RM V60 is coming....7-6-5-4-3-2-1-0

Wayne1

Re: RM V60 is coming....7-6-5-4-3-2-1-0
« Reply #120 on: 16 Dec 2006, 01:07 am »
ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! :o

Brian,

You can keep my 626R's that I sent in for upgrades. Just send me a pair of the RM V60s and we can call it even  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

seadogs1

« Reply #121 on: 16 Dec 2006, 01:41 am »
Any photos of the two sub woofer options???

mlschifter

• http://www.av123.com
Re: RM V60 is coming....7-6-5-4
« Reply #122 on: 16 Dec 2006, 02:03 am »
The finish is seamless and flawless.  How you do that with rosewood veneer is beyond me.  Glaze and buffing for two hours add a depth and tactile quality I haven't seen from veneers sprayed with multiple coats of clear lacquer.

It now remains to be seen if we can post photography that does the speaker's beauty justice.

Glad you like them Brian...

I have quietly watched this thread "bubble"... sort of enjoyed it from afar...  :)

I plan on sending a new veneer from Colombia (Mascarey) to China for our artisans to work with... you will cra* your pants when you see the beauty of this veneer. I'm excited about my facilities in China and Colombia working together on loads of stuff...

Now then Brian --- aren't you glad you listened to your old buddy...  8)

All the best...

mls

John Casler

« Reply #123 on: 16 Dec 2006, 02:10 am »
The finish is seamless and flawless.  How you do that with rosewood veneer is beyond me.  Glaze and buffing for two hours add a depth and tactile quality I haven't seen from veneers sprayed with multiple coats of clear lacquer.

It now remains to be seen if we can post photography that does the speaker's beauty justice.

I have quietly watched this thread "bubble"... sort of enjoyed it from afar...  :)

I plan on sending a new veneer from Colombia (Mascarey) to China for our artisans to work with... you will cra* your pants when you see the beauty of this veneer. I'm excited about my facilities in China and Colombia working together on loads of stuff...

All the best...

mls

Mark,

As always incredible work.

As some have said, if they didn't make a sound they'd still be (state of the) ART.

Hope you're feeling better. 

Maybe I should put you on a vitamin regime?

fredgarvin

« Reply #124 on: 16 Dec 2006, 02:12 am »
Brian and Mark, a beautiful piece of work. I'm dreaming of a signature model in piano black with a diffuser imbedded in the finish...call it the V60 STEALTH. With sub missiles flanking the wings...They'll never see it coming. I love the back wave options, also!  :thumb:

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
« Reply #125 on: 16 Dec 2006, 02:16 am »
My heartfelt thanks to Mark, Delia, Mr. Pu and the crew of artisans at Sound Art Guangdong for bringing the RM60 from idea to reality in two months (plus three weeks on the water).  I think Mark's factory is one of the world's premier woodworking facilities. No one does better and most don't come close.

We will offer every veneer and paint Mark can get his hands on, either stock or on special order.  90 days lead time seems about right for one of a kind finishes and we will stock rosewood, macassar ebony and piano black.

mlschifter

« Reply #126 on: 16 Dec 2006, 02:30 am »

All the best...

mls

Mark,

As always incredible work.

As some have said, if they didn't make a sound they'd still be (state of the) ART.

Hope you're feeling better. 

Maybe I should put you on a vitamin regime?

Thank you John...

I honestly think I need your help with this... I seem to be getting this same crud every year or two...  :(

I also want to thank you for your very kind comments... All of us at SAC care beyond words about our friends (clients) - and as you know - Brian and I go back almost 35 years... No small feat.

The GLORY DAYS of audio are once again upon us - as the industry consolidates more and more - people like Brian are rare and precious jewels... While we all compete on several levels... it brings me great joy to be part of the "team" at VMPS... I love that...

Most humbly...

mls

mlschifter

« Reply #127 on: 16 Dec 2006, 02:32 am »
Brian and Mark, a beautiful piece of work. I'm dreaming of a signature model in piano black with a diffuser imbedded in the finish...call it the V60 STEALTH. With sub missiles flanking the wings...They'll never see it coming. I love the back wave options, also!  :thumb:

Wow...

Crazy Cool...

All the best...

mls

mlschifter

« Reply #128 on: 16 Dec 2006, 02:35 am »
My heartfelt thanks to Mark, Delia, Mr. Pu and the crew of artisans at Sound Art Guangdong for bringing the RM60 from idea to reality in two months (plus three weeks on the water).  I think Mark's factory is one of the world's premier woodworking facilities. No one does better and most don't come close.

We will offer every veneer and paint Mark can get his hands on, either stock or on special order.  90 days lead time seems about right for one of a kind finishes and we will stock rosewood, macassar ebony and piano black.

Thanks Brian... you made me smile tonight while I fight off this creeping crud I managed to get while in Chicago last week...

I most sincerely appreciate your words... and while neither of us are going to "fly much"... I predict this very special product will soar...

Miss you old friend... we need to chat more...

Congratulations and all the best...

mls

PS... I will send you some of this new veneer to look over --- it will knock you over... We also have something called "Mojo de Rosa" in Cali that is wonderfully lucious... Santiago and I will prepare samples for Mr. Pu's (and Delia's) vist at CES...

Brian Cheney

« Reply #129 on: 16 Dec 2006, 02:40 am »
I've been getting notices of undelivered email from me to you, so let me know if there's a better email address.  We can talk at CES, we're in the St Tropez RM 1805 and the RM 60's will be there, driven by the AtmaSphere M2 200W OTL monoblocks. I know you'll love them, their sound is as forward-looking and state of the art as their cabinetry.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #130 on: 16 Dec 2006, 03:07 am »
Beautiful looking speakers Brian and Mark.

Congratulations.

George

PLMONROE

« Reply #131 on: 16 Dec 2006, 03:11 am »
John, you and Brian and Mark just gave me the incentive I needed to to lose 30 pounds.
At that weight I can use one of these as a coffin when I go to my just rewards. I just ain't leaving these babies behind! :lol:   

mlschifter

« Reply #132 on: 16 Dec 2006, 03:12 am »
I've been getting notices of undelivered email from me to you, so let me know if there's a better email address.  We can talk at CES, we're in the St Tropez RM 1805 and the RM 60's will be there, driven by the AtmaSphere M2 200W OTL monoblocks. I know you'll love them, their sound is as forward-looking and state of the art as their cabinetry.

Brian... I have a back up e-mail address as dot mac seems to be getting flaky once they changed their fliter settings some weeks back...

mlsav123@mac.com

or...

mlschifter@gmail.com

Looking forward to hearing these for sure...

Best as always...

mark

mlschifter

« Reply #133 on: 16 Dec 2006, 03:16 am »
We also have something called "Mojo de Rosa" in Cali that is wonderfully lucious...

When I was 18 I spent the summer in Cali with a wealthy family....there were lots and lots of things I saw that I thought were lucious......WOW, the women and girls of that city don't take a back seat in the looks department to anyplace on earth.  The weather is great year round too.  I'm envious that you own a factory there.

Well... I would really have to agree Marbles... I simply LOVE LOVE LOVE Cali. The people, the food, the weather... well - the EVERYTHING...  :wink:

Did you know that Cali is the Cosmetic Surgery Capital of the world... for real...

I have a SUPER apartment there now - so do let me know if you'd like to visit... I have tons of space...

Cali is about Pride and Passion... these people have overcome TREMENDOUS odds to be the place they are today... I LOVE COLOMBIA!

Come on down...

All the best...

mls

mlschifter

« Reply #134 on: 16 Dec 2006, 03:17 am »
Beautiful looking speakers Brian and Mark.

Congratulations.

George

Thanks George...

Happy Holidays...

mls

mlschifter

« Reply #135 on: 16 Dec 2006, 03:17 am »
John, you and Brian and Mark just gave me the incentive I needed to to lose 30 pounds.
At that weight I can use one of these as a coffin when I go to my just rewards. I just ain't leaving these babies behind! :lol:   

DO IT...

I lost 68 pounds and put back on 21...  :cry:

I promise to fix this...

All the best...

mls

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #136 on: 16 Dec 2006, 03:24 am »
 I have been watching this thread since day one. Very nice speaker there guys. Beautiful wood work. Any further detailed specs on the system? What would be recommended amplification.

Brian Cheney

« Reply #137 on: 16 Dec 2006, 03:34 am »
This is a high sensitivity system.

Tweeter is 100dB/1W/1m, mids are 95dB, 6.5" woofers are 92 dB.  You can get a Powered Bass ($1200pr) system for the 6.5's and then only have to amp mids and tweeters.  Depending on room size even a small SET should work.

The outboard subs are, of course, powered, with plenty of headroom (92dB/1W with a 1000W amp).
« Last Edit: 16 Dec 2006, 04:04 am by Brian Cheney »

BobRex

« Reply #138 on: 16 Dec 2006, 03:35 am »
Ummm, All I can say is DAMN!  These kick major butt!!!

Any thoughts on dampening the rear wave or the wings?  I've got a hunch that there may be some reflecting going on back there that may cause audible problems.  Basically it looks like you've horn loaded the rear.

John Casler

« Reply #139 on: 16 Dec 2006, 03:46 am »
Ummm, All I can say is DAMN!  These kick major butt!!!

Any thoughts on dampening the rear wave or the wings?  I've got a hunch that there may be some reflecting going on back there that may cause audible problems.  Basically it looks like you've horn loaded the rear.

Hi Bob,

I posted this a few pages ago, but the pictures do not show the damper

Full Dipole, Partial Dipole, or Sealed Rear

There is a user adjustable bass damper wedge of foam behind the panels allowing for full dipole, partial dipole or sealed rear.

The adjustable rear damper allows sealed back, dipole or partial dipole operation depending on the listening environment (damped, partially damped, or undamped).

Normally an open baffle speaker design has to be wider than the cutoff frequency.  For 300Hz that means about 4 feet in width.  The New VMPS Folded Wing Design with adjustable damper obviates this and gives a much nicer look, as well as function.  The Open Back means no reflection back into the drivers.

Hope that helps