Oldies.com has huge Fantasy CD sale-Blowout-Exceptional Deals!

jazzcourier

OLDIES.COM---- They are well into a major sell off off of many titles from the Fantasy music group. Fantasy was sold to Concord a few years ago and began to swallow up labels,Telarc for one.This sale is mainly the older catalog stuff from the Fantasy holdings- The original Jazz Classics-great things from Riverside,Prestige,Contemporary from the 50' and 60's-some exceptional Jazz here at 4.98 and 5.98 a disc.Stax records,specialty records,and all the Telarc classical stuff.So whether you are into Coltrane or Creedence or the Staples Singers or Mozart,or all of them you will find some wonderful music at a great price.Oh yeah,the shipping is free over 75.00.The list is long and runs over 40 pages but this is,especially good for Jazz,many of the wonderful Pable titles are here.Just some great music at a great price and worth your look.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Lots of nice deals.... :hyper:
.............thanks for posting.... :thumb:

http://www.oldies.com/collection-view/Fantasy-Warehouse-Clearance-Sale.html

mjosef

Yeah....just bought about 19, and have about 25 more saved for later.
They had a few SACDs and DSD, and 20bit remasters and also a couple XRCDs for 4.95...yippie

lonewolfny42

Yeah....just bought about 19, and have about 25 more saved for later.
They had a few SACDs and DSD, and 20bit remasters and also a couple XRCDs for 4.95...yippie

Only 2,194 Cd's to look over.... 8)

mjosef

Yeah I spent a couple hours going through the 43 pages....  :duh:

lonewolfny42

Yeah I spent a couple hours going through the 43 pages....  :duh:

But you saved money..... 8) :wink:

ooheadsoo

This is bad news.  Last time they had this sale (last month,) I blew my budget on 20-30 cds.  Bad, bad, bad...

srb

I behaved quite responsibly and only bought 7 jazz CDs @ $4.98 each!  Thanks for the heads-up jazzcourier.

Steve

Wally King

Does anyone know if these clearance CDs are cut-outs?

ZLS

I behaved quite responsibly and only bought 7 jazz CDs @ $4.98 each!  Thanks for the heads-up jazzcourier.

Steve

I did not behave responsibly and am trying to focus on the fact that I saved $350 off the list price rather than the fact that I purchased over 30 CD's!! 

It's not working, but I too thank jazzcourier for the heads up. 

rockadanny

Re: Oldies.com has huge Fantasy CD sale-Blowout-Exceptional Deals!
« Reply #10 on: 11 Sep 2009, 01:32 pm »
Cha-Ching! Thanks for the heads up on this one!  :thumb:

All this PLUS remastered Beatles in one week!? I'll need to take a week's vacation just to listen to all of this terrific music. Heaven ... I'm in heaven ...

BobM

« Reply #11 on: 11 Sep 2009, 03:05 pm »
Damn you all, making me spend more money.  :thumb:

Scottdazzle

« Reply #12 on: 11 Sep 2009, 03:32 pm »
Jazzcourier,

Thank you!!  I found 20 I couldn't live without!   aa  All I need is more time to listen.  :duh:

Scott

jazzcourier

« Reply #13 on: 11 Sep 2009, 06:20 pm »
I am back on "the list" going over a few things i missed. Some of the great Blues from Prestige-Lightnin' Hopkins and a few John Lee Hooker items .Those "Bluesville" anthologies are very good-the "Chicago" collection with Otis Spann,Homesick James,Billy Boy Arnold and James Cotton is just superb. There are two GREAT cd's i will recommend-"LISTEN HERE" Eddie Palmieri-this was on Concord (4.98) a wonderful Latin Jazz session that leans more to the Jazz side with John Scofield on electric and acoustic guitar,Mike Brecker on tenor saxophone and Regina Carter on violin .This is a magical session that spotlights Palmieri's exceptional piano work and is one of the best recorded cd's i have ever heard,with amazing instrument placement in the soundstage and phenomenal depth and percussion detail speaker to speaker. This came out in 2005 and has gone through a number of systems and speakers and always delights!
  Tenor Saxophone master Ben Webster was a stalwart of the Duke Ellington band in the 1930's and early 40's.  Later in his career he gravitated to small groups and simplicity .His reputation was built on his incomparable ballad playing. The warmth of his tone was all black velvet,you heard and felt the breath rushing through his mouthpiece  on every well placed note.The original BEN WEBSTER "AT THE RENAISSANCE" was a so,so recording issued years ago. A spur of the moment session with less than ideal location recording circumstances but with a fantastic performance by Ben. This early 60's session's master tapes were discovered a few years ago and STEREO masters were in one of the boxes and hence issued on this cd with unreleased bonus tracks. After the levels are set(you hear in on the first track with the engineer rushing  to get a balance) the band just coasts under Ben as he spins his improvisations. You can really hear his fabulous tenor tone on these newly discovered stereo masters. It is a great band with Ben's favorite pianist Jimmy Rowles,guitarist Jim Hall,Red Mitchell on bass and drummer Frank Butler.The stereo edition of this recording is outstanding with an amazing ambiance that turns the soundstage into the nightclub.It is a mesmerizing  performance, and is on "the list" at 4.98.

ooheadsoo

« Reply #14 on: 12 Sep 2009, 01:48 am »
If by cutout you mean there is a big notch taken out of the cd case, then yes.

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #15 on: 12 Sep 2009, 03:24 am »
Hey wait for me!

lonewolfny42

« Reply #16 on: 14 Sep 2009, 01:12 am »
Oldies.com has huge Fantasy CD sale-Blowout-Exceptional Deals!

A bump for those that may not of seen this thread... :wink:

THANK YOU jazzcourier ......would not of known about this sale without your post....I grabbed 52 of the 2,194 for sale. :drool:  aa

(note: There are also SACD's  at their low prices...some good ones...)

http://www.oldies.com/collection-view/Fantasy-Warehouse-Clearance-Sale.html

srb

« Reply #17 on: 14 Sep 2009, 01:35 am »
jazzcourier,

On you super-detailed recommendation, I went back and got Eddie Palmieri "Listen Here" & Ben Webster "At The Renaissance".  Actually two copies of each, and now I have one Christmas gift checked off the list.  Tanx again!

Steve

richidoo

ooheadsoo

« Reply #19 on: 14 Sep 2009, 06:06 am »
For those of you new to the oldies.com experience, FYI, the last (only) time I ordered, they split my shipment up into 3 or 4 shipments due to availability issues.