Inglorious Bastards

jimdgoulding

T had seen lots oif mivies
« Reply #100 on: 23 Jan 2010, 02:34 pm »
Footnote, yo.  Saw an interview with QT and film critic Elvis Bishop (I think that's the guy's name).  I knew QT had seen lots of movies (a student of them, really).  This was evident to me in Basterds.  But, geez, he may be one of the world's biggest collectors.  Anyway, something occured to me after he had high praise about the long time gone director Vincent Minnelli.  The Kill Bill's are "musicals"!  In the lyrical sense, I mean.  I still don't like them but think that's interesting.

Len_Dreyer

Re: Inglorious Bastards
« Reply #101 on: 24 Jan 2010, 03:41 am »
Great movie, for those that had trouble with Q.T., he work reminds me of Jonathon Swift.
« Last Edit: 27 Jan 2010, 12:17 am by Len_Dreyer »

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #102 on: 24 Jan 2010, 03:45 am »
I intend to see IB, but how many remember how violent "A Clockwork Orange" was?  I seem to remember it is considered a milestone in cinema.  Freaked me out at the time.

Len_Dreyer

« Reply #103 on: 24 Jan 2010, 03:51 am »
I intend to see IB, but how many remember how violent "A Clockwork Orange" was?  I seem to remember it is considered a milestone in cinema.  Freaked me out at the time.

My wife was covering her eyes & ears for some of this movie and trusting me to let her know when things were safe.

JDUBS

« Reply #104 on: 24 Jan 2010, 03:53 am »
GREAT movie!!  Two thumbs up!   :thumb:  :thumb:

-Jim

ctviggen

« Reply #105 on: 24 Jan 2010, 01:39 pm »
Well, this will be the last Tarantino movie I ever watch.  As with the other two movies of his I've seen, the stories have been good, the characters interesting, the acting good to great, but the movies are way too violent and bloody, for reasons I don't think are necessary.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #106 on: 24 Jan 2010, 02:23 pm »
Well, this will be the last Tarantino movie I ever watch.  As with the other two movies of his I've seen, the stories have been good, the characters interesting, the acting good to great, but the movies are way too violent and bloody, for reasons I don't think are necessary.
Yeah, brother.  Gratutious and sensationalist.  Way over the top.  And how he portrays it has become his signature.  In the two interviews I have seen with him, I don't remember him being asked about that.  I'd like to hear his answer.  It's such an obvious question I'm thinking he may preclude it as a condition for the sake of image.  Larger audiences appear to like him for that which says something about us as Mjack eluded to earlier.  Maybe it's a reality check.  Maybe he just doesn't want to mess with the formula.