December Get Together?

Scott F.

December Get Together?
« on: 12 Nov 2004, 04:42 am »
Hiya Guys,

Thought I'd toss this one out there before all of our weekends get booked heading onto the holidays.

Anybody interested in a December get together? As I mentioned in another post, I should have the Dadelus Audio DA1's (96db eff and 6 ohm stable) showing up soon. That means they should be very SET friendly. I'll only have them until shortly after the 1st of the year.

This one doesn't have to be a gear heavy event, since obviously we are all deaf or FOS (take your pick). I thought we could just make a nice afternoon and evening of friends, food and fabulous tunes.

I'm open from the Friday after Thanksgiving on with the exception of Sunday 12/12. Any Saturday starting sometime after 12:00 should give us plenty of time if you guys decide to bring some gear.

Anybody game?

I'll leave you with the immortal words of Joe Walsh as he introduced Rocky Mountain Way at Crossroads Guitar Festival.

If I new I was going to have to play this song the rest of my life, I'd have probably written something else. But it's too late, you're stuck with this.
If you know the words, sing along. If you don't, just yell, thats what I do.

sturgus

December Get Together?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2004, 05:07 am »
Scott I can make any Friday. If it's on Sat. or Sun I will have to try and take the day off or get off early.  As far as my hearing goes. If I had not paid attention to it  I could have saved myself a lot of money. :lol:  I just think when you get a bunch of tube heads together other forms of entertainment are going to have a hard go of it. When do you think we can give that Audio Note dac another spin.
Sturgus

G

December Get Together?
« Reply #2 on: 12 Nov 2004, 03:39 pm »
I'm open for DEC 4th,11th and 18th. I'd like a chance for some learned opinions on the sound of the Frankenplay.

Tom Grooms

December Get Together?
« Reply #3 on: 12 Nov 2004, 04:13 pm »
Hey Guys, It's been a while since I've checked in here. I would love to hook up with you guys sometime. However I'm now in the business (Ulitmate Electronics Sales) and with the holiday season coming, geting off the floor on a Saturday isnt happing until after new years.

Can I get a rain check?

Scott F.

December Get Together?
« Reply #4 on: 12 Nov 2004, 04:46 pm »
Quote from: Sturgus
When do you think we can give that Audio Note dac another spin?

We can do that at the same time if you want. It would be cool to give your CAL DAC a spin at the same time just out of curiousity.

Quote from: Tom
Hey Guys, It's been a while since I've checked in here. I would love to hook up with you guys sometime. However I'm now in the business (Ulitmate Electronics Sales) and with the holiday season coming, geting off the floor on a Saturday isnt happing until after new years.

Can I get a rain check?

Absolutely. Just drop any of us a PM. We have all kinds of informal get togethers just to listen to music and hang out.

Hope you got the Krell room at Ultimate. At least the tunes will sound better (providing somebody lost the Diana Krall DVD)  :lol:

Quote from: G
I'm open for DEC 4th,11th and 18th. I'd like a chance for some learned opinions on the sound of the Frankenplay.

Any of those dates work for me. I'd love to hear the Frankenplay.

G

December Get Together?
« Reply #5 on: 12 Nov 2004, 05:17 pm »
I think I'm going to have to break down and spend the money to obtain a pair of Telefunkens or Mullards for the FP. Most 12au7s sound too dry or too round. The overall sound is very rewarding though. Let me know when the meet is and I'll be there.

electricbear

Dec meeting
« Reply #6 on: 13 Nov 2004, 06:22 pm »
I'm unfortunately with Tom on this one, most of my time will be taken  up at the store until after christmas.

Scott F.

December Get Together?
« Reply #7 on: 14 Nov 2004, 04:06 am »
Well,

Only a couple of people have weighed in, so how about this....

Does Saturday Dec 11th anytime after 2:00 work?

vpolineni

December Get Together?
« Reply #8 on: 14 Nov 2004, 04:10 am »
could we try for the 18th instead?

DeadFish

December Get Together?
« Reply #9 on: 14 Nov 2004, 05:11 am »
I'm just waiting for an opportunity to say:
"Yeah, yeah, I'll be there." :smoke:

I'm not particular and am defering to folks that actually have lives and schedules.  I'll be working book returns 'bout that time, but give me a date early enuf and I can get off.

I'll be there.  Probably.
 :wink:

DF

Mike D

December Get Together?
« Reply #10 on: 16 Nov 2004, 01:21 am »
Dec 11th at 10:00 AM?

I'm there.  :-)

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
December Get Together?
« Reply #11 on: 16 Nov 2004, 01:57 am »
Hey Scott,
  We need to talk. I may be able to get you an amplifier that I think you will want to hear with the Daedalus. Trying to work out the details now and will get with you when I know for sure. Until then, I will just keep you and the rest of the crew in suspense. Sorry! :(

DeadFish

December Get Together?
« Reply #12 on: 16 Nov 2004, 02:25 am »
Mike,
You wanna come over early for a couple of beers before heading over?
 :beer:

:lol:

B

Scott F.

December Get Together?
« Reply #13 on: 16 Nov 2004, 02:44 am »
Quote from: Response Audio
Hey Scott,
  We need to talk. I may be able to get you an amplifier that I think you will want to hear with the Daedalus. Trying to work out the details now and will get with you when I know for sure. Until then, I will just keep you and the rest of the crew in suspense. Sorry! :(

Excellent!

By chance does the model number start with JD and end with 3000? :lol:
Only kidding.

Sounds like maybe one of your signiture amps? That would be very cool.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
December Get Together?
« Reply #14 on: 16 Nov 2004, 04:05 am »
Hi Scott,  I can't say any more till I can confirm it (and this is fun) but I can say if it was a Jolida product, I would not need confirmation.

No Jolida.

Mike D

December Get Together?
« Reply #15 on: 16 Nov 2004, 06:16 am »
Wild Bill

Yes.

In the interum, I'd like to stick to my word and try to come over for a visit either tomorrow (Tues) or Thursday evening.  

Can you PM me your phone number again?

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
December Get Together?
« Reply #16 on: 16 Nov 2004, 12:50 pm »
Who's Wild Bill?

Mike D

December Get Together?
« Reply #17 on: 16 Nov 2004, 04:12 pm »
Wild Bill is a pet name for our very own Deadfish.

DeadFish

December Get Together?
« Reply #18 on: 16 Nov 2004, 04:49 pm »
Ya can't tell a Bill without a program around here. :)
After you smelled just one, nobody wants an extra DeadFish...
 :wink:
Regards!
DF

Scott F.

December Get Together?
« Reply #19 on: 16 Nov 2004, 05:32 pm »
Tell you what, lets try for Dec 11th (if it's OK with you guys). That gives us all the following Saturday (the 18th) to squeeze in some last minute Christmas shopping if we need.

We can start as early as you guys want. I know Mike D. mentioned 10am. I'll probably be doing some last minute cleaning or getting food ready to cook. I realize 10 is probably a little early for some but since we usually go well into the night (last one out here went til almost 1am), that should give everybody a chance to buzz by.

Starting earlier and running late would give us plenty of time to switch gear around while everybody is sober :o  Then, as the afternoon buzz turns into a full fledged rip snorter, we can degrade into some fine vintage rock and roll played way too loud on the Big Fun System.

What say ye?