NuPrime Omnia S1 at Paris Audio Show, Oct 21-23

giordy60

Re: NuPrime Omnia S1 at Paris Audio Show, Oct 21-23
« Reply #60 on: 9 Apr 2019, 06:52 pm »
hi jason
will be two omnia in commerce? ... S1 and S2?
it's correct ?

giordy60

« Reply #61 on: 9 Apr 2019, 06:54 pm »
will the Wr100D no longer be produced?

goutamdev

« Reply #62 on: 9 Apr 2019, 09:29 pm »
I need one in London  - when will it be available?
Also, how’s Omnia S1 different from the raspberry pi3 chassis setup ? Just that it’s all pure assembled and pre loaded and not DIY?

Also would a Syology NAS with WR100 be a similar setup ?

Sorry for all the Qs - but looking for an elegant transport (media server and intuitive player) for my Ida-16 plus tannoy xt6f.

Cheers

Samoyed

« Reply #63 on: 10 Apr 2019, 02:29 am »
Innuous zen mini-with great software, too.

rustydoglim

« Reply #64 on: 12 Apr 2019, 12:23 am »
Many music server uses standard computing board (Raspberry Pi and Linux) with customised software and I/O board (for multiple digital outputs).  The Omnia S1 is optimised (in hardware) for server and renderer streaming of your music files. It has a customised ARM processor board with proprietary firmware and buffer.

Streaming service providers are leaning toward stopping support of device API (Spotify has stopped the support) to force customers to use their App. Omnia S1 is Android OS and all the popular streaming services App can run as-is, without the need for API integration or approval.

If you have your own music library, you can attach the hard drive to Omnia S1 and it will scan the drive when it is booted up the first time (there is an Admin web interface for re-scanning of the drive if you update the music). You can also stream from other DLNA client (smartphone with local music files) to Omnia S1. Use any of your favorite music player clients  (Bubble uPnP for example) to remotely access Omnia S1 music library.

If you want to run your streaming service (Tidal, Spotify, Qobuz etc) on Omnia S1, you would need to attach a display (a small LCD display typically cost $99) with mouse and keyboard to access the App to run it. If the streaming service App running on smartphone support re-streaming to DLNA receiver, then you can stream to Omnia S1 without the need to start the App on it.

If you don't care about running streaming App on Omnia S1, and optimizing performance is not the top priority, you can get the Raspbery Pi, Synology or other NAS as a cheaper media server.  We actually have a Raspberry Pi media server with linear power supply and power filter, built-in uDSD DAC and headphone amp available for a ROCK BOTTOM price of $250 !!!

Clearance sale at: https://nuoem.com/store/sales-promotion/nuprime-pi-9/

giordy60

« Reply #65 on: 16 Apr 2019, 10:03 am »
hello Jason, the Android App is the usual one?

or do you make another one?
from the app the tidal-qobuz choice is missing .....

....I find the D-streamer app very well made
which I use on the wr100-D