Power Conditioning with Nuforce amps

DZetye

Power Conditioning with Nuforce amps
« on: 12 Jun 2007, 08:04 pm »
Hello Jason,
Can I use a Shunyata Hydra power conditioner with the Nuforce products with no ill effects?

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
Re: Power Conditioning with Nuforce amps
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jun 2007, 10:56 pm »
Not expecting any ill effect, but may not have any discernible benefit.

Occam

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jun 2007, 04:08 am »
alternatively -
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=26371.0
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=27562.0

That being (indirectly) said, proper powerconditioning for imperfect ac power is very rare (as in the very, very expensive CAT-SL1 preamp) and is not a criticism of a component, but rather an acknowledgement of economic realities and competitive positioning.

FWIW,
Paul

mcgruder

« Reply #3 on: 20 Jun 2007, 01:49 am »
I'm due to receive a Hydra Model 6 any day now. :green:  I primarily want protection for the my Ref 9 SE's, with hopefully the added bonus of some sonic benefits.  In my reading on this topic, the Hydra PC's perform well on amps without restricting current or harming dynamics, and I'm hard pressed to find negative feedback on them.  I'll be sure to share the results, good or bad.

gman

« Reply #4 on: 20 Jun 2007, 02:14 am »
I used a Hydra 4 for several months with the Nuforce, and they sounded fantastic! I can't honestly say how much better (or worse) compared to plugging directly into a wall, because I never did any critical listening direct to wall.

I now use a Audience Adept Response which is a step up from the Hydra IMO. But the Hydra was VERY good!

Gary

mcgruder

« Reply #5 on: 20 Jun 2007, 02:48 am »
Yes, I looked at the Audience Adept Response line which is likely an excellent performer, but $2600 for the 6 outlet version, $500 for the single outlet version is too steep for my budget.  The Hydra 6 (outlets), also very promising, at $1000 is more in line with my budget for surge protection/power conditioning and distribution to perhaps go with a V2 upgrade to follow after some encouraging reviews roll in. 

rabpaul

« Reply #6 on: 20 Jun 2007, 03:53 am »
I just want to add that the 20A cable that powers the Hydra is important. You should at least get their shielded ones e.g Copperhead, Diamond back. The better this cable is the better the Hydra does what it does.