Packaged deal on the servo subs with cabinets!

Danny Richie

Re: Packaged deal on the servo subs with cabinets!
« Reply #60 on: 1 Apr 2009, 05:16 pm »
So would the 12" servo sub suffer from a corner location behind listener recliner?

The corner will increase its loading of the room just like any other sub. However, the control system built into this amp will allow you to make the necessary adjustments needed to eliminate a lot of room gain problems, especially the A370PEQ amp.

brother love

« Reply #61 on: 1 Apr 2009, 06:12 pm »
Thanks Danny. Much appreciated.  :thumb:

I will check my room dimensions to see if I can accomodate your 12" servo sub for front location near mains u/n plasma.

Danny Richie

« Reply #62 on: 2 Apr 2009, 07:09 pm »
What would be the freight to Malaysia ? Your last arrangement for  OB5 freight to Malaysia is more affordable than UPS services and delivery is prompt.

$390.55 using USPS and with insurance. Keep in mind that this stuff is fairly heavy.

kp93300

« Reply #63 on: 6 Apr 2009, 01:40 am »

What would be the freight to Malaysia ? Your last arrangement for  OB5 freight to Malaysia is more affordable than UPS services and delivery is prompt.

$390.55 using USPS and with insurance. Keep in mind that this stuff is fairly heavy.

Hi Danny,
I think it would be more cost effective to build the cabinet locally.
Thanks
kp93300

brother love

« Reply #64 on: 6 Apr 2009, 11:46 am »
brother love, did you ever (or do you now) live in Indiana?

Thanks

No. I'm from East Tennessee. "brother love" is a nickname given to me by co-workers (my last name has love in it).

Back to regular scheduled programming ...

Is this DIY kit very extensive, ie. lots of soldering, etc.?  I can do some minor soldering, but not up to a science project.  :green:

sts9fan

« Reply #65 on: 6 Apr 2009, 11:55 am »
four clips and 8 screws

brother love

« Reply #66 on: 6 Apr 2009, 12:19 pm »
four clips and 8 screws

Thanks sts9fan. Couple more questions from you, if I may...

How heavy is this sub?  What are your impressions of it music & home theater-wise?

Wow, this is getting more tempting by the minute. I know I have to hurry w/ a April 10 drop dead date.

sts9fan

« Reply #67 on: 6 Apr 2009, 12:48 pm »
I listen to moves thought the build in TV speakers so I am not the one to ask about that.  For music it has been fantastic.  Extremely enjoyable.
Its not super heavy and the driver and cab ship separately so getting it in the house was no problem. 
For under $600 to my door I could not have hoped for more.

brother love

« Reply #68 on: 6 Apr 2009, 01:07 pm »
If I'm looking correctly, fully assembled sub is 80#: http://www.rythmikaudio.com/F12G_specs.html

So do warranties for driver & amp as well as 30 day return policy apply in this case ?

I realize music is far more demanding of the two, but any comments re: home theater use w/ this sub (& servo subs in general) ?

Thanks for further enlightenment on the subject ...

rythmik

• Industry Participant
    • Rythmik Audio
« Reply #69 on: 7 Apr 2009, 01:15 am »
If I'm looking correctly, fully assembled sub is 80#: http://www.rythmikaudio.com/F12G_specs.html

So do warranties for driver & amp as well as 30 day return policy apply in this case ?

I realize music is far more demanding of the two, but any comments re: home theater use w/ this sub (& servo subs in general) ?

Thanks for further enlightenment on the subject ...

I cannot provide the same warranty to both kit customers and to the fully assembled sub customers. That will not be fair to the latter. It is hard to justify why they pay more and get the same components. The warranty on the amp is 1 year for kits. There is no 30 day return policy in this case unless the driver is not mounted at all or we have completely misrepresent what the products are.  30 days home audition offer is only good with fully assembled subwoofers.   

BTW, in order to be fair to both kit customers and assembled kit customers, we will not sell enclosures with kits in the future. I can understand why customers get confused when I do that. So if you would like to get enclosures, act fast this week.  After Friday, the only way to get our enclosures is to buy fully assembled subwoofers.   

dvenardos

« Reply #70 on: 7 Apr 2009, 03:54 am »
I cannot provide the same warranty to both kit customers and to the fully assembled sub customers. That will not be fair to the latter. It is hard to justify why they pay more and get the same components.

:scratch: They are paying to have it fully assembled. I can certainly understand not having the 30 day return policy, but why should the warranty be any different just because you are buying a kit?

Danny Richie

« Reply #71 on: 9 Apr 2009, 04:32 pm »
One more day left on this sale.

brother love

« Reply #72 on: 9 Apr 2009, 08:07 pm »
Well I just took the plunge into the deep end & ordered this puppy up!  :thumb:

I wasn't planning on spending this much for sub upgrade, but this deal was just too good to pass up...

Was fortunate to talk to Danny when I placed the order.  I talked w/ him some about upgrading monitors l/r/c. It was a real honor talking to loudspeaker royalty!

PS, be sure & include me some screws w/ that fine 12" sub of yours. :green:

Thanks!

TRADERXFAN

• Trillions will vanish... it's a debt blackhole.
    • GALLERY
« Reply #73 on: 9 Apr 2009, 08:17 pm »
Just a bit of encouragement for any fence sitters... this subwoofer system is really worth the money -if you care at all about quality.  The quality is so much better than my SVS was, which I had thought was great...

-Tony

Danny Richie

« Reply #74 on: 10 Apr 2009, 05:37 pm »
Last day to order....

brother love

« Reply #75 on: 15 Apr 2009, 01:38 pm »
My 12” GR Research sub w/ Rythmik enclosure & amp arrived Tuesday after I had just ordered it on Thursday afternoon! The GR Research subwoofer quality is impressive. I ogled it for some time before attaching to cabinet.  Amp was substantial w/ lots of tweaking options. Enclosure seemed well braced, solid. Oak vinyl finish average, but sub is going behind my recliner anyways, so who cares (better veneer/ finish would put it out of my price range). The install took no time & I was up & running within 30 minutes.

After listening for 30 min. & making adjustments, I ran Audyssey calibration from my Denon avr-1909. When the 75 dB signal was fed to the 12” sub, I couldn’t believe how high up the range this sub went!  Hell, I thought something was rattling within the sub at first, but realized I was just hearing some of the signals mid range sound. Audyssey set crossover @ 80 Hz for sub & 100 Hz for my modest l/r/c Paradigm Cinema 110 speakers (only (2) 4-1/2” drivers per spkr.). My room is 11' x 18' x 8' w/ lots of door openings. Sub level was not even set to halfway, maybe 10 o'clock & Audyssey still set sub level @ -10.5 dB!  I bumped it up to -6 dB to enjoy bottom end more (Hey, I've been @ 40 Hz w/ 10" sub for awhile now, so I was craving me some bass).

Of course I need to break-in the amp & exercise the sub cone more as well as maneuver cabinet in room to fully realize best results, but here are my initial impressions…

First off, this sub is super quick, detailed & clean, no muddy/sloppy bass whatsoever. I’ve previously owned a pair of 15” subs, a 12” w/ 10” passive & a 10”; & auditioned many a friends & salon sub. Comparisons are not even close. Danny did not exaggerate when he said how great this sub is. This thing is remarkable. Very musical. I played several reference CD’s w/ some deep bass & my jaw dropped. I didn’t put a meter to it, but deep extension & well balanced to my Paradigm mains/ center/ surround speakers.

I turned down the volume several times when my wife passed by, & to my surprise lower frequencies were still heard! How do they do that!

My biggest surprise was the improvement in dialogue from a couple HD-broadcast shows last night. Often dialogue on NCIS was difficult to pick up from my small center & 10” Paradigm sub. With the 12” servo sub added, it was far more detailed, fuller & discernible. My wife even commented on it. Several times I hopped over to hear how much vocals, particularly male voices, emanated from the sub.

So I just wanted to thank Danny & Brian for offering some of us more frugal audiophiles the opportunity to acquire such a great performing sub for a deep discount. I can’t wait to listen more tonight after work!

laulau

« Reply #76 on: 15 Apr 2009, 11:17 pm »
Sounds like the start of great relationship.  Please keep us updated on your impressions.

I just wish the special offer had been extended another week for those of us who wait to the last day to do our taxes!

2bigears

« Reply #77 on: 15 Apr 2009, 11:45 pm »
:D Danny,do you hear the wind,,,,repeat offer for the procrastinators..... :D

Danny Richie

« Reply #78 on: 16 Apr 2009, 03:31 pm »
Well, that sale was good to bring in to attention and feedback to these great subs, but came about to move inventory of Honey Oak enclosures and the smaller A300 amps.

The bad part was that it did not make Brian's (Rythmik Audio) other commercial client very happy as he could not sell at those price points. That was the reason for the limited time only offer.

I might do something else though in a few more weeks that might be really sweet like this. I can't say yet though.

persisting1

« Reply #79 on: 18 Apr 2009, 01:18 am »
Well, that sale was good to bring in to attention and feedback to these great subs, but came about to move inventory of Honey Oak enclosures and the smaller A300 amps.

The bad part was that it did not make Brian's (Rythmik Audio) other commercial client very happy as he could not sell at those price points. That was the reason for the limited time only offer.

I might do something else though in a few more weeks that might be really sweet like this. I can't say yet though.

Will those who picked up this deal be jealous of the new one?