Rating this season's quarterbacks . .

jimdgoulding

Rating this season's quarterbacks . .
« on: 19 Aug 2013, 06:31 pm »
Tony Romo.  Strong arm and very good delivery, but his decision making is about 7 out of 10 best case on average under pressure, and he is almost completely immobile.  That's one of the reasons he'll throw the ball up and risk interception.  He can't get out of the way of a defender's grasp.  I keep thinking Jerry Jones will make a play for that kid at Texas A&M when the time is right, but Romo will still have a couple years on his contract, I believe, and what team would pick him up?

Ohhh, Robin . . tis the season pretty soon now!

macrojack

• Restricted
Re: Rating this season's quarterbacks . .
« Reply #1 on: 19 Aug 2013, 08:21 pm »
You're sounding like a Romophobic Dallas fan, Jim. Hope only carries you so far in the NFL.
My team is the Broncos with Peyton Manning set to tear up the AFC again --- at least until the playoffs get underway. His problems may come from the other side of the ball again this year. Elway was sitting in the offseason with one of the best pass-rushing tandems in the league. He fumbled Dumervil away and now faces a mysterious 6+ game suspension for Von Miller.
This year it may all come down to who has the most first string survivors. I can't remember when so many playmakers were lost for the year before the season opener.
Anyway, I'll call for Seattle to beat Cincinnati in the Super Bowl. There now, you won't even have to watch the Cowboys since you know how it will all play out. No playoffs for Romo.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #2 on: 19 Aug 2013, 09:35 pm »
There now, you won't even have to watch the Cowboys since you know how it will all play out. No playoffs for Romo.
Some of us are drawn to Dallas games like watching a car wreck unfold in slow motion.  I grew up in Dallas, and still feel the addiction. 
MJ--I like the Seattle/Cincinnati picks.  Barring injury I can't see a more likely scenario.

Jimbo--- Romo not being mobile??? I agree with his propensity to make bonehead throws, but the guy can still weave and dodge.  This is from last season  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsZKf8BYWqY

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 19 Aug 2013, 10:39 pm »
Romo must have cell phone camera footage of Jerry Jones burying a body! :icon_twisted: :lol:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #4 on: 20 Aug 2013, 12:52 am »
I saw what Macro saw against his Broncos.  No wonder he likes Seattle.  I do, too, actually.  Big year for them I agree.  Scott, RG3 has nothin on Tony-the elusive one-Romo, I guess.   They ougtta put in some run option plays for him :roll:

I must be missin something . . Cincinnati?

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #5 on: 20 Aug 2013, 01:47 am »
Anybody here like crazy irony? The first game of the entire season is Baltimore at Denver. How weird would it be if Dumervil breaks through and takes Manning out for the year? That one would be on the Denver front office and the dummies who can't operate a fax machine.

While on the subject of Baltimore, I don't see a great QB in Joe Flacco. He's benefited from one of the best GMs in the NFL, a shutdown defense, and generous helpings of dumb luck.

Tonight's game? Sexy Rexy looks much better than Ruthlessgroper. Andy Dalton is the guy to watch.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #6 on: 20 Aug 2013, 01:54 am »
I saw what Macro saw against his Broncos.  No wonder he likes Seattle.  I do, too, actually.  Big year for them I agree.  Scott, RG3 has nothin on Tony-the elusive one-Romo, I guess.   They ougtta put in some run option plays for him :roll:

I must be missin something . . Cincinnati?
Romo isn't a runner like Vick or RG3, but he is mobile/elusive- for those of us old enough, think Tarkenton with better accuracy.  As far as Cincinnati, it's more a who's left standing type of thing.  Denver would be my other choice, but we'll see how their D holds up.  Brady has all new targets, most of which are mostly untested.  The Ravens are unlikely to repeat.  The Steelers are getting older. 

jimdgoulding

« Reply #7 on: 20 Aug 2013, 01:54 am »
You're sounding like a Romophobic Dallas fan, Jim. Hope only carries you so far in the NFL.
My team is the Broncos with Peyton Manning set to tear up the AFC again --- at least until the playoffs get underway. His problems may come from the other side of the ball again this year. Elway was sitting in the offseason with one of the best pass-rushing tandems in the league. He fumbled Dumervil away and now faces a mysterious 6+ game suspension for Von Miller.
This year it may all come down to who has the most first string survivors. I can't remember when so many playmakers were lost for the year before the season opener.
Anyway, I'll call for Seattle to beat Cincinnati in the Super Bowl. There now, you won't even have to watch the Cowboys since you know how it will all play out. No playoffs for Romo.
Once upon a time, I was a fan, but then came Jerry Jones.  Coach Jerry Jones. 

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #8 on: 20 Aug 2013, 02:26 am »
Unless Andy Reid earns Coach of the Year, the Bronkeys are a lock to win their division. They may even win a playoff game but, in the end, they still have John Fox as their head coach. No team has ever overcome that handicap.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #9 on: 20 Aug 2013, 03:18 am »
Romo must have cell phone camera footage of Jerry Jones burying a body! :icon_twisted: :lol:
Good one, Rob.

roscoeiii

« Reply #10 on: 20 Aug 2013, 01:22 pm »
It'll be neck and neck between Romo and Cutler for the top dog QB award.

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
« Reply #11 on: 20 Aug 2013, 02:32 pm »
Once upon a time, I was a fan, but then came Jerry Jones.

I grew up following the Cowboys and Browns but really loved the Cowboys. I disowned the Cowboys after how Jerry Jones treated Tom Landry who had more class in the hat he always wore than Jerry Jones has in his entire body. 

Only two preseason games but I have to say that Brandon Weedon looks completely different under Norv Turner.  Maybe the Browns can finally turn it around. 

Regards

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #12 on: 20 Aug 2013, 03:06 pm »
I'm looking forward to seeing Drew Brees this season, now that Sean Payton is back.

As for Payton Manning, he has a new target in Wes Welker. The only receiver with more receptions in a season than Welker is Marvin Harrison. This will be a fun tandem to watch.  :thumb:

Go Saints!

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #13 on: 20 Aug 2013, 03:51 pm »
Jerry - Brees did quite well without Payton if I remember correctly. The defense led the league in points surrendered, didn't they?

ajzepp

« Reply #14 on: 20 Aug 2013, 03:57 pm »
Tony Romo.  Strong arm and very good delivery, but his decision making is about 7 out of 10 best case on average under pressure, and he is almost completely immobile.  That's one of the reasons he'll throw the ball up and risk interception.  He can't get out of the way of a defender's grasp.  I keep thinking Jerry Jones will make a play for that kid at Texas A&M when the time is right, but Romo will still have a couple years on his contract, I believe, and what team would pick him up?

Hate to break it to you, Jim, but Romo just signed a huge deal a few months ago.

I'm probably one of the only Bills fans on the board here, but I'm pretty excited about the development of EJ Manuel so far. He's in the perfect system for his style and he's got coaches around him who will be able to develop him into a winner. On top of that, he's just a great kid...the kind of player you can root for and also be proud to have on your team.

He'll miss the last two preseason games after having his knee drained of fluid, but I expect it will be a minor setback.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but thank GOD football is back!!!

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
« Reply #15 on: 20 Aug 2013, 04:25 pm »
Peyton Manning is the only QB mentioned in this thread, that deserves to mentioned in the same breath with Tom "Terrific" Brady. :wink:

Doc

sharpsuxx

• "I guess live music is a healthy addiction." CT
« Reply #16 on: 20 Aug 2013, 04:34 pm »
I think Matt Ryan will follow up the disappointing year last year with a break out year this year, SJ39 is legit out of the backfield with that O-Line in both the running and passing game.  Having another grinder in the back field will free up the best receiving duo in football along with the ageless tony Gonzalez for career seasons.  I plan on taking him in the 2nd 3rd round in FFL this year.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #17 on: 20 Aug 2013, 04:37 pm »
Jerry - Brees did quite well without Payton if I remember correctly. The defense led the league in points surrendered, didn't they?

Shhhh... :shh:   This is a thread about quarterbacks.  :lol:

Seriously, though, Sean will have that piece fixed.  :thumb:

ajzepp

« Reply #18 on: 20 Aug 2013, 04:47 pm »
Peyton Manning is the only QB mentioned in this thread, that deserves to mentioned in the same breath with Tom "Terrific" Brady. :wink:

Doc

Tommy is truly special

ajzepp

« Reply #19 on: 20 Aug 2013, 04:49 pm »
I think Matt Ryan will follow up the disappointing year last year with a break out year this year, SJ39 is legit out of the backfield with that O-Line in both the running and passing game.  Having another grinder in the back field will free up the best receiving duo in football along with the ageless tony Gonzalez for career seasons.  I plan on taking him in the 2nd 3rd round in FFL this year.

Disappointing year? Last year was his best season by far.