Linked Events

• Rocky Mountain Audio Fest '07: 12 Oct 2007 - 14 Oct 2007

Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2007

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
Re: Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2007
« Reply #80 on: 22 Aug 2007, 08:05 pm »
The Place To Be In October.... http://www.audiofest.net/

Are you getting any promoter's fee by tooting the show, Chris? :thumb: :drool: :nono: :duel:

jrebman

« Reply #81 on: 22 Aug 2007, 08:36 pm »
Alan,

I know everybody's busy, I just figured Zu would be there to show their new speaker, and maybe their modded Denon 103 cart.  I also hope somebody shows up with one of Vinnies 5G iMods and the new ALO V-dock -- that's one thing I'm really wanting to hear, because at least for me, that's a real possible addition this next year.

Will you be there -- I'd like to meet in person... finally :-).

I'm also going to be calling you very soon to order a nice IEC inlet for another of my projects.

-- Jim

Toka

« Reply #82 on: 22 Aug 2007, 08:49 pm »
Yea, I am really interested in that Zu/Denon cart...been so quiet since the announcement!  :dunno:

Mike Dzurko

• Industry Participant
« Reply #83 on: 22 Aug 2007, 09:27 pm »
As a manufacturer and direct-seller, RMAF is affordable as shows go. Still it costs quite a few thousand by the time you add up exhibit room, sleeping rooms, flights, food, etc. for staff, shipping costs.  And as someone mentioned, there's substantial time away from the shop as well as a LOT of time spent in the months before the show getting organized.  There are a number of other shows going on during the year and if you include international shows you could easily be doing more than one a month. We decided ACI only had time for one show a year, and last year (our first at RMAF) was so successful AND enjoyable, it's the one :)

P.S. I don't think Chris is getting paid, but I was thinking he'd get an official ACI 30 year shirt if we actually get them produced  :lol:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #84 on: 22 Aug 2007, 11:52 pm »
Sean and Adam intend to be there. Original plans were corrupted due to a mistake in room assignment. I forgot to ask what they will be bringing but they talked about a big surprise, whatever the hell that means.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #85 on: 23 Aug 2007, 12:06 am »
Yes it's reasonable still - but not as reasonable as in the past.  Plus, this has been a show for the smaller guys in the past.  Once they got some of the big boys, they raised the price.  Some of the small guys just can't swing it along with the other shows.  I hope this doesn't continue.  This is a great show and a great place to meet people.

Bryan

alan m. kafton

« Reply #86 on: 23 Aug 2007, 12:17 am »
Once they got some of the big boys, they raised the price.

Not quite....you are not taking into consideration that the hotel likely raised their rates due to the success of the shows. This was a consideration early on, whether RMAF could continue (at the Marriott) after the 2nd and 3rd shows, along with attempting to add more floors for expansion. Unfortunately, most hotels won't remove furniture, along with other stipulations that make an audio show untenable. Other downtown hotels were approached....no go. You can ask the gents with T.H.E. SHOW about these circumstances as well.  They scoured all the hotels in Denver to book their CEDIA promotion. Not everyone wants to dance.

What's great about RMAF, and VSAC previously, is the ability of "us small guys" to combine financial forces in rooms without penalty (unlike  CES)....that reduces the financial commitment as well.

The Ninja

• Industry Participant
  • Manufacturer
    • Skiing Ninja Systems
« Reply #87 on: 23 Aug 2007, 03:06 am »
I like Tom's idea too (about sticking near the bar :))

Olympic size speaker leaning indeed!  Though I think were considering the 6's over the 9's due to the room size... it's still up for discussion though :D

Ninja (Sean)

I like Tom's idea.

I heard that Chris was going to be leading a speaker leaning clinic on Friday night.

Maybe we can get Danny to show up with a pair of LS-9s -- that would be Olympic class speaker leaning.

TomS

« Reply #88 on: 23 Aug 2007, 03:24 am »
I like Tom's idea too (about sticking near the bar :))

Olympic size speaker leaning indeed!  Though I think were considering the 6's over the 9's due to the room size... it's still up for discussion though :D

Ninja (Sean)

I like Tom's idea.

I heard that Chris was going to be leading a speaker leaning clinic on Friday night.

Maybe we can get Danny to show up with a pair of LS-9s -- that would be Olympic class speaker leaning.

Oh, puleeeeaaaze bring the LS-9's and lots of room treatments (hint: BPape or Ethan!!)

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #89 on: 23 Aug 2007, 05:00 am »
The Place To Be In October.... http://www.audiofest.net/

Are you getting any promoter's fee by tooting the show, Chris? :thumb: :drool: :nono: :duel:
No Shek....no $$$$....but I'll tell you why its a great show...even better than the NY shows.

First....more variety....smaller companies...cutting edge equipment. Their on the ball...ear to the ground....they don't follow...they lead....they need to be heard.

Second....their friendlier people....they will play your music....they want to hear from you....and will help you more.

Third....the chance to meet all those who post here on Audio Circle....its a great group here....and their from everywhere. This show is less costly than going to NYC....and for the last two years I've gone, I've had a great time...not much sleep :lol:....but a really great time.

I'm looking forward to it again this year....you should try to make it.... :dance:

Mike.....
P.S. I don't think Chris is getting paid, but I was thinking he'd get an official ACI 30 year shirt if we actually get them produced ...

Your right Mike.....I'm looking forward to visiting your room again this year....make mine a large :wink:.....thanks !!! :thumb:

Chris

lonewolfny42

« Reply #90 on: 23 Aug 2007, 05:15 am »
 The Ninja...

Olympic size speaker leaning indeed!

So far....these have been the tallest...the Focus Audio Master 3 Loudspeakers..... :bounce:

Sean Parque

• http://www.av123.com
« Reply #91 on: 23 Aug 2007, 09:24 pm »
Ohhh... that is impressive.  And with a beer too (Stella?)!

Big Red Machine

« Reply #92 on: 23 Aug 2007, 09:42 pm »
But I can put my elbow on those, ha!

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #93 on: 23 Aug 2007, 09:52 pm »

Captain Humble

« Reply #94 on: 23 Aug 2007, 09:54 pm »
The show just appear to be smaller than last year, I just looked at the Exhibitor list, appears to me that Karma, JM-Lab, Triangle, Usher aren't on the list.
Saw this post last night.
Spoke to Stan this morning.

Usher WILL BE AT RMAF 2007.

They were improperly listed on the RMAF site.
The correction has already been made.

Stan said thanks for the heads up. :thumb:

Jeff

lonewolfny42

« Reply #95 on: 24 Aug 2007, 03:34 am »
Just checked....Usher now listed....and so is Kharma.... 8)

Barry....
I think you spelled Karma wrong...you missed the "h".....so its just two missing...but those might show up later...maybe ? Still a lot to see and hear.... :hyper:

The show just appear to be smaller than last year, I just looked at the Exhibitor list, appears to me that Karma, JM-Lab, Triangle, Usher aren't on the list.

Cacophonix

« Reply #96 on: 24 Aug 2007, 04:00 am »
I was very eager to listen to red wine audio's signature 30/70 .. but looks like they are giving it a miss too.   :?

lonewolfny42

« Reply #97 on: 2 Sep 2007, 05:58 am »

Days to go....... :wink:

From the RMAF website:

Make Your Hotel Reservations Today – Marriott is ALMOST SOLD OUT!

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #98 on: 2 Sep 2007, 01:26 pm »
Zu will be there.

Sean says they will be displaying their wares in the Atrium where they will be providing live entertainment through the new PRESENCE speakers. They are bringing a band from Salt Lake to provide music. Rogue will  provide the electronics.

So you heard right ---------- live entertainment through a home sound system in a big space.

Dan Weldon will be bringing a band. See link.

http://www.danweldon.com/

TONEPUB

« Reply #99 on: 2 Sep 2007, 03:09 pm »
Should be fun.

The Zu speakers do a great job with dynamics....