Linked Events

• Rocky Mountain Audio Fest '07: 12 Oct 2007 - 14 Oct 2007

Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2007

tvyankee

Re: Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2007
« Reply #40 on: 11 Jul 2007, 09:53 pm »
Did you get the The Sonogram's?

If you did how do they sound?

oh yeah i hope they work it out for you.

thanks

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #41 on: 28 Jul 2007, 06:55 pm »
Jet Blue Fall Sale.....http://www.jetblue.com/

Between JFK/NY and Denver....with taxes and fee's....$129. each way.

bunky

« Reply #42 on: 28 Jul 2007, 07:42 pm »

Yeah Chris, And they dont fly out of Baltimore :duh:

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #43 on: 28 Jul 2007, 11:20 pm »
I'm thinking 2007 will be a perfect time for my first RMAF experience :)  I have a good friend in Denver who would like to attend as well, so free lodging :D

lonewolfny42

« Reply #44 on: 28 Jul 2007, 11:33 pm »

Yeah Chris, And they dont fly out of Baltimore :duh:
Maybe....move to NY... :jester:

Or....you could take a bus there......then fly Jet Blue. :thumb:

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #45 on: 28 Jul 2007, 11:54 pm »
Jetblue flies out of here(I watch them taxi by every day) but they don't fly from here to Denver!?! :scratch:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #46 on: 29 Jul 2007, 12:02 am »
Jetblue flies out of here(I watch them taxi by every day) but they don't fly from here to Denver!?! :scratch:
Check American Airlines or Frontier....round trip from Dallas runs a little over $200.00 for that weekend. :thumb:

Steve

« Reply #47 on: 29 Jul 2007, 12:10 am »
Hey Lonewolf,

I can get a round trip flight from Peoria, IL to Denver via Alaskan Airlines for $711.00. Takes 10 hours, 11 minutes.  :lol:  :lol:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #48 on: 29 Jul 2007, 12:20 am »
Steve - I think you can drive it in about 12 hours.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #49 on: 29 Jul 2007, 12:28 am »
Hey Lonewolf,

I can get a round trip flight from Peoria, IL to Denver via Alaskan Airlines for $711.00. Takes 10 hours, 11 minutes.  :lol:  :lol:

That sounds like fun Steve...and that Alaskan Airlines....thats a good company !! Just remember to dress warm.....and enjoy the snacks... :lol:

Steve

« Reply #50 on: 29 Jul 2007, 01:06 am »
Yeah, I can take a tour of the country, Chicago, Seattle, finally Denver. One would think I would make a pitstop in Anchorage or Fairbanks though.  :lol: Yep, I still better pack those long handles.

Always wanted to go out to the west coast. I could probably drive it in about the same time.  I don't know if my schedule will allow. Just one of those last minute things.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #51 on: 29 Jul 2007, 01:18 am »
Yeah, I can take a tour of the country, Chicago, Seattle, finally Denver. One would think I would make a pitstop in Anchorage or Fairbanks though.  :lol: Yep, I still better pack those long handles.

Always wanted to go out to the west coast. I could probably drive it in about the same time.  I don't know if my schedule will allow. Just one of those last minute things.
Just checked Orbitz...Chicago to Denver (10/12 - 10/14).....AA or Frontier....$138 + $26 taxes & fees = $164  per person each way.

tdangelo

« Reply #52 on: 29 Jul 2007, 03:23 am »
I booked with Frontier and got roundtrip nonstop both ways for $238 total from Jacksonville, FL to Denver.  I used Priceline.  Pretty good deal I think.

Tony

GregC

« Reply #53 on: 29 Jul 2007, 03:48 am »
My wife and I will get in the car and drive 15 minutes in traffic to get there.  :D

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #54 on: 29 Jul 2007, 04:45 am »
I'm 4 hours and about 8 gallons away. And I have a place to stay with my old friend Susan, the belly dancer, in Capitol Hill. All I really need is to get away from my routine and my family obligations. And in October, you never know about Vail Pass. Mr. Blizzard can shut it down on very short notice.

Still, it would be great to attend an audio show again. I haven't been to one since Las Vegas in about 1995.
And I'd like to see the speaker leaner in action. I hear the photos don't really capture the essence of his art.

GregC

« Reply #55 on: 29 Jul 2007, 04:50 am »
Macrojack,

I drove Vail Pass in March, 2006 when I moved to CO and it was literally closed one day before and one day after my trip through it.  Hopefully you can make it since last year's show was a lot of fun.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #56 on: 29 Jul 2007, 05:09 am »
I'm 4 hours and about 8 gallons away. And I have a place to stay with my old friend Susan, the belly dancer, in Capitol Hill. All I really need is to get away from my routine and my family obligations. And in October, you never know about Vail Pass. Mr. Blizzard can shut it down on very short notice.

Still, it would be great to attend an audio show again. I haven't been to one since Las Vegas in about 1995.
And I'd like to see the speaker leaner in action. I hear the photos don't really capture the essence of his art.
Hope you make it Tom...thats not a bad trip at all , 4 hours.  8)

And....I wasn't the only one leaning last year...there were a few others...

Please get Danny a beer..... :beer:

Carlman

« Reply #57 on: 29 Jul 2007, 12:18 pm »
Looks like we're going to have a lot of AC'ers around this year. :) I've wanted to go to this mega-gathering for years.... I'm booked/reserved, ready to go.  So, looking forward to seeing old faces and meeting new ones! :) :) :)

-Carl

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #58 on: 29 Jul 2007, 01:22 pm »
Chris, You're just being modest. Look at those guys. Amateurs!! They are barely touching the speakers. Take another look at some of your Olympian leans compared to their incidental contact. Efforts like that are not even the same category, much less competitive.

Perhaps that suggestion about getting Danny a beer is a little glimpse into the secret of your technique. It is, possible that alcohol contributes to your air of nonchalance and the way you just relax into the speaker seemingly with total abandon. Is the bottle you normally hold used for counterbalance in the same way that a tight rope walker uses a balance pole? Or are you using the speaker itself to counter some other tendency?

Maybe you'll share some of these secrets with your legion of admirers when they converge on Colorado.
Perhaps you should arrange to hold a seminar on the subject. It is often brought up on AC so I have to guess that there is envy in the field. In fact, there's a good chance that this site is populated by a significant cadre of closet leaners. Myself, I think I'm just not tall enough to be able to execute a good lean on a normal listening level speaker and I can't even dream about pulling it off on a panel of any kind. The old B&W 801 is probably about my speed.

What the hell, it's a gift and I didn't get any. Count your blessings.

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #59 on: 29 Jul 2007, 04:24 pm »
Good one!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Cheers   :beer: