FREE TRIALS!! IeGO power cable trials!!

Zyca

• Industry Participant
    • Acoustic Fun Web Store!
FREE TRIALS!! IeGO power cable trials!!
« on: 6 May 2008, 02:48 am »
Hello everyone,

Thanks to everyone's great response to our L70530 series of cable, and because of that, we decided that we would like to offer everyone a trial service, free!

The rule is simple:

We will have at least one or more cable per model in circulation, and if you'd like to try it, we will ask for a deposit that will be fully refunded as soon as the cable is returned to us or received in good condition by the next person to try it out.   The cable will be "slightly" different from the standard cable in one place, the connectors will be glued shut to prevent any intensional or unintentional tampering.  As this is dealing with power, it is always better to be safe than sorry.

The requirement for the trial participant:

• A deposit equal to the new cable with shipping  (fully refunded upon being returned or received by the next person in good condition, including shipping and your shipping cost to the next person)
  • After opening the package, check the glues on the connector to see if it had been opened. If the seal was broken, or if anything is damaged, cut or looking suspicious.  Please return cable to us right away for inspection, and we will cross ship a set of new cable to you for your trail.
  • You will have 2 weeks to try the cable out (3 weeks max if the cable you received is brand new) before you are required to ship it to the next trail participant.  (If you really need more time, please let me know either before or early on during the trial.)
  • I do not really require the trial participant to post any reviews or anything, but I'd love if it they could post a few words. (Please post your stereo setup info if you do, so that people have a background to reference to.)
  • If the next guy that get the cable found out the seal on the connector is broken, it does NOT mean that I'm going to charge you anything for that.  However, please understand that this kind of condition will cause inconvenience to everyone, and limit my plan to provide more review units for people to try out.  Not to mention it may cause you to be excluded from future free trials.
  • If trail participant find that they are unable to part with their trial cable, they may elect to keep the cable until they have received the shipment of their freshly ordered cables.  Then ship the review cable on to the next participant.
  • If the cable is damaged due to improper use (please check the cable when you get them), a nominal repair fee will be deducted from the deposit to cover the repair cost.  If intensional abuse, disassembly, component change is detected, I may have to list that participant into the exclusion list for future trails.  So please take due care when using the trial items.
  • I will not limit how many different model per person that you can request, but please be prudent and reasonable, so that everyone gets their chance at it. ;)
  • That's about it, anyone got any suggestions?

All my current cables will be available for trial, but clearly I cannot have a lot of the same model of power cable floating around, so it will be queued and the first person to request and submit deposit for a particular model(s) will be the first person to receive it for trial.

Cables on Trial:  (Click on the photo for larger image, and the model number for more detailed info)

Entry Level:
  • L70530+8055 Copper connector: Slightly darker presentation. ($65 @ 1.5M)
  • L70530+8065 Silver plated copper connector: Slightly Brighter presentation. ($95 @1.5M)

Mid Range:
  • L80229+8075 Rhodium plated copper connector: Solid imaging and sound staging, smooth and clean presentation. ($220 @1.5M)
  • L80229+8085 Gold plated copper connector: Smooth and involving mid, easily enjoyable sound without loss of detail. ($190 @1.5M)
  • L80229+8095 Rhodium plated IeGO PUMOCC 99.999% pure SILVER connector: Basically the best of both world, and so much more. ($340 @1.5M)

Please note that all participants will have their forum ID posted here so that people can check the current condition of the queue.  After the trial, you may request your ID to be removed, but before or during the trial, the ID will have to be posted for people to keep track.  I will not however, post any of your personal info or real name here, unless of course you requested/approved so.

If you are afraid that you may damage the cable/connector accidentally, please note that in IeGO's history, there have NEVER been even one single case of cracked plastic housing. (Polycarbonate is one tough bugger)  The cable itself is very flexible and tough as well, I feel it would be hard for people to damage the cable accidentally, but those disclaimers have to be said first to avoid any conflicts later on. (update)

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 7 May 2008, 02:30 pm by Zyca »

denjo

Re: FREE TRIALS!! IeGO power cable trials!!
« Reply #1 on: 6 May 2008, 02:52 am »
Hi Zyca

I am interested but this will involve international shipping and, if you allow, I may need more time for the trial.

I think for those who wish to post some comments, you might want them to describe their system and the cables they have been using.

Best Regards
Dennis

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 6 May 2008, 03:03 am »
Hi Zyca

I am interested but this will involve international shipping and, if you allow, I may need more time for the trial.

I think for those who wish to post some comments, you might want them to describe their system and the cables they have been using.

Best Regards
Dennis

Of course, if more time is required, just let me know ahead of the time so that I can schedule the queue.  As for shipping, I will try to keep the user to user shipping close, for example, a set within north america and a set for elsewhere (when there's enough demand).  The time does not count until you have received the package, so that the trial participant can have the full two weeks to try them out.

It is indeed a good idea for those who like to say a few words to post some info on their system, that would be a good idea.  I would also like to suggest consulting with me regarding which cable would be the best suited for your budget and system before going ahead with the trial order.  I should be able to offer some suggestions on the best combo for you. ;)

Thanks

David Wei

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 6 May 2008, 03:07 am »
Count me in.

Sure, please let me know which one (or more) you are interested in, and PM me your Paypal email for the deposits. ;)

Thanks.

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 6 May 2008, 03:38 am »
Count me in.

Sure, please let me know which one (or more) you are interested in, and PM me your Paypal email for the deposits. ;)

Thanks.

I have no idea.

Condense the options into a brief list, please.

Well, please check the first post, I just finished building a list of available cables.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 6 May 2008, 03:47 am »
Which is the balanced and neutral cable among the options?

I recommend either L80229 with either 8075 or 8095 if that's what you'd like.  All of the cable are tuned so that it is mostly balanced and neutral, with a little bit of flavor that allows you to tune your system with them.

Thanks.

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 6 May 2008, 08:28 am »
Updated the requirement a bit on the subject of damage and tampering.  Please note that in those situations, we will seek the solution that costs both party the least amount of losses.  If you accidentally damage the trial cables, please don't just send it to the next guy and pretend nothing had happened.  This would cost everyone involved more trouble than needed, if anything had happened, we will try to find the lowest cost solution. Say your kid bit off a blade on the Rhodium silver plug (just kidding), we don't need to replace the whole unit, but we can simply replace the single damaged blade.  Which is considerably cheaper than replacing the whole plug.

Due to some unfortunate experience that my friend at IeGO had with trial units, we unfortunately have to setup an blacklist or exclusion list of trail products to exclude those who tends to damage the trail product intensionally.  If you accidentally damaged it, please let us know.  After all, an accident is an accident, we do not want to profit from that.  If you send the cable out to the next person and they found that there's something wrong with the trial cable; it will just turn into a massive headache for all parties involved, and I hope we will never have that kind of trouble here. ;)

Ah well, I had to say those ugly stuff first, so that when something actually happen, everyone will know how to proceed from that. ;)

Thanks

David Wei

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 7 May 2008, 02:28 pm »
Updated with a better looking L80229+8075 photo, and some info as well.

If any of you is thinking about trial, but are a bit concerned with the possible accidental damage to a "fragile" cable.  Well let me just say a few things

If you are afraid that you may damage the cable/connector accidentally, please note that in IeGO's history(IeGO's been selling this stuff for a few years now), there have NEVER been even one single case of cracked plastic housing. (Polycarbonate is one tough bugger)  The cable itself is very flexible and tough as well, I feel it would be hard for people to damage the cable accidentally, but those disclaimers have to be said first to avoid any conflicts later on.

I don't really expect this cable going to be damaged that easily, most likely it would be due to the wear and tear of many trials in many different homes.  Which of course, would be considered normal wear and tear, and the cost of those kind of repair will be covered by me, not any of the trail participants.

Hope that clears some of the things up.