American Idol

John Casler

Re: American Idol
« Reply #220 on: 14 May 2008, 09:49 pm »
Go to www.boneyjames.com and listen to Syesha's vocal work on the track...to me it shows she can have a singing career alot more than what we've heard on AI.

Took a listen :o :o :o

Yes, this is very commercial (even to audiophiles in that the production value seems quite high)

Never heard of Boney James before, but this sample certainly bodes well for Syesha and Bony's quality of sound.

And you don't even get to "see" her.

John Casler

« Reply #221 on: 14 May 2008, 09:56 pm »
The only way D.Cook can achieve longterm success from his A.I. experience would be too rid himself of the "Nickelback" impersonation. It drives me crazy when he goes into Nickelback karaoke mode. I think he's too smug, as Simon once said, and thinks he's better than he really is. The only person with any real originality is Syesha, at least she can put on a show. The other 2 have NO stage presence whatsoever.

I was trying to think of who Cook's demeanor and head/facial and eye movements reminded me of and funny you say Nickelback.

The other night "right after" Idol there was some "news bite" about Prince (or whatever incarnation of former or present artist), and it was a head shot and bingo, it was Cook's exact stage scan exactly, and Prince had the guitar too.

Now, I'll have to catch some video of Nickelback to see it this animation is catching, copied or transmitted in any other way :lol: :lol: :lol: since there is plenty of ground between Prince and Nickelback.

PhilNYC

« Reply #222 on: 14 May 2008, 10:05 pm »
The only person with any real originality is Syesha, at least she can put on a show. The other 2 have NO stage presence whatsoever.

Wow...I don't think Syesha has originality at all.  "Classic", yes..."original", no...

David Cook is "original" to a mainstream audience...perhaps less-so to a less mainstream audience.  And I think his stage presence is very good.  David A, I agree, has very little stage presence...

Bigfish

« Reply #223 on: 15 May 2008, 01:58 am »
I agree with most of whats been said.

David A, sounds the same, which is good, but still the same on each song.

David Cook actually does too, but he has more range, and creativity.

Syesha does not have the voice of a Whitney or Celine, but as a total package, she gets a lot closer.  And I don't think anyone can deny that she certainly wins "most improved".  Her stage presence, poise, confidence, body language, connection to the camera and audience, is MILES beyond where she was.

The question is: Who's album would you buy?  if any of them, and in what order?

For me it would be:

David Cook #1
Syesha #2 (but close)
David Archuletta #3 (maybe)

As many are aware I am a strong supporter for David Cook and my preference for him is based on the fact that I would buy his music.  If Cook gets voted off tonight it will not be because I did not vote for him. 

I think Syesha is the most improved artist and David Archuletta is at pretty much the same level as he was when Idol started this year.  My guess is David A. will win and David Cook will turn out to be a huge success!

Ken

I guess my 200+ votes for David C last night counted for something!

Ken

giantsteps

« Reply #224 on: 15 May 2008, 02:07 am »

Thanks again Syesha. You have the musicality to make a very comfortable living in this tough profession. Good luck!

Frank

Bigfish

« Reply #225 on: 15 May 2008, 02:09 am »

Thanks again Syesha. You have the musicality to make a very comfortable living in this tough profession. Good luck!

Frank

Frank:

She is beautiful, developed a lot of confidence on the show and I am certain we will hear a lot from her in the future.  She probably is slated to begin a new record deal tomorrow!

Ken

reflex

• Look & Listen Mobile, Alabama
« Reply #226 on: 15 May 2008, 12:08 pm »
I think she looked almost relieved that she didn't have to prepare for another week.  No doubt a record deal is on the horizon.

PhilNYC

« Reply #227 on: 15 May 2008, 12:40 pm »
I think she looked almost relieved that she didn't have to prepare for another week.  No doubt a record deal is on the horizon.

I think she was pretty much expecting it, because there has been so much consistent hype around the Davids.

And while I think she will put out an initial album, I do think she'll be offered something on Broadway the way that Jennifer Hudson went...

nodiak

« Reply #228 on: 15 May 2008, 05:24 pm »
Very impressed by the difficulties Syesha's family has overcome. Makes her keeping it together and being successful a great thing, and her (supposed "lack of") personality more understandable. I still liked her the best for vocal purity, range and control. Thought it was musical justice she made it to top 3. Just thinking but maybe her fathers troubles will help her avoid pitfalls of the industry...
David A - never realized the usa was 50% 6-18 yo girls  :lol: .
David C - the early times he found his song style niche were cool to me, but the classic mellow-builds-to-singing/yelling thing has run it's course imo. Hope he comes up with something new next week.
Demographics rules the vote, so the Davids it is. For me it was Syesha, Chikeezie and Ramiele that I enjoyed the most. Just like those vocal instruments.
Hey, zup with Fantasia - really taking it to the mainstream with a um non mainstream performance... 

mcullinan

« Reply #229 on: 15 May 2008, 05:30 pm »
Syeshas breasts seem to be veiling her voice for the better. Her voice is at best dull imo. I love the way she looks she is way hot with a tuned up suspension, and a botfriend who soon wont be her boyfriend. Im taken unfortunately, I know shed jump on the chance to date a creepy audiophile with no goals.
haha
Mike

Vinyl-Addict

• Groovetracer - Products for Rega turntables.
« Reply #230 on: 15 May 2008, 05:43 pm »
The only person with any real originality is Syesha, at least she can put on a show. The other 2 have NO stage presence whatsoever.

Wow...I don't think Syesha has originality at all.  "Classic", yes..."original", no...

David Cook is "original" to a mainstream audience...perhaps less-so to a less mainstream audience.  And I think his stage presence is very good.  David A, I agree, has very little stage presence...

You're right Phil. I shouldn't have used originality but in the grand scheme of A.I. contestants she does have a better way of engaging the audience (not her bodily assets :lol:)
I still think D.C. has no stage presence and is way overrated, nickelback impersonator at best. How can you say he's "original" to a mainstream audience, makes no sense to me.  :?

giantsteps

« Reply #231 on: 15 May 2008, 05:48 pm »
Syeshas breasts seem to be veiling her voice for the better. Her voice is at best dull imo. I love the way she looks she is way hot with a tuned up suspension, and a botfriend who soon wont be her boyfriend. Im taken unfortunately, I know shed jump on the chance to date a creepy audiophile with no goals.
haha
Mike

You could always lure her with a tambourine. 8)

Frank

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #232 on: 15 May 2008, 07:14 pm »
David A - never realized the usa was 50% 6-18 yo girls  :lol: .
Yea,...... 6-18 year old girls who didn't give him the time of day six months ago.  :rotflmao:
I'll venture to guess all the tough guys that kicked his ass in high school are envious of his popularity with 'the chicks' right about now too.  :lol:

Bob

mcullinan

« Reply #233 on: 15 May 2008, 07:36 pm »
Heres a voice that could be an idol winner..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4LnV0gC_X0

I suppose once they get Syesha in the Studio she could sound like this too...
Mike

mcullinan

« Reply #234 on: 15 May 2008, 07:36 pm »
haha
Mike

You could always lure her with a tambourine. 8)

Frank

LOL!! Though it has to be a tambourine shaped like a club so I can klonk her and take her back to my man cave..

reflex

• Look & Listen Mobile, Alabama
« Reply #235 on: 16 May 2008, 12:21 pm »

Mike

As much as I like Syesha, voice, body, smile, style...and all....she'll never sound like Lisa Lavie.  Great vocalist.

jackman

« Reply #236 on: 16 May 2008, 05:56 pm »
Her last two numbers needed a bit more cowbell.  I bit more cowbell and I would have voted! 

mcullinan

« Reply #237 on: 16 May 2008, 06:14 pm »
Her last two numbers needed a bit more cowbell.  I bit more cowbell and I would have voted! 
heheheeee
Mike

giantsteps

« Reply #238 on: 16 May 2008, 08:35 pm »

Mike

Lisa joins my list of hated female vocalists with over-dramatic affectations e.g. Patricia Barber. :evil: :cuss:

Frank

jackman

« Reply #239 on: 16 May 2008, 10:28 pm »

Mike

Lisa joins my list of hated female vocalists with over-dramatic affectations e.g. Patricia Barber. :evil: :cuss:

Frank

Hey Frankie Boy, I'm with you on this one.  She is irritating, IMO...however she seems to have something going on under that shirt...I might change my mind. aa