IeGO Entry level Power Cable L70530 now shipping!!! Check first post for info.

Zyca

• Industry Participant
    • Acoustic Fun Web Store!
<last updated 2008/4/26>

PLEASE NOTE: THIS CABLE ONLY COMES IN THE STYLE OF AMERICAN STYLE CONNECTOR AT THE MOMENT, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE PROPER AC MAINS SOCKET AT HOME (OR ON YOUR POWER CONDITIONER) BEFORE YOU ORDER.

Sorry for the caps, but this has to be done to make sure it is not going to be missed by anyone.

This is also called TYPE B, and can be found in the link below:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_AC_power_plugs_and_sockets

IeGO's Entry Level L70530 power cable that sounds anything but entry level.

L70530+8055CT, note the beautiful copper tone on... what else?  8055's pins made with furukawa copper.  The pins are acid bathed to resist oxidation.
1.5M/5ft   =  $65 USD + Shipping
2.0M/6.5ft =  $80 USD + Shipping
Custom length = $15 USD per 0.5M added, bulk unterminated cable also available at the same price.

L70530+8055CT is a great all-around cable that does several things quite well, and can be easily used on different many equipments good results.

The heavy duty construction of this cable and its connectors ensure unimpeded delivery of electrical power to your equipments, and while most cable can do that pretty well, this cable also provide the following advantages:
  • Solid bass with excellent control, extension and decay.
  • Good imaging and focus with a lot of details.
  • Large and finely layered sound stage.
  • Enhances vertical sound staging, not just horizontal.
  • Very smooth sound all around, no undesirable sharpness anywhere.
  • Perfect to tone down the unnatural brightness of some class D amps or other equipments.
  • One of the best bang for buck cable of all time.

L70530+8065CT, note the surface is chemically polished smooth, and processed before it is heavily silver plated to 240um thick.;)
1.5M/5ft   =  $95 USD + Shipping
2.0M/6.5ft =  $110 USD + Shipping
Custom length = $15 USD per 0.5M added, bulk unterminated cable also available at the same price, it all the same if the connectors are not installed. ;)

In contrast with the non-plated 8055CT, L70530 with the silver plated 8065CT exhibits a lot of similarity and a few differences that is quite significant.

• Everything that L70530+8055CT have, plus
  • Brighter, fuller sound, that is never too bright or sharp.
  • Better clarity and transpancy
  • Perfect to add a little sparkle to your system

How best to use L70530?

It is simple really, with 8055 it is neutral/dark tone while with 8065 it is neutral/bright tone.  You do not have to use the same cable all over the system, if you find one component needs a bit of brightening or a bit of sparkle, then use L70530 with 8065.  However, if you have a really bright source or amp (some Class D might have this problem), then use L70530 with 8055 to give it more smoothness and make it more involving.

What about the spec of the cable? The nitty gritty jargons and weird informations?

Well, here we go:

The L70530 itself is made up of 14 strands of individually insulated copper, silver plated copper and silver alloyed copper in different gauges for the Live and neutral line, and multi strand silver plated copper of the same gauge for ground. With copper foil (not aluminum like most other cables) for shielding.

What's more interesting is that the copper used is sourced from Furukawa (yes, that really expensive Furukawa), their 1020 Copper/Rose copper is rated at 4N purity.  It is then alloyed with 0.1% of gold before it is made into wire (all the copper in the cabling have been alloyed with gold) and use OCC casting process with diamond drawing die to create it.  The silver plated copper additionally receive between 120um to 240um of pure silver plating (plating thickness depends on wire gauge).

It is then cryo processed in liquid nitrogen for 22 hours @ -240C/-400F to relieve all internal stress, and then bundled up to make the wire you see above.

Similarly interesting is the end connectors (IEC & AC plug), which are also made with Furukawa 1020 copper.  The copper plate is first acid bathed to remove any surface impurity, and then chemically treated to prevent oxidization/discoloration.   In addition to the raw rose copper connectors, a heavy silver plate (240um on average) version is also available, the ultra thick plating allows silver to provide its best attribute without causing any over-brightness or sharpness in sound.   Of course, the metal used is also cryo processed in liquid nitrogen like the wire is before assembly.

SHIPPING CHARGE:

To US/Canada/European countries/Russia:
1 cable = USD $25
2 cables = USD $35
3 cables = USD $45
5 cables and up to 9 = USD $55 (Special offer)
10 cables and up = FLAT RATE $30  (Special offer)

To Asian countries/Oceania Regions (Yes, that includes you Aussies and Kiwis)
1 cable = USD $20
2 cables = USD $30
3 cables = USD $40
5 cables and up to 9 = USD $45 (Special offer)
10 cables and up = FREE SHIPPING  (Special offer)

To South American countries/African countries:
1 cable = USD $35
2 cables = USD $45
3 cables = USD $55
5 cables and up to 9 = USD $70 (Special offer)
10 cables and up = FLAT RATE $45  (Special offer)

To order, please PM me with your paypal email address and the type of cable/length/quantity that you want, and I'll send an paypal invoice to you.

Thanks for watching. ;)

« Last Edit: 12 May 2008, 02:37 pm by Zyca »

Jon L

Re: Interesting new power cable, cross section first. ;)
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jan 2008, 06:29 am »
OK, David, let me try this off Head-Fi.  I can try both versions and let you know how they compare to:

Black Sands Violet Z1

Electraglide Fatman Gold 2000

Volex SJT

Audience PowerChord

Goldmund cord

Omega Mikro active shield cord

and others..

Den

« Reply #2 on: 30 Jan 2008, 02:59 pm »
If you are looking for more than one reviewer, sign me up.   :)

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #3 on: 30 Jan 2008, 03:26 pm »
Sure I would like to try them. They look good.

I have the following cables for comparison:

Blacksand silver ref V
Bolder Nitro
Verastarr Silver Ref
Signal Cable Magic power

My 2 channel rig is linked on my signature below.

ger546

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 30 Jan 2008, 07:37 pm »

PM sent,  Thanks

Ger

Eugene

« Reply #5 on: 30 Jan 2008, 07:52 pm »
Hi,

The construction of this cable looks very interesting and promising. I want to buy one and try it out in my system in which I use siltech pc. Can you please give me the brandname and where it can be bought?

Thanks.

Eugene

DeanSheen

« Reply #6 on: 30 Jan 2008, 07:58 pm »
are these nanotech power cables? 

Sounds really similar to these:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=50306.0

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 30 Jan 2008, 10:34 pm »
Holy, thanks for everyone's interest, I wasn't expect this much response this quick.  :oops:  For those who wish to enter, you'd have to let me know about your audio setup and what power cable (if you want to let me know what other cable you have, even better). I'll look into the profile and stuff for the setup info if it is not posted here, but if I can't find it, I won't be able to put your entry into consideration.

I must remind everyone that I only have one set (one silver plate/one copper) to give away for review, but after sending out the review sample, the shipment for the cable should arrive soon, then I'll be able to put it up for sale right away. ;)

Most variation of the cable will be priced below $100 USD (except the 2M/silver plated one might just edge over the $100 mark by a hair), and  they are made and assembled here in Taiwan.

To DeanSheen
The Nanotech cable seems to be "coated" with gold and silver particles, this cable's strand is alloyed with about 0.1% of gold or silver, and either plated with silver or just bare.

To Eugene
I'll have them up for sale in Audiogon in about 1~2 weeks.
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2008, 12:25 am by Zyca »

tonyptony

« Reply #8 on: 31 Jan 2008, 12:03 am »
Zyca, the price sounds very encouraging. Hope some of the others here have a chance to compare it against the big boys already listed. Would love to see a great PC for a decent price.

TONEPUB

« Reply #9 on: 31 Jan 2008, 02:12 am »
Happy to give you guys a full review....

I've got cardas, running springs, shunyata, furutech
essential sound products, DH Labs and Audience here
from 100 bucks to about 3 grand.

Just let me know

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #10 on: 31 Jan 2008, 02:16 am »
Okay, here's a list of people who emailed me to apply for review of the power cable, I'll post their equipment here without their name, just an alphabetic label for each person (incase they don't want to show their name here. :P)

Mr.A
MBL 1531 CD Player
Michell Engineering Gyro SE
Valve Amplification Company Renaissance Signature MKII Tube preamp
Valve Amplification Company Phi 300.1 Tube amp
Custom CLS-9
Gabriel Gold Revelation Interconnect
KCI Silkworm
Purist Audio Venustas Speaker cable
Purist Audio Dominus Ferox Power cord
DCCA The Source Power cord
Black Sand Silver Reference MkV Power cord
DCCA Reference One Power cord
DCCA Reference Master Power cord

Mr.B & his friend D  (you know who you are. ;) )
  Cable:
Several VH audio PCs
MAC source PCs
A specially sourced PC for a new generation ICE powered amp
Palladium IC's w/Eichmann silver plugs through out
Solid silver speaker cables.
  Equipment list:
Jolida tube stage 100A CDP, heavily modded
TAD 150 tube stage preamp, sig version
D-Sonic 525wpc, dual mono ICE powered amp

If you have emailed me/PMed me and did not have your stuff posted in this message, it means that the info you provided is not complete (I'd like to know the equipment and the cable used.).  I feel it is fair to everyone who applied for the review sample to see why one of them was selected to receive the review sample.

:green:

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #11 on: 4 Feb 2008, 09:25 pm »
A bit of update, due to Chinese New year, the sample was delayed a bit and should arrive here in a day or two.  I'll photograph it and post it up here ASAP.

The reviewer will be chosen and the cable will be sent out by next week. ;)

Thanks for the patience. ;)

Zyca

• Industry Participant
Re: Interesting new power cable, photos~~ updated!!
« Reply #12 on: 7 Feb 2008, 07:06 am »
Updated with new photos, please check first post for the photos, thanks.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #13 on: 7 Feb 2008, 01:08 pm »
Looks like I didn't make the cut.  I didn't PM or e-mail you.  I just responded in this thread.  Oh, well....

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #14 on: 7 Feb 2008, 03:37 pm »
Looks like I didn't make the cut.  I didn't PM or e-mail you.  I just responded in this thread.  Oh, well....

Actually, I have not filter out anyone or picked anyone yet.  I only post those two setup there because they were PMed/Emailed to me.  Anyone who posted here is still in, but do note that I can only pick one reviewer out due to the fact that I only have one set of review samples to give away to fellow "AudioCirclers" ;).

Anyways, Happy Chinese New Year everyone.  I'm testing the performance of the copper VS silver plate at the moment, just to make sure that it is going to be as good as we think it will be. ;)

seadogs1

« Reply #15 on: 7 Feb 2008, 05:05 pm »
So what is the projected price?

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #16 on: 8 Feb 2008, 02:56 am »
So what is the projected price?

The current projected price is:

Copper/unplated:
1.5M/5ft   = USD $65
2.0M/6.5ft = USD $80

Copper+Heavy Silver plating:
1.5m/5ft   = USD $95
2.0m/6.5ft = USD $110

For all who are interested in silver plated versions, silver WILL OXIDIZE and turn rather ugly looking in time (a weird tint of brownish-black).  However, oxidized silver is still a good conductor and it is of no concern to leave it there.  If you do not like the appearance of oxidized silver, then it would be best to choose something else like unplated copper.

Shipping from Taiwan to North America/Europe should be about $30~35 via EMS express (about 3~5 days)

One thing to note that these cables use plugs that were modeled after hospital grade stuff, thus it will be VERY stiff when trying to plug it into wall socket or your equiptments.  I'll post a few photos of both correct and incorrect setup.

Thanks.

mjosef

« Reply #17 on: 8 Feb 2008, 04:05 am »
I will take one of each(1.5m)... aa
Happy New Year!

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #18 on: 8 Feb 2008, 05:41 pm »
Here's some public service info, this should apply to most connectors that follows IEC rule (especially those big honking ones):

This shows an IEC plug not correctly inserted into the socket, there's still a bit of distance to go.

This shows an IEC plug fully inserted into the socket, it is perfectly normal to have about 3mm of "leftover" on the outside, anything more than that means that it is not fully inserted.

IEC connectors not fully inserted can cause the contact to arc and potentially damage your equipment/power connectors.

If you have plugs like ones showing above, and you had a bit of a hard time when inserting them, it would now be a good time to double check if they are securely seated like it is shown above.

;)

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #19 on: 10 Feb 2008, 06:28 pm »
After some serious thinking, I feel that "Mr.B" (as mentioned in the message above) will be the reviewer of the power cable kit.  My reason is that not only does he have a wide range of cables and equiptments, but he also have quite a few easily available power cable on hand to compare the review sample to.

I will say this is quite a tough choice, as basically everyone who applied are all quite qualified on the equipment and cable side.

I have also finished the testing on the cable myself, at least the first test anyways.  The silver plated version provided a slightly brighter sound with better imaging, focus and sound stage.  While the all copper/non-plated version provided a mellower sound with better decay.  I'd say the silver plating added about an overall score of 20% over the copper one. (if we consider copper as being 100%)

It was tested on my Sony CDP-X5000 acting as a transport.  I was trying to get PS3 to work well as a transport, but it seems that the old X5000 still eat PS3 like snacks when in comes to Red Book CD audio.

Both cable were kept "hot" while the other is being tested (by using PS3 and running folding@home), the difference was quite reveling as soon as it is on.  The amp, DAC, pre, transport and other components had been on for about three days to make sure they are all properly warmed up.  (well, I didn't had the time in the first couple days, that is why I got suck absurdly long warm up time. :)  )