giantsteps

Re: American Idol
« Reply #241 on: 21 May 2008, 12:35 am »

David A also had pitch problems but he's Randy's darling so..... :dunno:

Frank

Bigfish

« Reply #242 on: 21 May 2008, 12:36 am »
I disagree with Simon..I thought round one went to Cook.  Arch sang OK, but stayed in the same octave.  He has NO range at all.

David A sings one ballard song after another - same old, same old over and over again!

Ken

giantsteps

« Reply #243 on: 21 May 2008, 12:39 am »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......... ............................

Frank

giantsteps

« Reply #244 on: 21 May 2008, 12:53 am »

Get on that phone Bigfish.  :thumb:

Frank

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #245 on: 21 May 2008, 01:06 am »

giantsteps

« Reply #246 on: 21 May 2008, 01:11 am »

Bigfish

« Reply #247 on: 21 May 2008, 01:14 am »

Get on that phone Bigfish.  :thumb:

Frank

Frank,

The darn thing is too busy to let me get a vote in!

Ken

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
« Reply #248 on: 21 May 2008, 02:27 am »
Thats right, I'm blocking all the phone lines voting for David A. :lol: :nono:

John Casler

« Reply #249 on: 21 May 2008, 04:10 am »
I am and have been a BIG David Cook fan :notworthy:. . . . . .  but,

Archletta showed stuff tonite he hasn't shown all season.

He will be THE NEXT AMERICAN IDOL 2008.

If Cook would have killed, he "might" have had a chance, but he didn't. (crap!!)

Although I am sure it really won't affect the career of COOK, since he will be doing the Daughtry thing soon enough.

He is probably working on the "second" album already :thumb:

PhilNYC

« Reply #250 on: 21 May 2008, 01:43 pm »
I agree that David A showed some range that he had not previously shown.  Still, I didn't find those moments to be enough to make me think that his album would be very interesting...

David C did not perform at the standards he previously set with Billie Jean, Eleanor Rigby, or Hello, but still I thought he performed like a pro and was ultimately more interesting than David A.

David A will likely win this competition, but I think David C will have the more successful music career...

Bigfish

« Reply #251 on: 21 May 2008, 07:18 pm »
I agree that David A showed some range that he had not previously shown.  Still, I didn't find those moments to be enough to make me think that his album would be very interesting...

David C did not perform at the standards he previously set with Billie Jean, Eleanor Rigby, or Hello, but still I thought he performed like a pro and was ultimately more interesting than David A.

David A will likely win this competition, but I think David C will have the more successful music career...

My wife and I watched the show last night and she commented to me how impressive David A's voice is especially considering he is only 17.  When the AI Season began I actually thought David A was the most talented contestant but I tired of the same old type of songs week after week.  As stated in previous posts I started voting for David C because I would buy his album(s) just as I have purchased Daughtry. 

I was disappointed last night in the subpar effort delivered by David C (although I still voted for him many times - I will be true to the end).  While watching the performance I had the feeling he was conceding and I am reasonably certain David A will be the champ. 

Looking back at this season I really enjoyed it (except for the darn commercials).  I wonder if they will elect to keep Paula next year as she really adds nothing but her looks to the program!

Ken

klh

« Reply #252 on: 21 May 2008, 07:51 pm »
I fully agree. The broadcasting companies are all about money; they won't change a thing (including judges) as long as the ratings are high and corporate sponsors aren't making demands.

mcullinan

« Reply #253 on: 21 May 2008, 08:20 pm »
I hope both Davids are caught in a gay love tryst and dopey Seacrest has to announce their disqualification and perform the gay act via a mime routine.
Me, angry? Never.
Mike  :D :D :D :D

giantsteps

« Reply #254 on: 22 May 2008, 01:19 am »

I have mixed reactions to the clip of poor contestants. One should not make fun of some individuals who IMO seemed to be handicapped.

Frank

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #255 on: 22 May 2008, 02:00 am »
Wow!

giantsteps

« Reply #256 on: 22 May 2008, 02:05 am »

Holy crap!!!!! Our man won!!! By 12 million votes!!!!!  :dance:  :beer: :hyper: :dance:

Frank

Bigfish

« Reply #257 on: 22 May 2008, 02:15 am »

Holy crap!!!!! Our man won!!! By 12 million votes!!!!!  :dance:  :beer: :hyper: :dance:

Frank

Frank:

I am still in shock!  I voted last night for two solid hours as fast as the phone would answer and register my vote.  David Cook will be a commercially successful American Idol winner as has been Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson! 

I still cannot believe David C won by 12 million votes!

Ken

giantsteps

« Reply #258 on: 22 May 2008, 02:19 am »

Frank

Frank:

I am still in shock!  I voted last night for two solid hours as fast as the phone would answer and register my vote.  David Cook will be a commercially successful American Idol winner as has been Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson! 

I still cannot believe David C won by 12 million votes!

Ken

Your votes made a difference!!  :bowdown: :beer:

Frank

zacster

« Reply #259 on: 22 May 2008, 02:36 am »
I'm pretty amazed that he won.  He was clearly the more interesting of the two, and had a much better range.  I could see my 11 year old daughters liking David A, but even they got bored with him and voted for Cook.  I would buy David C's album, but I'm sure my kids will beat me to it.

Another year went by on AI without a mention of Taylor Who?