We just completed the last portion of software debug. I am sure people have been wondering why it took so long, seemingly never ending delay. The main reason is that Omnia S1 is not just a single product, it is part of our streaming system where we have to consider:
1. What happen if customer messed with the custom Android OS (despite of our warning
) and caused the server to crash?
A PC would be needed to reinstall the Omnia S1 firmware
2. How do we update various Apps (including new streaming apps) that are on Omnia S1?
The admin page has a button to do that.
3. How does user recan hard drive music, reset music database, reboot server, change server and renderer name ?
All done from a single admin page.
How do we upgrade the Omnia S1 ?
Future update might include fast CPU, newer OS version and improvement in custom audio device driver.
We will provide special upgrade price for existing customer to replace the OS board.
Earlier in the year we have been testing and fixing bugs in the hardware, server and renderer. And then finally we moved on to implementing and testing administrative functions. I am relieved to have completed the administrative features testing last week.
The shipping date should be mid July. We have authorised the production.