look at those replicators ( from sg-1) peering back at ya. :lol:
marvin

brj

Re: Room is getting pretty close to done now......new pics
« Reply #22 on: 26 Feb 2007, 05:18 pm »
Quote from: arthurs
Thanks to Brj for coming by and taking the pictures

No problem at all!

(The pics do seem darker in the online, scaled-down version, for some reason.  The full size pics looked better, although the only reason those hand-held shots came out at all in that low level of light was because of the "vibration reduction" lens.  To get them really sharp, I'd need to use a tripod, and even then some additional lighting would help.  Darn... I'll just have to go back again!  :lol:)

and enjoying some tunes.....

That part was even easier!  :thumb:

For anyone else that might have the chance to hear Art's system, I'd absolutely recommend that you take the opportunity.  It is the best system I've ever heard.  And if you happen to be swapping cables, or amps, or pre-amps, in an untreated or undertreated room, I'd recommend reversing course and treating the room first if at all possible.  Room treatments have a phenominal impact, and it will make comparing other gear much more productive.  Art and I both heard things last night that we hadn't heard before...

Denver's gettin a pretty good guy there... :thumb:

Thanks, Art!  So far I've seen no signs that the Denver guys are all running and hiding at my approach! :lol:

Besides, Fort Worth isn't doing too bad keeping you around either! :D

meby

« Reply #23 on: 26 Feb 2007, 05:22 pm »
Arthurs did you buy the VAC equipment from Joe?  How does it compare to the Dodd equipment?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #24 on: 26 Feb 2007, 05:35 pm »
For anyone else that might have the chance to hear Art's system, I'd absolutely recommend that you take the opportunity.  It is the best system I've ever heard.  And if you happen to be swapping cables, or amps, or pre-amps, in an untreated or undertreated room, I'd recommend reversing course and treating the room first if at all possible.  Room treatments have a phenominal impact, and it will make comparing other gear much more productive.  Art and I both heard things last night that we hadn't heard before...

Brian,

I couldn't agree with you more on the room tretament front!!

In fact, I just ordered two Corner Mondo Traps from Ethan at Realtraps.

In my room I will now have the following room treatments (all from Ethan at Realtraps):

4 - Tri-Corner Traps
2 - Corner Mondo Traps
8 - Mini Traps
3 - Diffusors

Each time I add something, it really does make a noticeable improvement.

Now back to Art's kick ass room.

George
« Last Edit: 26 Feb 2007, 08:27 pm by zybar »

bluemike

« Reply #25 on: 26 Feb 2007, 06:56 pm »
Very Nice Art

Enyoy  :thumb:

arthurs

« Reply #26 on: 26 Feb 2007, 07:01 pm »
Arthurs did you buy the VAC equipment from Joe?  How does it compare to the Dodd equipment?

I did buy it from Joe and cannot reccomend him highly enough as a dealer, just a really good guy and a straight shooter who knows his stuff.

VAC and Dodd both make excellent equipment.  8)

arthurs

« Reply #27 on: 26 Feb 2007, 07:02 pm »

Now back to Art's kick ass room.

George

George, let's make this an open discussion about all kick ass rooms, cause yours is pretty darn impressive as well..... :thumb:

nathanm

« Reply #28 on: 26 Feb 2007, 07:35 pm »
Now that's a proper audio shrine! Wow!  That's as good as I've ever seen beige look!

mgalusha

« Reply #29 on: 26 Feb 2007, 10:34 pm »
Very nice indeed. I'm hoping to build a listening space this spring/summer and if it turns out 1/2 as nice I'll be happy.  :thumb:

brj

« Reply #30 on: 26 Feb 2007, 10:52 pm »
Quote from: zybar[/quote
In my room I will now have the following room treatments (all from Ethan at Realtraps):

4 - Tri-Corner Traps
2 - Corner Mondo Traps
8 - Mini Traps
3 - Diffusors

George, I remember you discussing the improvement from the diffusors, but did you ever compare 1 vs. 2 vs. 3?

Quote from: nathanm
That's as good as I've ever seen beige look!

:lol:

Well, you wouldn't want to distract from the dramatic lighting and the oil painting, would you? :)

arthurs

« Reply #31 on: 26 Feb 2007, 10:58 pm »
I'm curious about the diffusors as well George, I think I'll add some next to or behind the listening position down the road a bit (gotta get the TT rig in first) and would appreciate hearing your perspective.....

and let's not knock beige around, some of us are just beige and low key.... :icon_lol:

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #32 on: 26 Feb 2007, 11:10 pm »
I'm curious about the diffusors as well George, I think I'll add some next to or behind the listening position down the road a bit (gotta get the TT rig in first) and would appreciate hearing your perspective.....

and let's not knock beige around, some of us are just beige and low key.... :icon_lol:

I have to be honest, I pretty much setup all three at once and didn't do any major testing by adding one at a time.  With listening time at a premium these days, the three sounded so good that I never looked back.

A buddy did do one at a time and felt that each one he added made a noticeable improvement.

I will let you know what I hear when I add the two Corner Mondo Traps.

George

arthurs

« Reply #33 on: 27 Feb 2007, 02:00 pm »
I know you have one in front George, are the other 2 behind you?  Or where in relation to your listening seat....

srlaudio

• Industry Participant
    • SRL Acoustics
« Reply #34 on: 27 Feb 2007, 02:31 pm »
Say if you like beige, or any other color, check out our stuff...

Allen

TomS

« Reply #35 on: 27 Feb 2007, 02:39 pm »
I know you have one in front George, are the other 2 behind you?  Or where in relation to your listening seat....
Art,

I would definitely chat with Ethan on it.  In my case, though I also have a fair number of Realtraps - 4 mondos, 4 mini-corners, 2 HF minitraps, 2 standard minitraps, he recommended against the the diffusors in my situation.   He was being completely honest, as I had my debit card in hand ready to order.  My room is very different and limited (13x24x8) compared to yours, but of course each case is different.  I would think in a big room like yours (and George's), that already has extensive bass trapping, it might be much more beneficial.  He can definitely guide you on it.

Tom

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #36 on: 27 Feb 2007, 02:43 pm »

One is in front, about 17' away from me.

The two behind me are around 12-13' away from me.

George

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #37 on: 27 Feb 2007, 02:54 pm »
Art,

I would definitely chat with Ethan on it.  In my case, though I also have a fair number of Realtraps - 4 mondos, 4 mini-corners, 2 HF minitraps, 2 standard minitraps, he recommended against the the diffusors in my situation.   He was being completely honest, as I had my debit card in hand ready to order.  My room is very different and limited (13x24x8) compared to yours, but of course each case is different.  I would think in a big room like yours (and George's), that already has extensive bass trapping, it might be much more beneficial.  He can definitely guide you on it.

Tom

Tom,

Can you share why Ethan felt that the Diffusor wasn't going to be beneficial?

My room is only 4' wider and 6-7' deeper and the Diffusors made a very nice improvement.

George

arthurs

« Reply #38 on: 27 Feb 2007, 02:54 pm »
Thanks Tom, will definitely do.

George, are they directly behind you?

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #39 on: 27 Feb 2007, 03:08 pm »
Thanks Tom, will definitely do.

George, are they directly behind you?

Yes.

George