What Power Cord are you using with the BDP1?

terrycym

Re: What Power Cord are you using with the BDP1?
« Reply #60 on: 17 May 2012, 12:50 pm »
No, the results matched what was expected. Not to mention, the BDP-1 is a digital

You've lost me completely now mate, I know about such stuff as the DCS Wadia & Accuphase systems that have seperate transports and DACs but the BDP-1 is a computer in a Bryston box.

DOES A POWER CORD MAKE A DIFFERENCE WHEN ATTACHED TO A COMPUTER OUTPUTING SPDIF AUDIO?

Not dac, preamp, transport or amplifier but a COMPUTER?
 :wave:

Sasha

« Reply #61 on: 17 May 2012, 01:09 pm »
You've lost me completely now mate, I know about such stuff as the DCS Wadia & Accuphase systems that have seperate transports and DACs but the BDP-1 is a computer in a Bryston box.

DOES A POWER CORD MAKE A DIFFERENCE WHEN ATTACHED TO A COMPUTER OUTPUTING SPDIF AUDIO?

Not dac, preamp, transport or amplifier but a COMPUTER?
 :wave:
If you do not mind me jumping in, in theory it may influence the amount of jitter / its spectre / phase noise in the signal, but I highly doubt it is of any significance if we consider that BDP-1 is not your typical computer, that power and electrical noise related issues were well addressed, and if we assume we are talking about well designed power cable (not some contraption deliberately made to alter performance).
So extremely unlikely.

werd

« Reply #62 on: 17 May 2012, 01:50 pm »
I have a BDA-1 and found several make a nice improvement (as almost any decent aftermarket cable will over stock). I have used VH Audio Flavor 4, Signal Cable Magic and a company called "Ear to Ear", all with good results but my current favorite by far is an "8G American" from a company called Triode Wire Labs (TWL). Wow. Much deeper richer tone...a more natural and organic overall ease of presentation and so much more lifelike...you will never go back to stock and I'm quite certain almost anyone who believes their ears (even in totally random testing...and I mean RANDOM ) will hear it too. Good luck.

My wywires are like that. My harmonix x-dc1 is completely opposite though. Cleans up any hash considerably over stock cable and pretty much any thing else.
Highly recommended if you like a wide open soundstage, takes that extra layer of noise off that builds up around the instruments. Lots of air.

acadie

« Reply #63 on: 24 Oct 2012, 01:59 pm »
I use a LessLoss Signature AC cord.  The unit is plugged in to a Weizhi passive power unit.  And i have an Isotek Syncro from the Weizhi to the outlet.

Does it sound better than the stock cord? Probably but I haven't use stock cord since I started using after market AC cord. I've had LessLoss products on all my components for the last 5 yrs.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #64 on: 25 Oct 2012, 04:07 pm »
   Wether it be solid engineering practices or not why then do wire companies make different wire. Specifications of wire are related to the application.
    In the case of Triode Wire Labs the wire used was engineered by GE to use as a power wire for audio applications. The annealing process as well as its material and overall  construction was chosen for a reason.
    Good enough for GE good enough for me. This should not be a debate as to whom is right or wrong. If one hears a difference why would another rain on that parade. What are to you trying to prove ?
    I say live and let live. Now as far as blind testing is concerned the pressure of selecting the correct cable puts undue pressure on the listener to be right. We have conducted several blind tests in our club setting. Talk about nerves oye !!
     At the end of the day all that matters is personal choice. Nothing to prove. BTW did anyone here experience the MIT cable demo at RMAF ?? An eye opener for sure.

charles