DIY Amps for NX-Oticas

mkrawcz

Re: DIY Amps for NX-Oticas
« Reply #200 on: 18 May 2022, 10:05 pm »
In case anyone is interested, I built this Akitika GT-102 amp a few weeks back. It’s been connected to my NX-Studios since. It’s a wonderful sounding amp. Very musical with a touch of warmth. Hard to believe it sounds this good at its price point and such a complete kit.

Jaytor

« Reply #201 on: 18 May 2022, 10:29 pm »
Vishay MELF. I didn't like the descriptors Arek used for the other resistor choices. I was aiming for neutral with very little color. In hindsight, I wish I went with a through hole resistor board so I could try out more exotic resistors.

I was wondering why the board seemed small.  :duh: I didn't realize they made one with surface mount resistors.

In case anyone is interested, I built this Akitika GT-102 amp a few weeks back. It’s been connected to my NX-Studios since. It’s a wonderful sounding amp. Very musical with a touch of warmth. Hard to believe it sounds this good at its price point and such a complete kit.

Nice clean build. Those little chip amps do a pretty impressive job.

mkrawcz

« Reply #202 on: 18 May 2022, 10:37 pm »
Jaytor, Dan is having trouble getting the LM3886 chips right now, so he is working on a discrete MOSFET replacement for them.  That may be an interesting mod to this.