DAC-9

tudorbuda

Re: DAC-9
« Reply #300 on: 2 Feb 2019, 03:29 pm »
wouldn't that void the warranty?
i could try that, even tho it doesnt seem to be some resonance sound, like it isn't bolted on and it vibrates. It's exactly that large transformer hum. Does it mean that it's a faulty one? As i said, in my identical subwoofers, one of them hums and pops, the other one doesnt. There was a fix on their website, they replaced some of the components, but you had to send it in and pay about $400.
also, the transformers in my other amp (Rotel Rb 1090) are huge, 1.2kwa each and there is 0 hum, so there must me something wrong.

tudorbuda

« Reply #301 on: 12 Feb 2019, 01:32 pm »
it's starting to get on my nerves. I don't know if it sounds louder and louder, or is it just in my head, but i'd like it to be fixed. Please tell me if opening it would void the warranty, so i can try that before contacting Nuprime in France.
Thank you!

rustydoglim

« Reply #302 on: 13 Feb 2019, 08:27 pm »
I told you to open it, so how can that void the warranty? :) We are not that kind of company who nickle and dime customers. Never in our history.

seikosha

« Reply #303 on: 13 Feb 2019, 08:47 pm »
Many times when a toroidal transformer is humming it means that there is DC Offset in your power line.  Do you have the ability to try plugging it in to other plugs on another circuit or even try it at a friend's house to see if it still hums?

simon740

« Reply #304 on: 15 Feb 2019, 08:38 am »
Hello,

has anyone noticed that some "strange sounds" arise through usb input, if DAC 9 is connected to a PC?
If I have DAC 9 connected to the linux diy player, these noises are much less, but if I connect to the HTPC, there are many more noise, buzz.
How is the usb input on DAC 9 designed?

regards,
Simon

srb

« Reply #305 on: 15 Feb 2019, 09:51 am »
has anyone noticed that some "strange sounds" arise through usb input, if DAC 9 is connected to a PC?

Some PCs do have noisier USB circuitry than others, but are you bypassing the Windows internal audio mixer with an ASIO or WASAPI driver?

simon740

« Reply #306 on: 15 Feb 2019, 10:17 am »
Yes I use foobar with asio and wasapi drivers.
But some people say that this is the usb implementation problem in the DAC itself.

rustydoglim

« Reply #307 on: 18 Feb 2019, 02:52 pm »
The noise could be from the PC ground. Try different USB port. Otherwise you can try those USB isolator. But keep in mind that you can get a good mini PC for less than $500, so might be better to get rid of old PC.