American Idol

gitarretyp

Re: American Idol
« Reply #200 on: 7 May 2008, 03:56 pm »
David Cook - The only performer left that really interests me musically. He's the only one i see making consistent emotional contact with the music he sings.

Syesha - I see a lot of potential with her, and she's been improving week to week. She has not deserved to be in the bottom.

Jason - Terrible. He's had a few decent/good performances, but he should have gone long ago. Doesn't seem to care about his performances or connect with the music.

David A. - Excellent control over his voice, but i think he's a terrible musician. Everything he sings sounds the same --like easy listening garbage. I also rarely feel any emotional connection to the music he sings. To me, he seems like a robot --nearly faultless singing ability with no emotion.

Matt__P

« Reply #201 on: 7 May 2008, 04:52 pm »
David Cook - The only performer left that really interests me musically. He's the only one i see making consistent emotional contact with the music he sings.

Syesha - I see a lot of potential with her, and she's been improving week to week. She has not deserved to be in the bottom.

Jason - Terrible. He's had a few decent/good performances, but he should have gone long ago. Doesn't seem to care about his performances or connect with the music.

David A. - Excellent control over his voice, but i think he's a terrible musician. Everything he sings sounds the same --like easy listening garbage. I also rarely feel any emotional connection to the music
he sings. To me, he seems like a robot --nearly faultless singing ability with no emotion.

I agree with this 100%.. I also think Syesha will be asked to pose in Playboy. Shes got a great voice and an even better body.

giantsteps

« Reply #202 on: 7 May 2008, 08:29 pm »

Thanks again Syesha. 8)

Frank

reflex

• Look & Listen Mobile, Alabama
« Reply #203 on: 8 May 2008, 01:57 am »
Sweet....justice for all of us who love the better singer/performer....and who love the beautiful Syesha...

:D

Bigfish

« Reply #204 on: 8 May 2008, 01:58 am »
America got it right!  Goodbye Jason!

Ken

giantsteps

« Reply #205 on: 8 May 2008, 02:00 am »

Whew! It's amazing he lasted so long.

Frank

pearsall001

• AAD 2001 monitor
« Reply #206 on: 8 May 2008, 02:38 am »
Man, at least now I can go back to eating a snack while watching the show. I just kept thinking that critters would be jumping out of his filthy looking hair & it grossed me out.

Bad hair, so-so talent...how'd he last so long? I think Syeshia has an excellent shot at the title.

rabpaul

« Reply #207 on: 8 May 2008, 08:08 am »
Expecting a two David final. Syesha is just not in the same class as the Davids.
Which of the two Davids will win?
America will need to decide if they want another rocker.
I will say that David A will win if he sings a rock song in the finals.

PhilNYC

« Reply #208 on: 8 May 2008, 09:45 am »
I think Syesha is more talented than David A, but David A has the teenie-bopper appeal that will get him more votes.  I actually think that if David A sings a rock song, he'll butcher it...

Btw - props to Bo Bice...thought he really sounded like a pro...might even pick up his new album... 8)

giantsteps

« Reply #209 on: 8 May 2008, 05:02 pm »
I think Syesha is more talented than David A, but David A has the teenie-bopper appeal that will get him more votes.  I actually think that if David A sings a rock song, he'll butcher it...

Btw - props to Bo Bice...thought he really sounded like a pro...might even pick up his new album... 8)

Bo Bice and Maroon 5 rocked last night. Not my usual cup of tea but I was impressed and my foot was tapping. :dance:

Frank

giantsteps

« Reply #210 on: 13 May 2008, 09:13 pm »

I doubt that David A will come up with an astounding performance tonight and make me change my mind. :o For my taste he's the least appealing of the 3 remaining contestants. But........... :roll:

Frank

giantsteps

« Reply #211 on: 14 May 2008, 12:53 am »

Hey judges...did you hear Syesha's last, 5 choice notes on "Fever". I think not. It's a musician thing.

Anyway....once again....

Thank you Syesha

Frank

reflex

« Reply #212 on: 14 May 2008, 12:55 am »
Syesha doesn't need to win, and would probably be better off not...  The woman is just STUNNING looking and sings like an angel...

Her career is set...

reflex

« Reply #213 on: 14 May 2008, 01:05 pm »
Boney James released a single on Concord yesterday with Syesha on vocals...  He seems to think she's great.  It was recorded before her contract was signed.

Like I said, she doesn't need to win AI...

mcullinan

« Reply #214 on: 14 May 2008, 01:19 pm »
If you take away Syeshas looks, her voice is just average. Yes her body is kickin, and I would like to give it a 360 degree lickdown, but this aint American Lickdown. Lets not get our pps and objectiveness mixed up please!

Anyways I think the rocker dude has a good voice, and on some songs last night he sounded great, some just ok. Hes my choice.
Mike

PhilNYC

« Reply #215 on: 14 May 2008, 01:33 pm »
I thought Syesha was perfect on the Alysha Keys tune...much more appropriate for her skill and style than the Whitney/Celine/Mariah songs she was doing earlier in the season.  Also, I liked her take on "Fever", which definitely shows that she's got more theater skill than pop.  The last song was a disaster for her, and I think the producers really did a disservice to her chances of winning by giving her that song to sing.

David A sounds the same on every song again!  And his vocal range is very limited...I keep expecting him to take the tunes up an octave at some points, but he never seems able to do it.  And he butchered the up-tempo song.

David C definitely won the night.  He *does* take his vocals across a big range, sometimes hitting high notes that I didn't think he could hit with any kind of authority.  Musically the most unique on the show.  He'll find success after AI even if he doesn't win (and I think he deserves to win)...

John Casler

« Reply #216 on: 14 May 2008, 04:59 pm »
I agree with most of whats been said.

David A, sounds the same, which is good, but still the same on each song.

David Cook actually does too, but he has more range, and creativity.

Syesha does not have the voice of a Whitney or Celine, but as a total package, she gets a lot closer.  And I don't think anyone can deny that she certainly wins "most improved".  Her stage presence, poise, confidence, body language, connection to the camera and audience, is MILES beyond where she was.

She also makes Whitney and Celine look like BOYS!!

Maybe her vocal skills can improve with the right coaching, but she is not "just average".(IMHO)  She'll certainly be voted off tonight because of her fan base and appeal to the young female boppers.

Archuletta will likely win, because he "has" that fan base, and Cook is likely to be the next Daughtry.

I think in the end on a personal level any of the top three could be deserving winners.

The question is: Who's album would you buy?  if any of them, and in what order?

For me it would be:

David Cook #1
Syesha #2 (but close)
David Archuletta #3 (maybe)

Bigfish

« Reply #217 on: 14 May 2008, 08:56 pm »
I agree with most of whats been said.

David A, sounds the same, which is good, but still the same on each song.

David Cook actually does too, but he has more range, and creativity.

Syesha does not have the voice of a Whitney or Celine, but as a total package, she gets a lot closer.  And I don't think anyone can deny that she certainly wins "most improved".  Her stage presence, poise, confidence, body language, connection to the camera and audience, is MILES beyond where she was.

The question is: Who's album would you buy?  if any of them, and in what order?

For me it would be:

David Cook #1
Syesha #2 (but close)
David Archuletta #3 (maybe)

As many are aware I am a strong supporter for David Cook and my preference for him is based on the fact that I would buy his music.  If Cook gets voted off tonight it will not be because I did not vote for him. 

I think Syesha is the most improved artist and David Archuletta is at pretty much the same level as he was when Idol started this year.  My guess is David A. will win and David Cook will turn out to be a huge success!

Ken

Vinyl-Addict

• Groovetracer - Products for Rega turntables.
« Reply #218 on: 14 May 2008, 09:35 pm »
The only way D.Cook can achieve longterm success from his A.I. experience would be too rid himself of the "Nickelback" impersonation. It drives me crazy when he goes into Nickelback karaoke mode. I think he's too smug, as Simon once said, and thinks he's better than he really is. The only person with any real originality is Syesha, at least she can put on a show. The other 2 have NO stage presence whatsoever.

reflex

« Reply #219 on: 14 May 2008, 09:36 pm »
Go to www.boneyjames.com and listen to Syesha's vocal work on the track...to me it shows she can have a singing career alot more than what we've heard on AI.