upgrade/update BDP for larger hdd sizes?

uncouth

Re: upgrade/update BDP for larger hdd sizes?
« Reply #140 on: 5 Feb 2012, 01:01 am »
It's connected directly to the back USB port. The 3TB is obviously self-powered, so I have it stored in the back where's it better hidden from view. Again, the only hiccup is the startup time due to the long update.

Does the BDP-1 scan the entire drive on each boot? It seems to do that with the new HDD. Never noticed that before with the two 500GB drives and the 250GB SSD.

How do you connect the Wd to your Bdp1? through its usb interface directly, or via another pc/mac and the network?

Marius

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #141 on: 5 Feb 2012, 01:56 am »
It's connected directly to the back USB port. The 3TB is obviously self-powered, so I have it stored in the back where's it better hidden from view. Again, the only hiccup is the startup time due to the long update.

Does the BDP-1 scan the entire drive on each boot? It seems to do that with the new HDD. Never noticed that before with the two 500GB drives and the 250GB SSD.

Hi

It will REMEMBER the attached library when it turns off.  When it restarts it will show UPDATING but it is only looking for changes in the library - you can use the loaded library immediately.

james

uncouth

« Reply #142 on: 5 Feb 2012, 04:46 am »
Thanks James, understood. Weird thing is that trying to access any of the existing library with MPAD leads to an error. I'll turn the BDP-1 on, it'll say updating as it's looking for changes, and using MPAD I'll try browse for a folder, and MPAD won't see any content until I wait for the update to finish and reload local cache. Likely error with MPAD? Will have to try another interface and test tomorrow.

Hi

It will REMEMBER the attached library when it turns off.  When it restarts it will show UPDATING but it is only looking for changes in the library - you can use the loaded library immediately.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #143 on: 5 Feb 2012, 04:49 am »
Thanks James, understood. Weird thing is that trying to access any of the existing library with MPAD leads to an error. I'll turn the BDP-1 on, it'll say updating as it's looking for changes, and using MPAD I'll try browse for a folder, and MPAD won't see any content until I wait for the update to finish and reload local cache. Likely error with MPAD? Will have to try another interface and test tomorrow.

That is strange - not sure on that one.

James