1m IC - 99.9998% pure silver, Silver Nextgen RCA's - $549!

Sa-dono

« Reply #20 on: 25 Sep 2004, 12:52 am »
This is definitely one of the best silver interconnects out there. I have compared these cables with the Acoustic Zen, and there is no comparison, despite the CT costing less than half the cost of the AZ.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #21 on: 25 Sep 2004, 12:59 am »
Quote from: Sa-dono
This is definitely one of the best silver interconnects out there. I have compared these cables with the Acoustic Zen, and there is no comparison, despite the CT costing less than half the cost of the AZ.

What ways is it better?

What other ic's have you tried?

George

Sa-dono

« Reply #22 on: 29 Sep 2004, 02:39 am »
Quote from: zybar

What ways is it better?

What other ic's have you tried?

George

I'll have to try and find my impressions. It has been a long time, and many cables, since my comparison. The direct comparison was also with the previous iteration of the CT Silver.

As to IC's I've heard (off the top of my head)....Onix, Revelation Audio Labs, BMC, Bolder, Eichmann, Acoustic Zen, Kubala-Sosna, Kimber, Nordost, Cardas, etc.

Mad DOg

« Reply #23 on: 29 Sep 2004, 02:57 am »
...As to IC's I've heard (off the top of my head)....Onix, Revelation Audio Labs, BMC, Bolder, Eichmann, Acoustic Zen, Kubala-Sosna, Kimber, Nordost, Cardas, etc.

not just heard, but tried in your own system...tough to know what a cable is doing in a foreign system so an impression developed from having "heard" a cable is kinda meaningless...i think you'll agree with this...

Sa-dono

« Reply #24 on: 29 Sep 2004, 03:24 am »
Quote from: Mad DOg

not just heard, but tried in your own system...tough to know what a cable is doing in a foreign system so an impression developed from having "heard" a cable is kinda meaningless...i think you'll agree with this...

I agree. There are of course exceptions...in familiarity with the other system, or at the least, doing direct comparisons with cables you are familiar with.

Of course the most meaningless evaluations are from those that listen to show systems, and judge one component based on a system (gear and/or room (if not doing extreme nearfield listening)) they are not familiar with.

shokunin

« Reply #25 on: 29 Sep 2004, 08:42 am »
I may need to try out some of Mike's cables.  Looks like I'll be going full circle from Single ended to balanced, back to single ended for 2 channel.

cryotweaks

• Funny name. Serious audio.
    • TweekGeek.com
« Reply #26 on: 29 Sep 2004, 02:15 pm »
Actually, if you really want to stay with balanced connections, you can get the CT Silver Ref with balanced connectors.  I use the Xhadow XLRs.

Xhadow XLR info

Mad DOg

« Reply #27 on: 29 Sep 2004, 02:17 pm »
Quote from: shokunin
I may need to try out some of Mike's cables.  Looks like I'll be going full circle from Single ended to balanced, back to single ended for 2 channel.
you can mess around w/ mike's cable at the next session...

shokunin

« Reply #28 on: 29 Sep 2004, 02:31 pm »
Quote from: cryotweaks
Actually, if you really want to stay with balanced connections, you can get the CT Silver Ref with balanced connectors.  I use the Xhadow XLRs.

Xhadow XLR info

My new phono stage is single ended, I'm almost certain any new SET tube amp I get is also going to be single ended.  It seems like the 2 channel side of my system is gonna go from fully  balanced to unbalanced.   I'll know more after RMAF when I get to audition a bunch of new gear.

Marbles

« Reply #29 on: 29 Sep 2004, 02:32 pm »
I'm looking forward to hearing Mike's IC's after The RMAF.

I currently have a pair of the Bolder Summit IC's that use the same connectors and some of the same wire. Summits also use copper wire for returns.

The Summits are an awesome IC.  Very detailed and focused.  They are not a "musical" presentation.  

Mike's IC's are a bit less expensive.

Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to listening to them.

cryotweaks

• Funny name. Serious audio.
    • TweekGeek.com
« Reply #30 on: 5 Oct 2004, 02:32 pm »
Reports from the field have been very, very positive.  Exceeding my expectations.  I am somewhat low on stock now, but am expecting a few more spools of cable in by the end of the month.  

HOWEVER.  The price of $399 per 1 meter pair is a limited time offer.  On November 1, the price goes up to $549 per pair.  

If you order your cables before the deadline (and I recommend you do if you are even remotely considering it).  Your 30 day trial period won't start until you get the cables.

Seriously, this is the best cable in this price range that I have ever heard.  I can't stress that enough.  I am convinced that you will agree once you try them.  I encourage you to do so for 30 days at no risk.

Mad DOg

« Reply #31 on: 5 Oct 2004, 04:45 pm »
Quote from: cryotweaks
Seriously, this is the best cable in this price range that I have ever heard.

i'd like to echo this opinion...i've been listening with the CT Silver RefMkII for a few weeks now and this cable just plain gets out of the way better than any cable i've tried at ANY price. a formal review is on its way still, but i just wanted to share this bit for now.

the only "negative" about it? well, once you hear it, you realize you're gonna want it for EVERY connection and that gets kinda pricey if you need 3 or 4 pairs! :lol: of course it's still less than shelling out $1K/ IC pair... 8)

vpolineni

« Reply #32 on: 11 Oct 2004, 09:21 pm »
Did anyone hear this cable at the rmaf?  What room was it used in?

Mad DOg

« Reply #33 on: 12 Oct 2004, 12:47 am »
Quote from: vpolineni
Did anyone hear this cable at the rmaf?  What room was it used in?

audio shows are always tuff places to "audition" cables since u're in a foreign room with gear that you're not familiar with...and u usually don't have your own reference cable there to conduct any a/b comparisons.

vpolineni

« Reply #34 on: 12 Oct 2004, 12:50 am »
true, but so far rmaf was the only opportunity to hear people's opinion of the cable other than your and sa-dono.  Mike, would you consider sending a pair out for an audition tour?

Mad DOg

« Reply #35 on: 12 Oct 2004, 12:59 am »
Mike, would you consider sending a pair out for an audition tour?

might not be a bad idea as long as the outcome ends up being different than the JuicyMusic audition tour...

vpolineni

« Reply #36 on: 12 Oct 2004, 01:09 am »
definetly... it sucks when a manufacturer is generous enough to send out a product but people don't take the time to write about it.

dallasstarsfan

Just Got my set and ...
« Reply #37 on: 12 Oct 2004, 01:45 am »
I am really liking what I am hearing.  This is my first set of really nice interconnects.  I had been using Onix Blue ICs.  The two things that I immediately noticed is that the bass is fuller and more robust and there is just more clarity.

I am still breaking them in at the moment, but I am liking them so far.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #38 on: 12 Oct 2004, 01:49 am »
true, but so far rmaf was the only opportunity to hear people's opinion of the cable other than your and sa-dono.  Mike, would you consider sending a pair out for an audition tour?

Why not just plunk your money down and take advantage of the 30 day return policy?

George

vpolineni

« Reply #39 on: 12 Oct 2004, 02:08 am »
George,
  Ideally, I'd like to have mike's cable along with the other cable I'm considering (single ended pulsar) side by side and simply put, I don't have the money to do that.  I'll just have to try one then the other or maybe only hear one of them.