Check out MQN

mjock3

Re: Check out MQN
« Reply #40 on: 24 Oct 2013, 09:33 pm »
Does the screen at least flash momentarily? When you double click it.

And yes it is absolutely worth the trouble to get this running. You will be surprised what you have been missing.

this_is_vv

« Reply #41 on: 24 Oct 2013, 10:41 pm »
yes screen flash it....i know it is able to see the FILE sometime...but what am i missing...Btw my DAC is through USB...

V

mjock3

« Reply #42 on: 24 Oct 2013, 11:19 pm »
V,

I am looking at your screen shot, what is the 5th file from the top. I can't see clear enough, but I don't think it should be in the folder.

this_is_vv

« Reply #43 on: 24 Oct 2013, 11:22 pm »
V,

I am looking at your screen shot, what is the 5th file from the top. I can't see clear enough, but I don't think it should be in the folder.

When i run this..it is file that tells what files they saw in the copy part....it has generally all the names i coped to run in the MQn

V

wushuliu

« Reply #44 on: 24 Oct 2013, 11:29 pm »
When i run this..it is file that tells what files they saw in the copy part....it has generally all the names i coped to run in the MQn

V

Did you shut off any anti virus stuff?

this_is_vv

« Reply #45 on: 24 Oct 2013, 11:44 pm »
Did you shut off any anti virus stuff?

yes sir.. i did...even the firewall....
V

*Scotty*

« Reply #46 on: 25 Oct 2013, 02:23 am »
wushuliu, I followed your directions and it still won't come up and run. I even went into Properties, Security and Unblocked each exe.
I also followed the recommendation to set Pro Audio Background True.
Still no dice. It sure looks simple to setup but the devil must be somewhere in the details.
I am able to use PlayPcmWin which sounds pretty good.
http://code.google.com/p/bitspersampleconv2/wiki/PlayPcmWinEn
Scotty

wushuliu

« Reply #47 on: 25 Oct 2013, 07:59 am »
wushuliu, I followed your directions and it still won't come up and run. I even went into Properties, Security and Unblocked each exe.
Still no dice. It sure looks simple to setup but the devil must be somewhere in the details.
Scotty

Sorry Scotty, don't know what the issue could be for you guys. My guess is it's something simple but have no idea where to start.

wushuliu

« Reply #48 on: 25 Oct 2013, 08:56 am »
Scotty

Also tried out the PlayPcm for a bit. It's a nice player, kind of like Foobar but I do get some digititis with it. There are a lot of options so I'm sure I'm not wringing the best out of it. This also spurred me to try out MPC-HC which is a modified MediaPlayer Classic. I've always liked its presentation and I haven't used it in a while. Gave that a twirl. Still holds up very well.

That said Mqn is conservatively one to two notches higher to my ears. I'm doing my best to be restrained about my enthusiasm. We'll see how long that lasts.

jkeny

• Industry Participant
    • Modified Hiface USB Transports
« Reply #49 on: 25 Oct 2013, 12:02 pm »
Guys,
You should have 2 files created in your MQN folder when you try to run MQN - they are
Files.txt
Param.txt

The contents of both should be the full pathname of the WAV files you are trying to play.
Is this the case?

this_is_vv

« Reply #50 on: 26 Oct 2013, 08:32 am »
Guys,
You should have 2 files created in your MQN folder when you try to run MQN - they are
Files.txt
Param.txt

The contents of both should be the full pathname of the WAV files you are trying to play.
Is this the case?

Yes...

V

jkeny

• Industry Participant
« Reply #51 on: 26 Oct 2013, 08:19 pm »
Only a couple of possibilities for it not working:
- the right files not in the c:\musicplayer folder - copy the full set of latest files from here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tw9i3e9dkky9j6q/5LLCeTirBa/2.71%20intel
- Not playing 16/44 WAV files

jkeny

• Industry Participant
« Reply #52 on: 28 Oct 2013, 02:16 am »
Now working for anybody after following the above?

*Scotty*

« Reply #53 on: 28 Oct 2013, 03:23 am »
Downloaded all files listed above into folder labeled musicplayer on desktop. Dragged and dropped 16/44.1 wavfile into folder, double clicked MQn.BAT and still did not play. All exes were unblocked,player still crashes.
Scotty

jkeny

• Industry Participant
« Reply #54 on: 28 Oct 2013, 12:16 pm »
Is musicplayer on C: drive? Does this folder match the name of the location in the MQN.bat?
You don't have to drag & drop to MQN folder (no moving of files needed) - just right-click & copy WAV file (into clipboard), then run MQN.bat

jkeny

• Industry Participant
« Reply #55 on: 28 Oct 2013, 01:40 pm »
Oh, yes, one last thing - if your filename contains any accented or non-ascii characters, it will not work. I thought this was fixed in the past but I see now it has reverted.

Just try renaming the file to something simple with no odd characters & try again

Edit: Or better still use this MQN.bat instead https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzRUtXo0Yuj5aGZOcV9uQzFYYVU/edit?usp=sharing

*Scotty*

« Reply #56 on: 29 Oct 2013, 04:22 pm »
I have the black box on the desktop showing playback commenced,
File format 16bits 44.1
File load count 1
X- Exit:_
Black box is persistent,does not disappear.
No sound. USB DAC is set as default sound device. mqnplay.exe2,71intel raw, is not an executable file unless edited to mqnplay.exe. Is this the problem? If this edited to executable condition that will put two mqnplay.exe files in the same folder,is this a necessary condition for the player to function correctly?
Scotty

jkeny

• Industry Participant
« Reply #57 on: 29 Oct 2013, 05:06 pm »
Just replace the current exe with the new renamed one but if it isn't playing then maybe your dac doesn't work with wasapi

*Scotty*

« Reply #58 on: 29 Oct 2013, 05:19 pm »
It played one time almost immediately after wavfile was pasted into folder. It does not want to play now.
It sounded pretty good.
Scotty

jkeny

• Industry Participant
« Reply #59 on: 29 Oct 2013, 05:53 pm »
Told you before that you don't paste the file anywhere.
Don't know what you are doing, maybe it's just not for you?