1m IC - 99.9998% pure silver, Silver Nextgen RCA's - $549!

cryotweaks

• Funny name. Serious audio.
    • TweekGeek.com
The cryoTweaks Silver Reference Mk. II interconnect

I challenge anyone to find a better performing cable, or even similar construction, for under $1000.

What $549 will get you:

- 99.9998% pure, long grain, continuous cast silver
  - NextGen Silver RCA termination
  - Cryogenically treated
  - Air, Teflon & unbleached cotton dialectrics
  - Top to bottom balance, speed, and air
  - An unconditional 30 day money back guarantee

What you will NOT get:

- A deluxe, Tibetan yak fur lined mpingo wood box
  - Costly magazine adds showing Bare breasted women draping the Silver ref over their...bare breasts
  - An obscene markup

Cryotweaks accepts Visa, Mastercard, Amex and Paypal.  Cash too.

626-826-9819

www.CryoTweaks.com

TheChairGuy

« Reply #1 on: 15 Sep 2004, 04:05 pm »
Personally, I've never been turned on by Dawn at Alpha-Core (if that is the reference you are citing of bare breasted women) in those ads...

Hey, your cable sounds interesting Mike...something to think about.  Can't think of many more audiophile buzzwords to lure us, can you  :wink: That sucka' got it all.

cryotweaks

• TweekGeek.com
« Reply #2 on: 15 Sep 2004, 04:10 pm »
Buzzwords o' plenty, and the performance to back it up.  I am very proud of this cable.  If anyone is in Denver for the Rocky Mtn. Audio Show, stop by and have a listen.

Cheers,

Mike

Mad DOg

« Reply #3 on: 15 Sep 2004, 06:15 pm »
Quote from: TheChairGuy
Hey, your cable sounds interesting Mike...something to think about.  Can't think of many more audiophile buzzwords to lure us, can you  :wink: That sucka' got it all.

Mike left a pair w/ me after Saturday's listening session...and all i gotta say is this cable is friggin' awesome! :o

i compared it to the Argent Pursang, Audioquest Cheetah, Argent Audio Jaden Signature, and Eichmann eXpress6 ICs...Mike CT Silver Reference MkII bests them all. The Eichmann and Jaden Sig do trailing edge dynamics better than the Pursang and Cheetah, but the Cheetah and Pursang do leading edge dynamics better. They are all excellent ICs that do different things better so I was wondering why there can't be one IC that combines the strengths of the Jaden and Pursang? Can't I have great leading and trailing edge dynamics?

well, IMO, the CT Silver Ref MkII is the first IC i've tried that is capable of delivering it all! it is dynamic, wide-open, airy, fast AND is capable of conveying the nuances of trailing edge dynamics...this IC seems to get everything just right with the Onix H34 tube integrated and in my ss system...at $549, this IC is a screaming bargain! with Mike's 30 day money back guarantee, you guys just have to try it. i know i'm gonna be getting a couple pair...

just my $0.02...:)

Jon L

« Reply #4 on: 15 Sep 2004, 09:06 pm »
Hey, I thought something was afoot with that IC at the listening session.  Most people there probably didn't realize it was this IC that was in the system most of the time.

It really was built to exceedingly high standards and very intelligently designed (from my DIY experience) with top-notch material.  REally  like the cotton sleaving over rubber/PVC, etc other people are using.  Those silver WBT Nextgens retail for $200 a set!  

Must resist the temptation.  Must, must..

Mad DOg

« Reply #5 on: 15 Sep 2004, 09:59 pm »
Quote from: Jon L
...It really was built to exceedingly high standards and very intelligently designed (from my DIY experience) with top-notch material. REally like the cotton sleaving over rubber/PVC, etc other people are using. Those silver WBT Nextgens retail for $200 a set!

Must resist the temptation. Must, must...

yeah, it really sounds phenomenal in both upstair & downstairs systems! i've tried it from the source to preamp/integrated amp.

for the price, i just don't think i can resist the temptation...heck, pursangs and cheetahs are $950 & $900/1M pair!!! the jaden sigs are $640/1M pr!!! only the eichmanns eXpress6s are less at $225/1M pair. the eichmanns sound great w/ the tube integrated but don't have the same presence and fullness in the ss setup. and even tho the eichmanns sound great in my tube rig, i still prefer the CT silver ref mkII IC more. in my ss setup, i definitely prefer the CT silver ref mkII IC.

prior to hearing the CT silver ref mkII, the best IC i had experienced in my system was the pursang...now the CT silver ref mkII is my new reference IC standard.

cryotweaks

• TweekGeek.com
« Reply #6 on: 17 Sep 2004, 03:20 pm »
I really want to get the word out on these cables, so I am posting them at an introductory price of $399 for 1 meter on AudiogoN

This price will not last long!

Mad DOg - I hope you don't mind my gratuitous use of your comments within my ad.  

Cheers!

Mike

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #7 on: 17 Sep 2004, 03:58 pm »
Quote from: cryotweaks
I really want to get the word out on these cables, so I am posting them at an introductory price of $399 for 1 meter on AudiogoN

This price will not last long!

Mad DOg - I hope you don't mind my gratuitous use of your comments within my ad.  

Cheers!

Mike

Mike,

What is the price for the xlr version?

Do you still have the same return period with the lowered price?

George

cryotweaks

• TweekGeek.com
« Reply #8 on: 17 Sep 2004, 04:08 pm »
I have been using the Xhadow XLR's, which are quite nice.   Add $25.

Same return period too.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: 17 Sep 2004, 04:28 pm »
Thanks Mike.

I am quite intrigued as I have owned and liked the Argent Audio Pursang.

George

F-100

« Reply #10 on: 17 Sep 2004, 04:45 pm »
That is a darn good price.

Mad DOg

« Reply #11 on: 17 Sep 2004, 04:47 pm »
Quote from: zybar
...I am quite intrigued as I have owned and liked the Argent Audio Pursang.

George

the pursangs are awesome! they were my "reference" RCA IC until i heard the CT silver ref II...in my systems, the CT silver just does some things slightly better and cost a LOT less...in every area, they were equal to or better than the pursangs..because of this, it's a no brainer decision. YMMV... :)

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: 17 Sep 2004, 04:58 pm »
Quote from: Mad DOg
...I am quite intrigued as I have owned and liked the Argent Audio Pursang.

George

the pursangs are awesome! they were my "reference" RCA IC until i heard the CT silver ref II...in my systems, the CT silver just does some things slightly better and cost a lot less...because of this, it's a no brainer decision. YMMV... :)

I hear you Mad Dog.

I went to balanced VH Audio Pulsars with Rhodium Furutech connectors b/c they wound up being a bit better overall at less than 50% of the Pursang.

George

viggen

« Reply #13 on: 18 Sep 2004, 08:52 am »
I am curious as to how many conductors are used and what gauges are they?

cryotweaks

• TweekGeek.com
« Reply #14 on: 20 Sep 2004, 02:57 pm »
Balanced geometry, solid-core conductors are separated by hollow teflon tubes.  Really, really really similar to Acoustic Zen Silver Ref MkII, and   Ecosse "Legend" IC, only with better connectors and less dialectric.  

Capacitance is 22.02 pf/meter.  Divide by 3 to get the approximate per foot capacitance.

Hope that helps.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #15 on: 20 Sep 2004, 03:07 pm »
Question....
The Nextgen RCA socket has gone through a few revisions since its introduction, and___(blank)____ stocks the LATEST iteration of this socket, which is free of some earlier production glitches.
The quote is from another vender....do your cables use this upgraded version of Nextgen RCA ? Thanks !! :)

cryotweaks

• TweekGeek.com
« Reply #16 on: 20 Sep 2004, 03:15 pm »
Yes.  The Silver Ref MkIIs use the latest version NextGen Silver Connector.  They sound fantastic, and at least two other companies are selling the same wire (NOT cryo'd) for much, much more.

[/b]

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #17 on: 20 Sep 2004, 05:11 pm »
Quote from: cryotweaks
Balanced geometry, solid-core conductors are separated by hollow teflon tubes.  Really, really really similar to Acoustic Zen Silver Ref MkII, and   Ecosse "Legend" IC, only with better connectors and less dialectric.  

Capacitance is 22.02 pf/meter.  Divide by 3 to get the approximate per foot capacitance.

Hope that helps.

Mad Dog,

Did you ever compare AZ Silver Ref to Pursang?  I compared the Jaden Sig to Silver Ref and preferred the Jaden.

George

cryotweaks

• TweekGeek.com
« Reply #18 on: 20 Sep 2004, 05:34 pm »
Not directly.  The AZ Silver Ref II was slow sounding, and a little boomy.  Probably due to the nylon and rubber jackets, plus the inferior (to the WBT NextGen) connectors.

I didn't get a chance to seriously evaluate the Argent cables, but Mad DOg has made comparisons, and I trust his ears.

Mad DOg

« Reply #19 on: 22 Sep 2004, 08:21 pm »
Mad Dog,

Did you ever compare AZ Silver Ref to Pursang? I compared the Jaden Sig to Silver Ref and preferred the Jaden.

George

No, I haven't but like you I compared the AZ to the Jaden and come away preferring the Jaden.

Like you, I feel the Pursang is a step up from the Jaden in every area w/ the exception of how it does trailing edge stuff.

The CT cable sounds so similar to the Pursang but does a couple of things even better in my system. Slightly better transparency and air...substantially better trailing edge detail. The CT combines the strengths of both the Pursang and Jaden which makes for the best sounding cable I've heard in my system. And it's much less than the Pursang...  :o So far, I like everything about this IC. It is wide open and very neutral. When used w/ my tube integrated, the warmth is there in all of its glory. When used in my SS rig, the tube warmth is gone meaning that it doesn't seem to be imparting any coloration to the signal.

So the CT Silver Ref II IC is now my new reference cable. :thumb: