go back to single-ended, single tube amps again, guaranteed.

A link for more information: http://sites.google.com/site/niteshadeaudio/Home/niteshade-amplifiers/single-ended-amplifiers
« Last Edit: 2 Feb 2010, 05:01 pm by Niteshade »

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #99 on: 2 Feb 2010, 05:07 pm »

This is an absolutely amazing amplifier! Designed for home or commercial studio use and 100% over designed.

A complete write up is on our web site: http://sites.google.com/site/niteshadeaudio/Home/niteshade-amplifiers/the-big-guns

There is much more coming your way. 2010 is going to be spectacular!  :D