Emerald Physics CS2's at Zybar's

mcullinan

Re: Emerald Physics CS2's at Zybar's
« Reply #40 on: 29 Nov 2007, 03:10 pm »
I will be able to crank the thermostat in the room down to 50 and still be warm.

Last summer there was a period when I was burning in 8 EXtreme Hurricane mono blocs at one time. This was shortly after the flood and our central air unit was no good being under water for so long. Boy did it get 'warm' in here :icon_twisted:

So true.. My Supratek plus other equipment do their share to heat our living room in the winter. I just put my toes up to the Entertainment Center, almost like having a fireplace. hehe
Mike

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #41 on: 29 Nov 2007, 07:35 pm »
Sorry for not posting this in the right location.

George

Wind Chaser

« Reply #42 on: 29 Nov 2007, 08:53 pm »
Suddenly you have become an industrialist and advertiser all rolled into one.  All of that because you discovered some real cool speakers. :?

Perhaps we should say nothing about anything and thus avoid stereotypes?  Ah, but who would we be kidding?

mcullinan

« Reply #43 on: 29 Nov 2007, 09:30 pm »
Ok be upfront are you going to lie to my face... MF FACE mind you... I WILL SEEK U OUT AND CHOP off every single digit of your right hand. NOW tell me how the speakers sound. WHat What? Now they sound like Bose speakers.... ahh now we are getting somewhere... Now i will use the Chinese water torture method.. WHAT! og the sound like dookie on a hot summers day! Hmm.. at least I got to the bottom of this case of.... Mistaken Location (echo echo echo)...
Consumerman, defending consumers in his red tights everywhere!
Mike

BradJudy

« Reply #44 on: 29 Nov 2007, 10:11 pm »
I'm lost - why does George talking about his new pair of speakers belong in Industry Ads?

sunshinedawg

« Reply #45 on: 29 Nov 2007, 10:19 pm »
I'm lost - why does George talking about his new pair of speakers belong in Industry Ads?

He is a dealer for them now, look at his signature.

BradJudy

« Reply #46 on: 29 Nov 2007, 10:23 pm »
He is a dealer for them now, look at his signature.

Gotcha.  Much like banner ads, I've trained myself to completely ignore forum signatures and didn't notice.  Thanks.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #47 on: 29 Nov 2007, 10:37 pm »
Ok be upfront are you going to lie to my face... MF FACE mind you... I WILL SEEK U OUT AND CHOP off every single digit of your right hand. NOW tell me how the speakers sound. WHat What? Now they sound like Bose speakers.... ahh now we are getting somewhere... Now i will use the Chinese water torture method.. WHAT! og the sound like dookie on a hot summers day! Hmm.. at least I got to the bottom of this case of.... Mistaken Location (echo echo echo)...
Mike

Mike,

I will continue to give my honest opinion and not become a shill.

That work for you?   :wink:

George

mcullinan

« Reply #48 on: 29 Nov 2007, 11:36 pm »
Mike

Mike,

I will continue to give my honest opinion and not become a shill.

That work for you?   :wink:

George
yeah I was only kidding around,,, :)

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #49 on: 29 Nov 2007, 11:38 pm »

yeah I was only kidding around,,, :)

I was hoping that was the case... aa

George

Woodsea

« Reply #50 on: 29 Nov 2007, 11:50 pm »
SongTowers vs CS2 what's the verdict?  Honest opinion?
WAF factor and Room placement as well.
Hate to be direct, well no, I am not.

Thanks

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #51 on: 29 Nov 2007, 11:54 pm »

Thanks

Boy, nothing like putting me on the spot!

I will answer that over the weekend when I have time to write something more than a quick response.

George

MaxCast

« Reply #52 on: 30 Nov 2007, 01:35 am »

Wind Chaser

« Reply #53 on: 30 Nov 2007, 01:47 am »

Is there some place else you'd rather be?

With the anticipation building on these things the pressure increases for a very thorough and utmost honest review.  We want to know how these speakers fair to everything you are intimately familiar with. 

The destiny of many decisions is in your hands…

John

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #54 on: 30 Nov 2007, 02:03 am »

With the anticipation building on these things the pressure increases for a very thorough and utmost honest review.  We want to know how these speakers fair to everything you are intimately familiar with. 

John

John,

An honest review is all I would ever write.

When the time comes, you will know what I like and don't like.  The most obvious comparison will be to my reference speakers (Vandy 5A's), but I will also try to use some other speakers for comparison sake as well.

I think you will also start to see some reviews and comments coming from the people who have bought the CS2's.  I know that my customer's will be receiving their speakers in the next few weeks and I am sure that they won't be shy.

George

TomS

« Reply #55 on: 30 Nov 2007, 02:04 am »

John

Just keep in mind that includes Vandy 5a's that are nudging $20k in nicer finishes these days.  The CS2's are $3k including the DCX.  They're very good, but they might not cook you breakfast or leap tall buildings in a single bound either.  The relatively low price of admission leaves a lot of room for other equipment options and tuning.  It will probably take some time to find out just what all these are really capable of.  A fun ride for sure, that is within reach of a fairly wide audience (unlike a world class 15-20k speaker, even bought used).  Tom

GregC

« Reply #56 on: 30 Nov 2007, 03:34 am »

Thanks

I heard the Songtowers and the CS2 speakers both at the RMAF show and based on what I heard I liked the CS2's not only better than the Songtowers, but better than the HT3's as well.  The HT3's were some very nice looking speakers and were some of my favorite speakers I heard at the show that were cabinet-based, but the dynamics, flat curve, and open baffle bass of the CS2 speakers sounded the best to me and I decided to buy them. 

I sure hope I am happy once I have the CS2 speakers in my own system and I have got them optimally placed and have some hours on them.  If I decide to go back to a cabinet based speaker the HT3 speakers would be on my short list of speakers I would consider in my system.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #57 on: 30 Nov 2007, 03:54 am »
At the same price point, I'd like to know how GR Research and SP Technology compare??

jackthecat

« Reply #58 on: 30 Nov 2007, 08:38 am »
Hate to get too serious here for a second but it seems months since people were buying the CS2's by the dozen and yet we have still not heard a thing from anyone that might have bought them and it seems not a word from Clayton again other than the hello he said in the forum as the hype built up. Forgive me if I am wrong but it just concerns me a little. The hype. Maybe I am too much interested in their verdict   :duh: Would love to hear more of what people are driving them with and their setups. Once again my apologies for getting too serious !  :wink:!

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #59 on: 30 Nov 2007, 12:06 pm »
Hate to get too serious here for a second but it seems months since people were buying the CS2's by the dozen and yet we have still not heard a thing from anyone that might have bought them and it seems not a word from Clayton again other than the hello he said in the forum as the hype built up. Forgive me if I am wrong but it just concerns me a little. The hype. Maybe I am too much interested in their verdict   :duh: Would love to hear more of what people are driving them with and their setups. Once again my apologies for getting too serious !  :wink:!

Jackthecat,

Right now Clayton is concentrating on filling the large number of orders that were taken at and right after RMAF as well as building out his dealer network.  For the immediate future, he just isn't going to have a lot of cycles to post here on AC.  However, he has multiple dealers who are active participants here at AC (with me buying one of them) who will be happy to answer questions and provide information.

As for getting speakers into people's hands...

The majority of the orders that have shipped to this point have gone to either dealers or customers who don't spend any significant time on the internet.  As I said in one of my posts above, I know that three of my customers who post here on AC will be getting their speakers in the next few weeks.  I am sure they will post their thoughts and compare and contrast the CS2's with their current speakers.

While it isn't any comfort, it has been less than two months since RMAF ended and the reality is that it simply takes time to get things produced.  Going forward, Clayton has already increased production capacity and there will be shorter delivery times. 

Hopefully that answers your questions.

George