Bryston and PMC Owners Club Meetup, March 16th @ HiFi Lounge!

Vipers

Re: Bryston and PMC Owners Club Meetup, March 16th @ HiFi Lounge!
« Reply #80 on: 15 Apr 2013, 07:03 pm »
Hey Kyri,

Thought I'd better check out the Exhibitors, blimey, can't believe how long the list is, just as well PMC have booked me to attend for 2 days, still think that will be a struggle to get round though.

Going on the trade day so hopefully that will be a little quieter, no Bryston on the list of exhibitors though which is a shame as Munich has got to be one of the biggest HiFi shows in the world today.

Are you sure you can't get out to help me try some of those Wonderful beers :)

saveloy

« Reply #81 on: 16 Apr 2013, 12:30 am »
Vipers,

Take a deep breath and don't forget to wear your comfy shoes.  I am tempted, of course.  But I'll be too busy unpacking and setting up at the new house. 
Now listen up - Augustiner, Paulaner, Hoffbrau, Erdinger.  Go forth & enjoy Sir. 

Kyri

Vipers

« Reply #82 on: 16 Apr 2013, 03:10 pm »
Thanks Mate, maybe next year :wink:

Don't worry we will be having the Fact 12's here as soon as humanly possible for your enjoyment with the 28's hopefully :thumb:

bobNL

• Some say he's a purist
« Reply #83 on: 18 Apr 2013, 09:48 pm »
Would really love to go to Munich, enjoy!
Would be interested in the sort of amplification needed for the Fact.12.
The Fact.8 thrives when driven by the B135, as you have mentioned a few times.
Would you really need the 28's to do them justice??

They look nice, just like the Fact.8 in fact.
Some feat if they managed to insert a midrange driver in this elegant box!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCIyCy-bju0 

Cheers Bob

BrysTony

« Reply #84 on: 18 Apr 2013, 10:36 pm »
 :drool:

Cheers Bob

:drool:

Tony

saveloy

« Reply #85 on: 19 Apr 2013, 11:44 am »

Cheers Bob

Bob,

I'm sure they won't need 28s, but can't see them not working well together. 
I'm running 1KW of amplification through my PMC 24s.  I can't use all of it, of course.  But the scale and ease with which dynamics are dealt with is very welcome.  So I'd love to hear what they can do with 7Bs.

Kyri

Vipers

« Reply #86 on: 22 Apr 2013, 07:25 pm »
Just got round to watching this video of the new Fact.12, if you look closely enough at the end at around 1.30 you can see the 3 way design with the dedicated mid that looks very similar to the 75mm soft dome mid in the IB's, MB's and BB's, that is certianly enough to get me a little hot under the collar, roll on Munich :thumb:

All being well I'll still have the 28's at HiFi Lounge so when I get my Fact.12's we can run them through all the Bryston options, 4B, 7B's and 28B's and we can throw the B135 in as well as that little integrated never fails to impress when on the Fact.8's.

So much to look forward to :)

Just as well you are moving closer Kyri, I feel we'll have a few late nights ahead of us as we thoroughly test the 12's, all in the name of research of course :roll:

saveloy

« Reply #87 on: 22 Apr 2013, 11:39 pm »
Just got round to watching this video of the new Fact.12, if you look closely enough at the end at around 1.30 you can see the 3 way design with the dedicated mid that looks very similar to the 75mm soft dome mid in the IB's, MB's and BB's, that is certianly enough to get me a little hot under the collar, roll on Munich :thumb:

All being well I'll still have the 28's at HiFi Lounge so when I get my Fact.12's we can run them through all the Bryston options, 4B, 7B's and 28B's and we can throw the B135 in as well as that little integrated never fails to impress when on the Fact.8's.

So much to look forward to :)

Just as well you are moving closer Kyri, I feel we'll have a few late nights ahead of us as we thoroughly test the 12's, all in the name of research of course :roll:

Vipers,

As soon as you hear them in Munich I want to know.  Email, text, twitter, televised documentary - I don't care. 
But I am serious: I demand the information without delay!

Kyri

Vipers

« Reply #88 on: 25 Apr 2013, 03:08 pm »
I'll do my best Kyri to update from the Show, saying that I really should try and look around at some other brands rather than just drooling over the Fact.12's all day.

You can rely on me though mate, you'll get it hot of the press  :wink:

saveloy

« Reply #89 on: 25 Apr 2013, 09:43 pm »
I'll do my best Kyri to update from the Show, saying that I really should try and look around at some other brands rather than just drooling over the Fact.12's all day.

You can rely on me though mate, you'll get it hot of the press  :wink:

Good man - thank you.  Go take a look at the Focal rooms; there was more than one last year.  I love looking at their Utopia mega floor standers.
And the room with the MASSIVE horns in it.  Can't recall where it was, but just mention horns & I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction.  The Triangle/Musical Fidelity room was nice. 
And don't forget the well stocked bar areas! 

Kyri

Vipers

« Reply #90 on: 27 Apr 2013, 09:21 am »
OK Mate, looking forward to seeing the McIntosh room also, hopefully it will be more elaborate that the display at Bristol this year.

Just got the new price list through from PMC, the Fact.12's are indeed £11,995 but what caught my eye is that they will be available in a soft, silk white, sounds gorgeous, should look well swanky in your new pad Kyri :wink:

bobNL

• Some say he's a purist
« Reply #91 on: 27 Apr 2013, 06:20 pm »
Although the price is "a bit steep", I guess the good news is that they are already included in the new price list.
Do you think shipping will start shortly after Munich?

Still very interested and hope they are as dynamic as the Fact8.
Can not get away with to loud listening levels.
If you could possibly have a look at the Vivid B1 (sort of the same price level), that would be interesting.

Wiedersehen Paul,

Bob

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #92 on: 27 Apr 2013, 06:27 pm »

A communique from the colonies, gents - what does the Fact 8 currently list at in UK for the sake of comparison? I currently own a pair and they're a delight but curiousity is getting the better of me...God give me strength to resist... :lol:

D.D.

rpmartins

« Reply #93 on: 27 Apr 2013, 07:14 pm »
I've just posted this on the BDP-2 thread, but as the BDP-2 and BDA-2 are going to be the stars of the show for our Bryston/PMC open day along with the SP3, 28B's and MB2 SE's I thought I'd post a couple of pics here, just finished formatting the solid state drive that I'm going to install internally and am now copying some music over ready for a good session this afternoon :)

Wonderful gear and rack.
Tired of having my Bryston equipment over schist slabs I asked a carpenter to build me a rack similar to yours in mahogany  :oops:

Hope you don´t mind.

saveloy

« Reply #94 on: 28 Apr 2013, 01:35 pm »
OK Mate, looking forward to seeing the McIntosh room also, hopefully it will be more elaborate that the display at Bristol this year.

Just got the new price list through from PMC, the Fact.12's are indeed £11,995 but what caught my eye is that they will be available in a soft, silk white, sounds gorgeous, should look well swanky in your new pad Kyri :wink:

Vipers,

WOW!  That's a ballsy price point.  On the flip side it's PMC & the fact (excuse the pun) that they have the confidence to pick that price point, means it must be one incredible speaker. 
I can't wait for your thoughts.

Kyri

Vipers

« Reply #95 on: 29 Apr 2013, 12:06 pm »
I only realised this morning that Munich is next week :green: and the launch of the fact.12, that came round quick, I spoke to PMC this morning, they are taking a few pairs of Fact.12's to Munich to show all the finishes, including the new Soft, Silk White finish, really can't wait to see that, I will make sure that my camera is fully charged and ready for action :)

bobNL

• Some say he's a purist
« Reply #96 on: 29 Apr 2013, 07:01 pm »
If only I were a SD card   :beer:

Vipers

« Reply #97 on: 30 Apr 2013, 01:04 pm »
Hey Bob, I've wanted to be a lot of things in my time, mainly a F1 driver, but never an SD card I have to say :)

Vipers

Just got my new 7B SST2's for demo, that will certainly make my MB2 SE's very happy :) saying that I have been running them off my 4B SST2 and to be honest they sounded amazing, I really didn't think that the 4B would be up to the job, just goes to show you should never under estimate the power of Bryston :thumb:

As many of you will already know, this coming weekend sees one of the worlds main HiFi shows take place in Munich and thanks to PMC Speakers, who are kindly flying me out for the launch of the Fact.12, I will be flying out tomorrow to sample all of its HiFi delights.
So the bag is packed, the camera charged, the alarm set for silly o’clock tomorrow morning, Munich here I come :D

Obviously for me the main attraction is the launch of PMC’s new Fact.12 speaker, running of a pair of 28B's, this should be very special indeed, especially as this is the first time that a variation of PMC’s fantastic mid range cone will be seen in a domestic speaker that will be extremely living room friendly, but I’m also going out to see what other brands take my eye, I have to say it is a shame that Bryston won't be there with the Model T's, I'd really love to hear a pair soon after all the great feedback I keep reading.

I’m really hoping that McIntosh, Audio Research, Krell and Martin Logan have a good showing, but as I’m really keen to bring a valve based brand on board at HiFi Lounge I’m also looking forward to checking out Copland as they have been recommended to me a few times and anything else that may take my eye that is valve based, and I’m pretty sure it goes without saying there will be some weird and wonderful turntables on show, can’t wait, although there could be far too many temptations making it a very dangerous place for a hifi enthusiast.

I will be back late Friday so I will do my best to update this blog asap with pictures and initial impressions of the FACT.12’s but also on any other HiFi kit that takes my fancy.

It’s all very exciting, Auf Wiedersehen  :)

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Just got my new 7B SST2's for demo, that will certainly make my MB2 SE's very happy :) saying that I have been running them off my 4B SST2 and to be honest they sounded amazing, I really didn't think that the 4B would be up to the job, just goes to show you should never under estimate the power of Bryston :thumb:

As many of you will already know, this coming weekend sees one of the worlds main HiFi shows take place in Munich and thanks to PMC Speakers, who are kindly flying me out for the launch of the Fact.12, I will be flying out tomorrow to sample all of its HiFi delights.
So the bag is packed, the camera charged, the alarm set for silly o’clock tomorrow morning, Munich here I come :D

Obviously for me the main attraction is the launch of PMC’s new Fact.12 speaker, running of a pair of 28B's, this should be very special indeed, especially as this is the first time that a variation of PMC’s fantastic mid range cone will be seen in a domestic speaker that will be extremely living room friendly, but I’m also going out to see what other brands take my eye, I have to say it is a shame that Bryston won't be there with the Model T's, I'd really love to hear a pair soon after all the great feedback I keep reading.

I’m really hoping that McIntosh, Audio Research, Krell and Martin Logan have a good showing, but as I’m really keen to bring a valve based brand on board at HiFi Lounge I’m also looking forward to checking out Copland as they have been recommended to me a few times and anything else that may take my eye that is valve based, and I’m pretty sure it goes without saying there will be some weird and wonderful turntables on show, can’t wait, although there could be far too many temptations making it a very dangerous place for a hifi enthusiast.

I will be back late Friday so I will do my best to update this blog asap with pictures and initial impressions of the FACT.12’s but also on any other HiFi kit that takes my fancy.

It’s all very exciting, Auf Wiedersehen  :)

Take lots of pictures please. :bounce:

james