Check out MQN

wushuliu

Re: Check out MQN
« Reply #60 on: 29 Oct 2013, 06:05 pm »
It played one time almost immediately after wavfile was pasted into folder. It does not want to play now.
It sounded pretty good.
Scotty

That's a start anyway. I'm guessing you meant you moved the wav file to the mqn folder to see if that would help because as jkeny said you don't need to paste just copy then double click on mqn.bat. I think there is either a step that is being missed or the computer is blocking mqn from playing for some reason.

What's your PC setup and DAC?

*Scotty*

« Reply #61 on: 29 Oct 2013, 07:44 pm »
New Toshiba Satellite COREi7 2.4GHz Quadcore, Webroot Secure Anywhere, Malwarebytes,8G RAM. All programs require administrative permission to run, this has been granted for all mQN exe.s they can do anything they want.
Custom USB DAC 16/44.1 only, wasapi capable.
Programs that run WASAPI and play through DAC in WASAPI event mode successfully,
foobar
JRiver MC 19
PlayPcmWin
uLilith x64 build
Beats me what's going on. My favorite player at the moment is the uLilith x64 build. http://www.project9k.jp/download/uLilith/2013-10-16_x64Core2.7z
I will keep trying with mQN, I would like to able to try some of the other flavors and see what they sound like.
Scotty

jkeny

• Industry Participant
    • Modified Hiface USB Transports
« Reply #62 on: 29 Oct 2013, 07:48 pm »
I suggest you turn off/disable the "Secure anywhere" & "Malwarebytes" software

*Scotty*

« Reply #63 on: 29 Oct 2013, 08:12 pm »
Apparently,on my computer mQN is schizo and only runs when it wants to. I copied and pasted a file into it just a minute ago and hit BAT and it immediately started playing. Sounds good,its only competition is the uLilith player, extended listening will have to be done to decide which player has the edge in sound quality. Neither player has digititis, it comes down to ultimate resolution of low level detail and back of hall reflections as well as 3 dimensionality,ie how well does the sound fill the room and immerse you in the sound field. One other important criteria. How well do the speakers disappear into recreated sound-stage.
I hope the thing keeps working. :scratch:
Scotty

jkeny

• Industry Participant
« Reply #64 on: 29 Oct 2013, 08:16 pm »
Is it the same file as before that wouldn't play?
Is there a pattern - the same files always play & the same files always don't play, rather than random play/not play any file?

Are you using the MQN-special.bat I linked to which handles any files names with non-ascii characters in the name?

Try approaching this logically!!

*Scotty*

« Reply #65 on: 29 Oct 2013, 08:19 pm »
i am using MQN-special.bat, I will double check the wav file names foe non-ascii characters.
I haven't noticed a pattern yet as I have only had work 3 times so far.
Scotty

jkeny

• Industry Participant
« Reply #66 on: 29 Oct 2013, 08:23 pm »
i am using MQN-special.bat, I will double check the wav file names foe non-ascii characters.
I haven't noticed a pattern yet as I have only had work 3 times so far.
Scotty
If there is no pattern then it's not the filenames.
Then disable the malware & virus checking software

wushuliu

« Reply #67 on: 29 Oct 2013, 09:31 pm »
A new beta alternative is now available, maybe better luck with this version:

MQnLoad 0.9.13.1029 beta
As announced few weeks ago, here is a first beta version of MQnLoad.exe. It was developed by using Windows API only, as a native x64 application and has no runtime dependencies. It is small in size (<100Kb), very efficient and will be terminated as soon as the loading/configuration procedure has completed. MQnLoad is an alternative for MQn.bat.

With MQnLoad currently you can do the following:
a. Selecting one or more files to play
b. Selecting one or more folders to play
c. Selecting one or more files to add*
d. Selecting one or more folders to add*
e. Selecting one m3u playlist to play
f. Selecting one m3u playlist to add*
e. Automatic and hidden convertion of flac, m4a (Apple Lossless), wma and mp3 files
Therefore the appropriate decoders must be installed in "\Codecs" subdirectory (see below for more information)
f. Changing version of mqnplay.exe by dialog (current version is also shown)

*Due to the technical approach of MQn it is not possible to add files to running playback. Adding files means, that the selected files are marked as selected and are played as soon as the next play command is executed. This allows to play files, that are located in different folders, in one go.

Additionally you get the following advantages:
a. Cleaner installation directory, only mqnload.exe, mqncontrol.exe and mqnplay.exe only are needed to play wav files
(Some additionally needed files are created on-the-fly when using mqnload.exe)
b. Possibility to play or add files with different types in one go
c. Special letters of title names are displayed correctly in console window used by mqncontrol.exe
d. Replay the latest selection of files or folders without the need to reselect
e. Error dialog of Windows Error Reporting (werfault.exe) is closed automatically when next play command is executed
f. Hotkey support for playing or adding files from clipboard (F9=play / Ctrl+F9=add)
g. Context menu entry ("MQn") in Windows Shell
h. Display dialog for selecting mqnplay version and to set options by either "mqnload.exe -config" or by hotkey (Alt+Space)

Download: http://bit.ly/1is4g1J
Please read the contained Quick Start Guide for further information and let me know what you think!

Cheers, Christoph

jkeny

• Industry Participant
« Reply #68 on: 29 Oct 2013, 09:34 pm »
I think he should get it working with the simple version first before moving to another beta version. Whatever his problem is will hardly be solved by a new beta version of MQN.bat except by pure luck!!

*Scotty*

« Reply #69 on: 29 Oct 2013, 10:55 pm »
The wavfile has to get into file folder with the mQN components one way or another. One either drags and drops the files into the folder or copies and pastes the file into the folder. If one does not put the file into the folder how does it get played.
Scotty

wushuliu

« Reply #70 on: 29 Oct 2013, 10:57 pm »
The wavfile has to get into file folder with the mQN components one way or another. One either drags and drops the files into the folder or copies and pastes the file into the folder. If one does not put the file into the folder how does it get played.
Scotty

Ah. You don't paste the file. ONLY select copy, THEN double click mqn.bat. There is no pasting or moving the audio file. Just select copy.

jkeny

• Industry Participant
« Reply #71 on: 29 Oct 2013, 11:05 pm »
........ If one does not put the file into the folder how does it get played.
Scotty
The filename gets copied to the clipboard & MQN resolves it's location from there.
The file can be on networked storage on another computer on a network, MQN will work with it.

Please operate it according to what you are being told - we are trying to help you but you need to accept what you are being told & follow it.

jkeny

• Industry Participant
« Reply #72 on: 30 Oct 2013, 12:17 am »
I suspect that your mistake was that you might have done other copying after pasting the WAV file into the MQN folder. MQN looks at the filename in the clipboard & this will be the one that MQN attempts to play. Thinking that pasting the files in the folder was all that was needed, did you then do some other copies of files?

If this doesn't work for you again post here the contents of Files.txt & Param.txt that you find in the MQN folder.

*Scotty*

« Reply #73 on: 30 Oct 2013, 12:32 am »
When it played with copy and paste, the file path showed up in Parameters txt and File txt.
I will try not to help the program out by copying and then pasting the wavfile into the folder.
It is helpful to understand how the player finds the file, I was unaware the player could find go find the file just by my action of copying the file.
Scotty

nige2000

« Reply #74 on: 15 Jan 2014, 01:32 pm »
Did you ever get this going Scotty?

raysracing

« Reply #75 on: 18 Jan 2014, 03:56 am »
Man I cannot get this to lpay after reading two complete forums. All the checks I have performed. Grrr..

jkeny

• Industry Participant
« Reply #76 on: 18 Jan 2014, 02:32 pm »
Did you ever get this going Scotty?

Yea, it would be good to hear back - just a few impressions! 

jkeny

• Industry Participant
« Reply #77 on: 18 Jan 2014, 02:34 pm »
Man I cannot get this to lpay after reading two complete forums. All the checks I have performed. Grrr..

You would need to give some detail of what you are doing so that people can help you sort it out

raysracing

« Reply #78 on: 18 Jan 2014, 04:02 pm »
You would need to give some detail of what you are doing so that people can help you sort it out
I will give it another try this afternoon then I'll give specs, etc. of my machine, process.  It is a purpose built Win 7 music PC though. On another forum a guy has folders in Dropbox which I will use. Maybe I have some odd combo of play and command, etc. that don't work together.
I converted a play list to WAV and used that too. I cannot imagine the problem is with the source files? They played in Jriver after conversion just fine.

Here are the folders: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tw9i3e9dkky9j6q/Qe7aL08-jF

Thanks for offer to help.

jkeny

• Industry Participant
« Reply #79 on: 18 Jan 2014, 05:44 pm »
I will give it another try this afternoon then I'll give specs, etc. of my machine, process.  It is a purpose built Win 7 music PC though. On another forum a guy has folders in Dropbox which I will use. Maybe I have some odd combo of play and command, etc. that don't work together.
I converted a play list to WAV and used that too. I cannot imagine the problem is with the source files? They played in Jriver after conversion just fine.

Here are the folders: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tw9i3e9dkky9j6q/Qe7aL08-jF

Thanks for offer to help.
Ah, right you are on TirNaHifi & getting excellent advice from Nige - that's the best route