1m IC - 99.9998% pure silver, Silver Nextgen RCA's - $549!

Mad DOg

Re: Just Got my set and ...
« Reply #40 on: 12 Oct 2004, 02:55 am »
Quote from: dallasstarsfan
I am really liking what I am hearing.  This is my first set of really nice interconnects.  I had been using Onix Blue ICs.  The two things that I immediately noticed is that the bass is fuller and more robust and there is just more clarity.

I am still breaking them in at the moment, but I am liking them so far.

glad you're enjoying them!

there's just NO COMPARISON here...the CT Silver Ref MkII is in a whole other league. the CT even bests my previous reference IC, the Argent Pursang which is already an amazing IC in its own right. what surprises me so much is that Mike has been able to get a silver cable to sound so balanced. i've owned the Zu Varial and the bass was weak in comparison. midrange was recessed and thin just like most other silver cables i've tried. this is the first silver cable along w/ the Acoustic Zen Silver RefMkII that isn't plagued by leanness in the mids and bass. the difference is that the AZ cable mildly colored the mids and had a little bass bloat.

the Onix Blues are great ICs for the money and work wonderful w/ receivers or other SS gear that has a significant amount of grain or glare and weak, thin sounding mids...compared to other ICs in their price range they are very good thru out the bass and midrange bands.

Marbles

« Reply #41 on: 15 Oct 2004, 11:22 pm »
I got my Cryotweaks IC's today.  They are demo's and have been broken in.

First impressions:

First you need to know what they are being compared to..the best I can do is Tysons review of the Summits:

Quote from: Tyson
The summit bested the nitro in mid range clarity, midbass impact, upper bass definition, but most especially SOUNDSTAGE. I'm normally not much of a soundstage guy, I tend to focus on things like tonal balance, resolution, and dynamics since those things are most important to me in music, but the difference was so marked and the soundstage so vivid and precise that I couldn't help but notice it. Very, very nice indeed.

Tonally it was less lush sounding than the bybee'd Nitro's, mainly a result of the upper bass and lower mids being so much cleaner and clearer. Where the nitro had a slight tendency to drone a bit in this region, the Summit was just laser sharp, detailed, and textured. Vocals as a result had a more nakedly revealed quality, where every nuance was heard precisely. Low Bass impact was similar on both cables (great), but the Summit seemed to do midrange and high frequency dynamics better, with more subtle variations and nuances revealed.

Initially I had the Cryotweaks reversed from the way they were broken in, and still I liked them a lot.  The edges were rounded and the focus wasn't great, but there was an enveloping soundstage and it gave a warm emotional quality that I liked.

The Cryotweaks are between my pre and amp.  

Then I heard from Cryo that I had them reversed.

A quick change and listened to the same side of the LP for about the 5th time  :roll:   (America-Hearts) .  This time it was more focused and less warm.  There was much more in common with the Bolder Nitro/Summits than there was in contrast.  It sounds about halfway between the Nitro and the Summit.  No weakness's stand out.  So far it is a very nice cable and I'm looking forward to some more longer term thoughts on it.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #42 on: 15 Oct 2004, 11:44 pm »
Nice thing about balanced ic's is that they are never going in the wrong direction.   :lol:

Keep us posted on the ic.

George

eico1

« Reply #43 on: 16 Oct 2004, 12:25 am »
Quote from: zybar
Nice thing about balanced ic's is that they are never going in the wrong direction.   :lol:
George

How are balanced cables different than not-balanced in regards to directionality?

I actually don't get how single ended ics are directional, other than that some people think there is a technical issue as to which end the shield is connected with cables that have shields and are only connected at one end.

steve

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #44 on: 16 Oct 2004, 12:31 am »
Quote from: eico1
Quote from: zybar
George

How are balanced cables different than not-balanced in regards to directionality?

I actually don't get how single ended ics are directional, other than that some people think there is a technical issue as to which end the shield is connected with cables that have shields and are only connected at one end.

steve

I was more pointing out that balanced ic's can only physically connect one way...hence there is no possibility of having them connected in the "wrong" direction.

I wasn't actually getting into the "directionality" issue.

George

eico1

« Reply #45 on: 16 Oct 2004, 12:43 am »
Even after thinking twice before posting I didn't figure that out, and I use balanced cables every day...thanks.

steve

cryotweaks

• Funny name. Serious audio.
    • TweekGeek.com
« Reply #46 on: 22 Oct 2004, 02:45 pm »
Thanks to everyone for (temporarily) selling me out of cable!  I will have plenty more in stock this coming week.

There is only about a week left  before the price goes up to $549.  If you are even considering taking advantage of the 30-day trial, it would be wise to place your order before November 1.  

[/b]

cryotweaks

• TweekGeek.com
« Reply #47 on: 28 Oct 2004, 04:30 pm »
NEW cable is arriving today!  

Also, a reminder. The price will be going up to $549.00 per pair on Monday.  If you are at all interested, it would be wise to place your 30 day trial order before then.

Cheers!

Mike

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
« Reply #48 on: 28 Oct 2004, 11:24 pm »
Do yourself a favor and order just one pair. This is an outstanding interconnect.  Warning though , you will want to have your whole system connected once hearing these beauties. They just seem to do everything right.
  I've owned silver IC's before and just did not care for their light presentation but  these have authority in the bass with beautiful midrange and highs. Soundstage, these are champions in all weight divisions.
 If your budget allows before the price increase Nov 1 , it would be a wise decision.
 Just had to write to add my .02 cents on one remarkable cable.

Kindest Regards,
 Bill

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #49 on: 28 Oct 2004, 11:30 pm »
Quote from: Bill O'Connell
Do yourself a favor and order just one pair. This is an outstanding interconnect.  Warning though , you will want to have your whole system connected once hearing these beauties. They just seem to do everything right.
  I've owned silver IC's before and just did not care for their light presentation but  these have authority in the bass with beautiful midrange and highs. Soundstage, these are champions in all weight divisions.
 If your budget allows before the price increase Nov 1 , it would be a wise dec ...

What other ic's were you using prior to these?

I see you are listening to Aimee Mann, which album?  She is a great artist that most people never give a second thought to...

George

Mad DOg

« Reply #50 on: 28 Oct 2004, 11:42 pm »
Quote from: Bill O'Connell
 If your budget allows before the price increase Nov 1 , it would be a wise dec ...

i agree w/ bill's assessment...esp the one about replacing all other cables in the system w/ it... 8)

these have all the strengths of silver cables, but none of the sonic deficiencies of silver cables.

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
« Reply #51 on: 28 Oct 2004, 11:57 pm »
Hi George,
 The album is a variety of artists  CD Live sessions from KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic   The name of the Cd is "Rare on Air" Volume 2
  Volume 1 &3 are excellent also. Volume 4 is not one of my favorites but because the first 3 were so good I bought it. All live in studio rare recordings for sure with minimalist miking and usually always acoustic. Great stuff! Aimee Mann does the definitive version of " I've Had It" on number2.
  I tried once to wire my whole system about 7 years ago with Goertz silver on a pair of Tannoy Silver 15's with GRF Professional cabinets ( 8 foot folded horn) from Tannoy original blueprints. Did the cabs in Rosewood. Gorgeous. Just couldn't get them to sound right.  Maybe the drivers were to old. Gave up. Still a dual concentric guy at heart though.
 I've never had the all the same interconnects in my system at one time so I'm no expert  but putting in the Silver Mk11 just from my CD player to my MiniMax revealed a beautiful presentation  to the likes of which I never heard before. Was using the Belden 89259 for some time and the Silver interconnect I was using from CD player to preamp before the exchange I had thought was very good. The Cyrotweak Silver Mk2 put it to shame though.
 I have to run, sorry ran out of time .
 Later,
 Bill

cryotweaks

• TweekGeek.com
« Reply #52 on: 1 Nov 2004, 03:26 pm »
ENDING TODAY!!!