FS: SP Technology Revelation MR-1 MKII - **** SALE PENDING TO ROD****

Freejazz

**** SALE PENDING TO ROD****

THANKS ALL!

Here is the listing for my SP Technology Revelation MR-1 MKIIs in the Studio Finish.

They have the Sonic Caps, Cardas Posts and wiring.  As noted, Bob will provide a full five-year warranty and offer a special $400 upgrade price to the new basis Mundorff internal crossover.  Multiple other crossover and cable upgrades are available.  As amazing as these currently sound, I can only imagine what the upgrades must accomplish

As noted, local pick-up in in Manhattan is ideal or I would suggest a blanket shipper, as the original boxes no longer exist.

The full ad is at Audiogon:

http://ads.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?spkrfull&1190769913

I can only say, these are simply incredible loudspeakers.

I will be selling my remaining equipment on Audiogon and try keep things updated as much as possible.

I may be slightly delayed in responding to inquiries, but if you call or e-mail, I will be back to you as quickly as I am able.

Thanks!

Scott

**** SALE PENDING TO ROD****
« Last Edit: 2 Aug 2007, 11:35 pm by Freejazz »

Double Ugly

It breaks my heart to see this, Scott.  Your public posts and comments made during our off-line conversations made it all-too-clear how much you love these speakers.  The good news is you've beaten the beast before, and I've no doubt it's destined for defeat again.

I hope you got the voicemail I left a few days ago.  I called what I assume was your 'old' work number.  If you have a different number now, please let me know via PM.

Regardless, if there's anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to PM, e-mail or call.  It boggles the mind that so much can happen to one man, especially a man as universally (and justifiably) well-liked as you.  I have and will continue to pray for a full recovery, and look forward to your comments when Revelations are once again in the house of Freejazz.

With warmest regards and utmost respect,

-Jim
« Last Edit: 28 Jul 2007, 04:21 am by Double Ugly »

Freejazz

It breaks my heart to see this, Scott.  Your public posts and comments made during our off-line conversations made it all-too-clear how much you love these speakers.  The good news is you've beaten the beast before, and I've no doubt it's destined for defeat again.

I hope you got the voicemail I left a few days ago.  I called what I assume was your 'old' work number.  If you have a different number now, please let me know via PM.

Regardless, if there's anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to PM, e-mail or call.  It boggles the mind that so much can happen to one man, especially a man as universally (and justifiably) well-liked as you.  I have and will continue to pray for a full recovery, and look forward to your comments when Revelations are once again in the house of Freejazz.

-Jim

Thanks Jim ...

Yes, they are the most enjoyable transducers that I have ever heard.

... still, you are too kind.  :)

PM sent with the phone update

Best,

Scott

Freejazz

-Jim

Sorry to again miss your call Jim ... just a bit low on juice right now.  I will try to catch you on Monday, as I go back in on Tuesday.

Thanks for your persistance.

Best,

Scott

Double Ugly

Sorry to again miss your call Jim ... just a bit low on juice right now.  I will try to catch you on Monday, as I go back in on Tuesday.

Thanks for your persistance.

Best,

Scott

Not at all, my friend.  If you'll somehow let me know when you'd like to call or have me call, I'll make every effort to be available.

Take care,

-Jim

Freejazz

Please Note: Price Reduced for AudioCircle members ... as I told Chris, I am trying to keep them in the family!

$4750 w/ same terms

Thanks for your consideration guys

Scott

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
This REALLY is a great deal....and I told Scott if I had the room I would take them...but my room is too small....so someone is going to get a great speaker...and at half the cost.....and they will be VERY HAPPY with the way they sound..... :dance:

BUMP.......BUMP......BUMP......BUMP.......BUMP......BUMP......BUMP.....BUMP......BUMP......BUMP.......BUMP

Double Ugly

Holy Cow!!!  :o :o :o  I'm honestly tempted to get 'em myself, and I've already *PAID* for a pair of Revelations!

If I had the room, I'd have already bought 'em at Scott's original asking price.  Problem is, I don't have the room, and even worse, they would have been used as the world's best surround speakers in a 2-Channel/Multi-Channel/HT set-up. 

Now, I'm the audio world version of Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor, so using Revelations as surrounds seems perfectly legitimate to me, but I'm not blind to the fact that it'd be a terrible waste of an amazing resource.  These should be used as main speakers, PERIOD!

Surely someone out there is looking for speakers, hoping to find something approaching world-class at a real-world price.  Well here's the chance of a lifetime, fellas, because these speakers aren't approaching world-class, they *ARE* world-class!

My suggestion is this - don't think it over, don't ask the wife, and don't hesitate.  If someone else pulls the trigger first, you're going to kick yourself for allowing an opportunity like this pass.

Just my opinion, but I'll stick to it.

-Jim

Freejazz

*A note, as a couple folks have asked ... this pair was produced and delivered to me the first week of December, 2006.  This was after the itentification and fix on the complaints about harshness in the tweeter.  This pair is free of that issue and sounds exceptional.

Thanks,

Scott

byteme

This REALLY is a great deal....and I told Scott if I had the room I would take them...but my room is too small....so someone is going to get a great speaker...and at half the cost.....and they will be VERY HAPPY with the way they sound..... BUMP

My room is 12x20 and I fear these are just too big as well.  Height wouldn't be that big a deal but they are each 4" wider than my current speaker and I think these would really really overpower the room.

I've always been intrigued by SP Tech speakers though.

At 67" high do the "stands" place the tweeter at ear level when seated?

Freejazz

This REALLY is a great deal....and I told Scott if I had the room I would take them...but my room is too small....so someone is going to get a great speaker...and at half the cost.....and they will be VERY HAPPY with the way they sound..... BUMP

My room is 12x20 and I fear these are just too big as well.  Height wouldn't be that big a deal but they are each 4" wider than my current speaker and I think these would really really overpower the room.

I've always been intrigued by SP Tech speakers though.

I would ask Bob, Karsten or anyone else with experience to chime-in here, but ...

without considering total volume, my experience would suggest that a 12x20 room would most likely not be too small.   How high are your ceilings?

The one caveat is that one's listening position should be (ideally) at least eight feet from the speakers.  They sounded great even at our at original 6.5' distance, but we found that the additional foot and one-half made a big difference in bringing everything together.  *A good thing is that with the TL venting via the front and sides,  the speaker can be placed very close to the rear wall.

Scott

Double Ugly

Only if you're sitting in a really tall chair!  :lol:

The short answer is no, but due to the dispersion characteristics of the waveguide, it doesn't matter.  I've done all sorts of experiments over the past 4 years, and I've yet to hear a meaningful difference at tweeter level vs. sitting below. 

In fact, my listening position is the best seat in the room IMHO, and it's below tweeter level and slightly outside the left speaker (yeah, my room is pretty bad!).

If you'd had an opportunity to hear how good they were in the tiny Denver hotel room back in 2004, I doubt you'd give your room's size a second thought.  :wink:

No, I don't believe your room is too small.  I don't have Revelations yet, but I've heard them sing in a room significantly smaller than yours. 

Finally, though I'm not sure how closely this actually parallels the Revelation experience, I own an SP Tech speaker that's only one driver, 4Hz of bass (29Hz vs 25Hz) and one transmission-line from being a Revelation, and I've yet to struggle with "speaker too big" issues in my room (~13x18).

-Jim

Freejazz

Oops ... I missed that part of the question!  Thanks Jim ... agreed about the Waveguide, as we also always listened "below" the tweeter height.

BTW - I updated a couple of the three allotted photos on Audiogon.  These will give a much better idea of how the speakers actually appear.

Scott

byteme

Ceiling is cathedral and my "sweet spot" is about 10.5 feet from the front plane of the speakers.

I'm currently using and really enjoying Odyssey Lorelie's.  Based on their size I've upgraded TV to 70" JVC 1080p LCoS RPTV which goes between the two front speakers.  I'm a bit limited on going wider because of a chunk of wall that juts out and my equipment rack.

Looks pretty much like this however, the TV in that picture is a 61", the 70" added about 5" of width -

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
The short answer is no, but due to the dispersion characteristics of the waveguide, it doesn't matter.

I will confirm DU's comment. I have had SP Waveguides for a few years now and my Continuum's were also positioned well above ear level. The Waveguide does such a great job of dispersion, your sweet spot will be much larger as compared to many 'conventional' designs so you and your friends won't have to fight over a 6" area of the couch :duel:. For soundtrack playback, you will think you have a center channel in the mix.

They are also very position friendly. It doesn't matter if they are 5 feet apart or 12, just a little tweaking is all that's needed to get optimum sound.

Freejazz

Ceiling is cathedral and my "sweet spot" is about 10.5 feet from the front plane of the speakers.

I'm currently using and really enjoying Odyssey Lorelie's.  Based on their size I've upgraded TV to 70" JVC 1080p LCoS RPTV which goes between the two front speakers.  I'm a bit limited on going wider because of a chunk of wall that juts out and my equipment rack.

Looks pretty much like this however, the TV in that picture is a 61", the 70" added about 5" of width -

That sounds/looks like a very good space. 

No subwoofer need apply either!

Scott

Double Ugly

BTW - I updated a couple of the three allotted photos on Audiogon.  These will give a much better idea of how the speakers actually appear.

And even those don't convey just how nice they look in person.  Maybe it's the studio finish, but I can't take a picture that captures how good mine look either.  I finally gave up trying.

"Understated class" I believe was the phrase I once heard to describe them.  I'd agree with that!  :thumb:

I hope you don't mind, Scott, but this is the most accurate photographic representation I've found. (Well done, Karsten! :D)

-Jim
« Last Edit: 31 Jul 2007, 06:42 pm by Double Ugly »

WEEZ

No offense, Wolfy...but you've got competition in the speaker leaning category  :)

byteme

That sounds/looks like a very good space. 

No subwoofer need apply either!

Scott

Might be a bit crowded!!

After adjusting the pictures for the difference in h x w this is an approximation of what I'd get.  And the sub is never used for 2 channel, only movies.

Double Ugly

No offense, Wolfy...but you've got competition in the speaker leaning category  :)

Before you say too much, you should know the "leaner" pictured in Karsten's wife.  :D