December Get Together?

DeadFish

December Get Together?
« Reply #40 on: 9 Dec 2004, 05:04 am »
Welcome, Alex!

Sounds like you are pretty much cut from the same 'whole cloth' as the rest of us, it is just a matter of degrees.... :wink:
I'm sure you will have much to offer as well as have interest in.
Hope you can make it!

Regards,
DeadFish

steve k

December Get Together?
« Reply #41 on: 9 Dec 2004, 05:23 am »
Welcome aboard Alex. It's good to have another Maggiephile in the group. Our group is getting so big, it looks like I'm going to have to get to work on those tee shirts I've been talking about. We could have our own, matching cheering section at Cards games!

I think you're going to enjoy this group of St. Lunatics, to borrow a phrase from Nellie. Wish I could meet you and Adrian this Saturday. Will have to wait for another time.

On a sour note, I just lost one of my beloved VTL's tonight. Seems I've lost current to one of the tubes. It will have to go into the tube doctor for an operation.  :cry:  :bawl: Mark, do you think an SI amp would tide me over until my babies are fixed?  :lol: I guess there's still time to ask the wife for a pair of Wotans for Christmas.  :roll:

You all have fun Saturday. Bill, have you settled on a system yet???

steve k

Mike D

December Get Together?
« Reply #42 on: 9 Dec 2004, 05:27 am »
Wecome Alex, Welcome Mike, and Welcome Adrian!

We have an excellent group of friends here.  You are in for good times.  :-)  

See you Saturday.

DeadFish

December Get Together?
« Reply #43 on: 9 Dec 2004, 05:36 am »
Steve!

Ahahahah!  :lol:
Like 'decision-MAKING' is in my repertoire!  :wink:
Lets just say that I've quit moving things around.  :D
I'm only at about 30-35 hours of breakin for the HagTech Clarinet preamp, and I figured I would miss the enjoyment of the positive changes possible along the way if I kept swapping stuff about.
That, plus the WAF was dwindling as her perception of the 'Xmas Push' was definitely gonna clash with my single-minded pursuit.
Like when my camera broke at RMAF, it was another Zen-let of
'Shut up and Listen!'.
Still gotta get your SMILE cd back to you, Steve. Sorry you won't be making it saturday.  Sure have liked it though!
As a brief aside to that, I had not-so-subtle revelations about that recording, depending on whether listening on the 'big rig', or the peecee, with speakers on both sides of my head.  Kudos to the recording engineers on that, and a refreshing reminder to the fun they used to have when 'stereo' was new when mixing.

*end of thread hijack*  please resume your previous programming..

Regards,
DeadFish

Scott F.

December Get Together?
« Reply #44 on: 9 Dec 2004, 09:48 am »
Welcome aboard Alex! Looks like you'll fit right in.

Later this evening  I'll drop you an email with the directions (if Steve didn't send it to you already).

Oh Steve, looks like I've got your Miles CD. I'll put it in a crystal and give it to you next time we meet.

Guys, just a quick thought. Since it 'tis the season, you may want to grab some of your favorite Christmas music and bring it out for a listen. I know I've got some fun stuff to listen to. May favs right now are Coltranes version of Greensleeves and Satch doing Zat You Santi Claus?. The Coltrane version is a _scream_. We've got him for about two measures then he's flat gone :lol:

If I get a chance this evening I'll post some pics of the various rooms and systems I've set up. I think you guys will like this  8)
Be sure to bring lots of tunes!

alexstl

can I bring something for Saturday?
« Reply #45 on: 10 Dec 2004, 01:09 pm »
Hi Scott,  Is there a desert I can bring on Saturday?  How about a Mrs. Hullings cake?  I have a friend who is also interested in joining.  Is it OK to bring him on Saturday?  His name is Alan Rudolph.  We would come in the early afternoon and only be able to stay a few hours. I have directions from Steve.  I will look on this site for answers or you can email me at alexstl@aol.com.   I look forward to meeting you.  Alex

pjchappy

December Get Together?
« Reply #46 on: 10 Dec 2004, 04:11 pm »
As I mentioned several posts ago, I don't THINK I can make this one. . .

I won't know until early tomorrow. . .

p

Scott F.

Re: can I bring something for Saturday?
« Reply #47 on: 10 Dec 2004, 04:53 pm »
Quote from: alexstl
Hi Scott,  Is there a desert I can bring on Saturday?  How about a Mrs. Hullings cake?  I have a friend who is also interested in joining.  Is it OK to bring him on Saturday?  His name is Alan Rudolph.  We would come in the early afternoon and only be able to stay a few hours. I have directions from Steve.  I will look on this site for answers or you can email me at alexstl@aol.com.   I look forward to meeting you.  Alex

If you want to bring a cake, that would be just fine. By all means, bring Alan with you. The more the merrier!

See you guys Saturday.

oh, you've got mail!

Scott F.

December Get Together?
« Reply #48 on: 11 Dec 2004, 02:38 pm »
Hiya Guys,

With all of the rain we've had over the past week, would you guys mind being sure to park either on the driveway or on the street. I'm afraid if you try to park on the grass in the front yard your car will get swallowed up by the mud.

If everybody double parks each other my driveway can handle about 8 cars. Even though it's a bit of a hike, we can handle another 12 or 15 cars up on the street.

See you guys in a few hours!

pjchappy

December Get Together?
« Reply #49 on: 11 Dec 2004, 09:12 pm »
Well, the SLIGHT chance of me making it was shot last night. . .I wrecked my car!!!   :evil:

I'm fine, but I can't say the same for my car. . .

p

Scott F.

December Get Together?
« Reply #50 on: 12 Dec 2004, 06:41 am »
Hiya Guys,

PJ, Blackmore, I moved your post over to the It Was A Gassss!! topic. Don't worry they didn't get deleted :)

PJ, bummer to hear about your car. That sucks.