Bryston and PMC Owners Club Meetup, March 16th @ HiFi Lounge!

Vipers

Re: Bryston and PMC Owners Club Meetup, March 16th @ HiFi Lounge!
« Reply #60 on: 21 Mar 2013, 08:10 pm »
Good to see you AGAIN today alpha, twice in a few days, I think it is fair to say that you are truly a fully qualified Bryston/PMC junkie :wink:

You are right though, it wasn't subtle was it? the 28's on the MB2 SE's really kick the 7's into next week.

I need to do some sums but as I'm going to be in the market for some new amps after the weekend I don't think the 7's will satisfy me as they used to now that I've heard the 28's.

Also like you said, if I want to really show off what Bryston and PMC are all about to potential customers then the MB2 SE's really do need the 28's.

I'm Ruined, again :roll:

saveloy

« Reply #61 on: 22 Mar 2013, 02:28 pm »
Good to see you AGAIN today alpha, twice in a few days, I think it is fair to say that you are truly a fully qualified Bryston/PMC junkie :wink:

You are right though, it wasn't subtle was it? the 28's on the MB2 SE's really kick the 7's into next week.

I need to do some sums but as I'm going to be in the market for some new amps after the weekend I don't think the 7's will satisfy me as they used to now that I've heard the 28's.

Also like you said, if I want to really show off what Bryston and PMC are all about to potential customers then the MB2 SE's really do need the 28's.

I'm Ruined, again :roll:

I knew it.  I just knew it!

Kyri

Vipers

« Reply #62 on: 28 Mar 2013, 10:58 pm »
I knew it.  I just knew it!

Kyri

You were there Saveloy, if anyone should understand then your the man, if I remember rightly you were pretty impressed yourself.

I think a pair of 28's will sit very nicely in that new home of yours :wink:

saveloy

« Reply #63 on: 29 Mar 2013, 01:00 pm »
You were there Saveloy, if anyone should understand then your the man, if I remember rightly you were pretty impressed yourself.

I think a pair of 28's will sit very nicely in that new home of yours :wink:

You're going to bankrupt me.  The funny thing is that I might just let you!  The 28B SST² is stunning!

Kyri

Alpha10

« Reply #64 on: 29 Mar 2013, 03:11 pm »

You're going to bankrupt me.  The funny thing is that I might just let you!  The 28B SST² is stunning!

Kyri

Go on Kyri, you know you want to  :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

Just make sure they have blue LEDs  :wink:

saveloy

« Reply #65 on: 29 Mar 2013, 03:27 pm »
Go on Kyri, you know you want to  :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

Just make sure they have blue LEDs  :wink:

HaHa, yes.  After hearing Viper's thoughts on the USB output I'm going to have to upgrade to the BDP-2/BDA-2 combo, as well.  Oh boy....

Kyri

Alpha10

« Reply #66 on: 29 Mar 2013, 03:40 pm »
HaHa, yes.  After hearing Viper's thoughts on the USB output I'm going to have to upgrade to the BDP-2/BDA-2 combo, as well.  Oh boy....

Kyri

Having gone back and forth, I actually still prefer the AES output over the USB on the BDP2/BDA2, less sterile to me, but that is personal taste. It is difficult when you are in a different environment, I would have to give it a go at home, but I am not sure I like the recessed sound stage of the BDA2, could just be that I am SO used to my BDA1, like most blokes I do not regularily embrace change  :duh:

Cheers

Vipers

Personally I think its great to have the choice of AES, USB and SPDIF as all offer slightly different presentations, but 9/10 times I go with USB, I just love its clarity and transparency, but I can see Alpha's point as the AES is more organic, I guess it depends what you like, if you have a BDP-2/BDA-2 combo you can have the best of all worlds :wink:

Well guys, you may be shocked to read this, and it certainly wasn't an easy decision, I can count on one finger the amount of times that I have been this sensible but I've decided to go with another pair of 7B's for demo instead of 28's for now, shocking I know.

The decision was helped by the fact that PMC have said that I can keep their 28's here for the foreseeable future, one of the perks of being a dealer :) going forward though now that I've spent quite a bit of time with the 28's I know that I won't be happy till I have a pair for myself as long term I would like to have the 4B, 7B's and 28B's on permanent demo.

It's always nice to have something to aim for.

Vipers

Kyri

Credit card machine is on and ready mate :wink:

Being the great mate that you are Kyri I'm sure you would like to help me reach my goal of 28's on permanent demo, how about if you buy a pair so will I :thumb:

saveloy

Credit card machine is on and ready mate :wink:

Being the great mate that you are Kyri I'm sure you would like to help me reach my goal of 28's on permanent demo, how about if you buy a pair so will I :thumb:

How funny is this?  Having ruled out the 28s for now, I'm sat at home staring at my system wondering if I can incorporate a pair of 7Bs.  One way or another you are going to own my credit card, Mr Clark!

Kyri

Vipers

Hey Kyri, If you order the 7B's now they should be here just in time for the Fact 12's :wink:

saveloy

Hey Kyri, If you order the 7B's now they should be here just in time for the Fact 12's :wink:

And then there's the BDP-2/BDA-2 combo.  With blue LEDs, of course......

Kyri

BrysTony

Fact 12?  Any news?

Tony

saveloy

Fact 12?  Any news?

Tony

Nothing more to report.  Only a month to go before they debut at the Munich High End Show.  I actually have a VIP pass to attend, but I'm not going to go this year. 
Keep an eye on the PMC site for updates.

Kyri

Vipers

I've got my name down for the first production pair :)

I was hoping to have a Fact 12 evening asap as soon as the speakers touched down back in the UK from Munich but as they are going to be a pre-production pair understandably PMC were'n't too keen so will now have the event as soon as I get my pair if not before, I really can't wait as they promise to be something very special, although not cheap, but hey, it's only money eh Kyri :icon_twisted:

saveloy

I've got my name down for the first production pair :)

I was hoping to have a Fact 12 evening asap as soon as the speakers touched down back in the UK from Munich but as they are going to be a pre-production pair understandably PMC were'n't too keen so will now have the event as soon as I get my pair if not before, I really can't wait as they promise to be something very special, although not cheap, but hey, it's only money eh Kyri :icon_twisted:

Yep, and on the upside it won't cost me much in fuel to get to you!

Kyri

Vipers

Yep, and on the upside it won't cost me much in fuel to get to you!

Kyri

Hey Kyri, I have to admit you've got to be the ultimate customer, moving house just to be closer to your friendly PMC/Bryston dealer :wink:

Here's some cracking news, looks like I'm off to Munich for the High End Show with PMC for the launch of the Fact 12's, so watch this space for some breaking news once I've heard them, to say I'm slightly excited is a huge understatement, it's moments like this that make me realise that a career change from printing was definitely a good idea :)

saveloy

Hey Kyri, I have to admit you've got to be the ultimate customer, moving house just to be closer to your friendly PMC/Bryston dealer :wink:

Here's some cracking news, looks like I'm off to Munich for the High End Show with PMC for the launch of the Fact 12's, so watch this space for some breaking news once I've heard them, to say I'm slightly excited is a huge understatement, it's moments like this that make me realise that a career change from printing was definitely a good idea :)

Good man!!  Congratulations on the trip - take a GPS device, because the venue is huge.  You need 2 days to get through it with any sense of completion.  Can't wait for your thoughts once you are back. 
Needless to say I'll be sat on your door step with wallet in hand.  The Fact 12s will need to be made of babies in order for me to refuse the purchase.

Roll on May.......Woooo and a lot of Hoooooooo

Kyri

Vipers

Thanks Kyri, shame you are not attending this year, it would have been good to hook up, it will certainly be interesting to venture out of the UK for a HiFi Show, I'd imagine it is going to be a little more interesting than Bristol :roll:

There certainly seems to be a lot of people quite excited about the Fact 12's, I guess its the possibility of that big PMC sound in a Fact Cabinet, I think the dedicated Mid is going to be something a bit special though.

One thing is for certain, I'm going to need to get some drinking practice in before heading out to Munich with PMC though :roll:

saveloy

Augustiner Hellas.  Don't come home without trying a few jugs of this wonderful beer. 
You'll enjoy the show, I'm sure.  Just don't expect or even try to see all of it. 

Kyri