TomS

Re: Favorite Tube Integrated
« Reply #102 on: 30 Oct 2020, 09:53 pm »
A tad expensive for most of us mortals. :duh:
There is that, however it is sure a nice piece  :thumb:

Big Red Machine

« Reply #103 on: 31 Oct 2020, 06:46 pm »
I wish. They have astounded me at every audio show I’ve gone to. They were paired with a pair of Harbeth’s one year and I couldn’t leave the room. I’ve never heard them sound bad. Amps and phono pre’s.
I’ve heard the Ravens several times, as well. They always sound really good. I’ve only heard them through their own speakers, but it all sounded good.
Don’t overlook McIntosh, especially for the higher power tube stuff. Really magical sounding.

The Rogers do not outright claim power ratings so for those who really need to know if they have enough poop......?

Do we extrapolate between their numbers, expect at least the minimum noted or do they run near the max values?

"25 Watt output, 50 Watts peak"

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #104 on: 31 Oct 2020, 09:13 pm »
The Rogers do not outright claim power ratings so for those who really need to know if they have enough poop......?

Do we extrapolate between their numbers, expect at least the minimum noted or do they run near the max values?

"25 Watt output, 50 Watts peak"

If you are referring to the Rogers 65v here is the Stereophile measurements comment:

An EL34 tube operated as a single-ended triode is not going to be able to deliver much power, and fig.5 indicates that, with our usual definition of clipping—ie, when the percentage of THD+noise reaches 1%—the Rogers clipped at just 270mW into 8 ohms. Relaxing the definition to 3% allowed the 65V-1 in triode mode with EL34s to deliver 2.275W into 8 ohms and into 4 ohms (fig.6), the amplifier clipped at 1.6W (1% THD+N), 4.15W (3%), and 8W (10%). More power was available in Ultralinear mode, both with EL34s (fig.7) and KT88s (fig.8), where a THD+N of 3% was reached at a respective 5.5W and 6W into 8 ohms. But the Rogers 65V-1 is undoubtedly a low-power, high-distortion design. Worried that our review sample may have been faulty, I checked the measurements that Rogers's Roger Gibboni had included; I am confident that my measurements characterize this unit's behavior.