American Idol

mcullinan

Re: American Idol
« Reply #80 on: 2 Apr 2008, 07:19 pm »
Maybe the guys should just drop trou in front of Paula and let her inspect their man-ballz. She is so worthless anyways, this might give her an opportunity to say something besides your trou area is so beautiful, it wafts of the essence o cheese, and you are really connecting to my forhead since your ballz are stuck on it.
A thought.
Mike

giantsteps

« Reply #81 on: 3 Apr 2008, 02:10 am »
 Well....as the competition gets tougher I confess I get a little teary-eyed as I sympathize with those who have to leave. :( Good luck Ramiele.

Frank

Bigfish

« Reply #82 on: 3 Apr 2008, 02:22 am »
Well....as the competition gets tougher I confess I get a little teary-eyed as I sympathize with those who have to leave. :( Good luck Ramiele.

Frank

Frank:

I agree with you and maybe it is part of what makes this show so very special.  I also agree with America's vote on the bottom three tonight. It appears that the girls are in for a tough ride this year!

Ken

reflex

• Look & Listen Mobile, Alabama
« Reply #83 on: 3 Apr 2008, 03:35 am »
I think in all the years I've watched Idol, this is the first time I've really felt bad for someone who got voted off.   Ramiele seems like a sweet girl and was certainly upset to leave.  Hope she can get some kind of career going after she's done with AI.

PhilNYC

« Reply #84 on: 3 Apr 2008, 01:30 pm »
Sorry to see Ramiele go, but it wasn't really a shocker.  Of all the contestants, she seemed to be the one with the least actual performing experience, so huge kudos to her for getting this far.  As part of the top 10, she will be part of the AI live tour, so she'll get some experience that way.  And yes, she does seem like a sweet person...she must be, because even Simon seemed to pull his punches in his critiques of her performances...

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #85 on: 3 Apr 2008, 03:33 pm »
I think in all the years I've watched Idol, this is the first time I've really felt bad for someone who got voted off.   Ramiele seems like a sweet girl and was certainly upset to leave.  Hope she can get some kind of career going after she's done with AI.
Ditto. She's got a lot of talent in my book. I'd have rather seen David A, or the dreadlock guy get the axe instead of her.  :(

Bob

giantsteps

« Reply #86 on: 10 Apr 2008, 12:38 am »

Once again thank you Syesha and yes, tonight, thank you David Cook. Kristy, you're a visual delight and you have a pretty voice....in the right hands you can be a success.

Frank

I missed AI last night but I heard that you, Kristy, impressed the judges and showed your true potential. Good job. American Idol has to be re-formatted to allow the contestants more freedom to sing whatever the hell they want.  :duh:

Frank
« Last Edit: 10 Apr 2008, 02:27 am by giantsteps »

Bigfish

« Reply #87 on: 10 Apr 2008, 01:37 am »
I watched the show last night and when it ended voted at least 30 times for David Cook.  I probably would not have voted as often had the judges liked the song as much as I did.  My projection is that the Irish Girl will get the axe tomorrow night.

Ken

giantsteps

« Reply #88 on: 10 Apr 2008, 02:22 am »

Tonight Mariah Carey and the song "Fly like a bird".....sensational!
 Good show, great cause.

Frank

John Casler

« Reply #89 on: 10 Apr 2008, 03:38 pm »

I missed AI last night but I heard that you, Kristy, impressed the judges and showed your true potential. Good job. American Idol has to be re-formatted to allow the contestants more freedom to sing whatever the hell they want.  :duh:

Frank

I missed it too.  Found the Kristy Lee Cook performance on youtube (below) looks like she DID reach a little higher.

I still think she has more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljnOF16W2is

kbuzz3

« Reply #90 on: 10 Apr 2008, 06:30 pm »
KLC- Come on admit, nobody really cares about her voice because she is the only one worth looking at....heck get real, it's  a superficial cheeseball thing anyway....  might as well concentrate on superficial things anyway.....

oh wait...fergie in the julie newmarcatwomen suit.....now thats talent... and you dont even need to put the sound on

PS i thought mariah put in a weak performance...she sang against the choir, her timing was off, and the voice sounded thin....

OTHO, nice halter....

giantsteps

« Reply #91 on: 11 Apr 2008, 12:12 am »
KLC- Come on admit, nobody really cares about her voice because she is the only one worth looking at....heck get real, it's  a superficial cheeseball thing anyway....  might as well concentrate on superficial things anyway.....

oh wait...fergie in the julie newmarcatwomen suit.....now thats talent... and you dont even need to put the sound on

PS i thought mariah put in a weak performance...she sang against the choir, her timing was off, and the voice sounded thin....

OTHO, nice halter....

Well.....I care about KLC's voice and that's all that really matters. And I wouldn't mind her dropping by and blowing MY socks off either. 

Frank

giantsteps

« Reply #92 on: 11 Apr 2008, 12:24 am »

Syesha
 The problem with you is that you seem somewhat aloof/distant. Therefore you are not connecting with the audience.

Frank

reflex

• Look & Listen Mobile, Alabama
« Reply #93 on: 11 Apr 2008, 01:06 am »

Syesha
 The problem with you is that you seem somewhat aloof/distant. Therefore you are not connecting with the audience.

Frank

And choosing songs that have been done by vocalists who you really can't sing as well as....  As much as I like her singing, and think she's an absolute doll, she needs to have someone tell her to choose a great song done by a vocalist she will outsing.  Then she won't get the comments from the judges that she gets about falling short of the original artist.

giantsteps

« Reply #94 on: 11 Apr 2008, 01:32 am »

As with AJZEPP It's one of my guilty pleasures. But tonight.......well......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I just put on some Miles and I'm back to my safe haven ( Roland RD700SX). It will never happen because the audience needs identification but I would like to hear these kids sing little known but great songs and exersize "vocalise". I thought the performers in general sucked tonight.

Frank

I refer to my comments made on page one and I believe most who follow AI with enthusiasm will agree with me...that " it will never happen because the audience needs identification but I would like to hear these kids sing little known but great songs and exersize "vocalise". In other words avoid singing a song which was a big time hit w/ an artist "who made it their own"....comparisons will be unavoidable.

Frank

giantsteps

« Reply #95 on: 11 Apr 2008, 02:07 am »

Syesha

Frank

And choosing songs that have been done by vocalists who you really can't sing as well as....  As much as I like her singing, and think she's an absolute doll, she needs to have someone tell her to choose a great song done by a vocalist she will outsing.  Then she won't get the comments from the judges that she gets about falling short of the original artist.

You're absolutely right.

Frank

John Casler

« Reply #96 on: 11 Apr 2008, 06:29 am »
Wow!! :o

Michael was voted (or not voted for) off.

How can Jason, be left and Michael be voted off?

I thought he was top 5 material, but I missed Tues.  Did he suck Tues?

Bigfish

« Reply #97 on: 11 Apr 2008, 11:22 am »
Wow!! :o

Michael was voted (or not voted for) off.

How can Jason, be left and Michael be voted off?

I thought he was top 5 material, but I missed Tues.  Did he suck Tues?

John:

The judges did not like his song choice on Tuesday Night (except Paula).  Based purely on his performance Michael did not deserve to be voted off but unfortunately American Idol is also about who is most poplar.  Like you, I thought Michael was one of the top 5.

Ken

PhilNYC

« Reply #98 on: 11 Apr 2008, 11:41 am »
I liked Michael Johns, but I think (as the judges have alluded to) that he we be much better as the front-man for a rock band than as a solo vocalist.

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #99 on: 11 Apr 2008, 12:22 pm »
After the first week Michael Johns was my favorite contestant.  Since he has tried to sing a Freddie Mercury song and then a Steven Tyler song.  Each time I was left wanting so much more.  I agree with others that Syesha has struggled to sing like the big voices she has been trying emulate but I felt that Michael Johns fell way short of the stars he was trying to emulate.  I could be the only here thinking this, anyone else?