I had a bad accident yesterday.

Danny Richie

I had a bad accident yesterday.
« on: 15 Apr 2013, 03:03 pm »
I am typing one handed again and it is slow going.

Yesterday in my first soccer game I was taken down hard from behind by the goal keeper. He hit me hard enough to knock my feet head high. I landed hard on my shoulder.

The good news is that the X-rays showed no broken bones. The bad news is that the damage is in the joint or ligaments. If I move wrong there are serious clunking noises and pops in the joint.

Pain level is a 1 or 2 if I am not moving and the shoulder is still. Pain level if I move wrong or in any way flex muscles in the shoulder is an 8 or a 9. Sometimes it feels like I am being stabbed.

Now I need to get in to see a surgeon and get a MRI.

SoCalWJS

Re: I had a bad accident yesterday.
« Reply #1 on: 15 Apr 2013, 03:10 pm »
Oh Danny! Take it easy and heal up.

Getting old sucks. I used to participate in a "touch" Football game every Thanksgiving morning with my BIL. Ended up being a head to toe bruise afterwards and gave that stuff up many years ago.

Hope the news is all good and nothing major is found on the MRI.

MaxCast

« Reply #2 on: 15 Apr 2013, 03:17 pm »
Yikes, hope all goes as well as it can possibly go.
Get well soon.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 15 Apr 2013, 03:22 pm »
Danny,
Hope the MRI results are minor!  Good luck!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 15 Apr 2013, 03:25 pm »
Hope your recovery.

Danny Richie

« Reply #5 on: 15 Apr 2013, 03:26 pm »
From the way things are popping and clunking around in there it is not likely to be good in any way.

I am going to have a family member help me out with order filling, but there could be some delay on some things. Everyone please be patient.

jparkhur

« Reply #6 on: 15 Apr 2013, 03:31 pm »
I need some sun.. I'll be down tomorrow to help    :thumb:   Please provide Celis and Shinner... I know, not you, for me..

JP

Danny Richie

« Reply #7 on: 15 Apr 2013, 03:40 pm »
The temperature hit 84 yesterday.  :D

jparkhur

« Reply #8 on: 15 Apr 2013, 03:41 pm »
The temperature hit 84 yesterday.  :D

It snowed last night...   no letting up until next week..  My SAD is in full overtime... uhhhh

Danny Richie

« Reply #9 on: 15 Apr 2013, 03:57 pm »
We are supposed to hit 83 today.

At least my desk chair (tilted back) is supporting me well, but I feel like I am kind of stuck here.

sl_1800

« Reply #10 on: 15 Apr 2013, 04:06 pm »
Danny last time I was down you said something about how much you enjoyed coaching soccer???  Coaches are on the side lines not in the game getting hurt!!!!!!  You have just under 3 weeks to heal up for Lone Star Audio Fest.

Philistine

« Reply #11 on: 15 Apr 2013, 04:10 pm »
I had a shoulder injury a few years ago, fell in the snow and jarred my shoulder trying to catch the fall, turns out the shoulder is a complicated joint.  I got fixed with a combination of cortisone shots and physio, it took a year to get back to normal and it hurt like crazy - swatting a fly with a towel had me almost in tears with the pain.  Luckily the MRI showed my rotator cuff wasn't torn.

I'd get it checked out asap and get the MRI done first in order to find out what the real issue is.

Good luck Danny.

Phil 

Danny Richie

« Reply #12 on: 15 Apr 2013, 04:12 pm »
Danny last time I was down you said something about how much you enjoyed coaching soccer???  Coaches are on the side lines not in the game getting hurt!!!!!!  You have just under 3 weeks to heal up for Lone Star Audio Fest.

I have been coaching and playing.

I think a really nice set of Super-7's are supposed to arrive here today that I will need to build out  for LSAF. That is going to be really challenging now.

ufokillerz

« Reply #13 on: 15 Apr 2013, 04:16 pm »
i swear i saw a similar thread by you not too long ago!

Danny Richie

« Reply #14 on: 15 Apr 2013, 04:17 pm »
I think a really nice set of Super-7's are supposed to arrive here today that I will need to build out  for LSAF.

I guess that cat is out of the bag. I am feeling  little iffy on it now though.

Danny Richie

« Reply #15 on: 15 Apr 2013, 04:20 pm »
i swear i saw a similar thread by you not too long ago!

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=114887.0

That one has healed nicely. I wish I could fix this one with Super glue.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #16 on: 15 Apr 2013, 04:31 pm »
An idea. 

Can you have a speaker building party at your place and direct some folks on what to do?   I bet some of your former students or DIY folks you taught might have a great time helping.   

I get down there on 1 May.  I can lend a hand. 

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
« Reply #17 on: 15 Apr 2013, 04:38 pm »
I have been coaching and playing.

I think a really nice set of Super-7's are supposed to arrive here today that I will need to build out  for LSAF. That is going to be really challenging now.

REALLY sorry to read this, Danny. Wish I could be there to help.

The Super-7's are at the service center in Witchita Falls right now. Looks like they're going to be delivered tomorrow.

Ruben

Ron

« Reply #18 on: 15 Apr 2013, 06:02 pm »
Danny,

I too am really sorry about your injury yesterday. Hope that surgery will not be required, but from what you are saying it doesn't sound good.
Take care of yourself and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Ron

soundofrockets

« Reply #19 on: 15 Apr 2013, 06:12 pm »
sorry to hear about the injury.  take it easy man.  you need to rest and recover.  i am glad i didn't call you last night either.  i don't have your number either.