Crown XLS- for the rest of us!

barrows

• Industry Participant
Re: Crown XLS- for the rest of us!
« Reply #720 on: 14 Dec 2014, 02:07 am »
That seems odd: why would a cryogenic treating service not want to be known?
In any case, all cryo treating is not equal.  I would love to know of folks experiences with different cryo treating services for audio stuff: cables, outlets, components, etc.  I am looking for a good cryo treater myself.  Of course this might be worth its own thread...

roscoeiii

« Reply #721 on: 14 Dec 2014, 02:11 am »
Definitely can spend more on ones speakers with the savings of money . got to like that !

That's my stance. SPEND ON SPEAKERS. At this point there are so many great DACs and amps at killer prices. And nothing makes a bigger difference than speakers.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #722 on: 14 Dec 2014, 02:17 am »
That seems odd: why would a cryogenic treating service not want to be known?
In any case, all cryo treating is not equal.  I would love to know of folks experiences with different cryo treating services for audio stuff: cables, outlets, components, etc.  I am looking for a good cryo treater myself.  Of course this might be worth its own thread...

I'll let Ozarktom decide if his identity should be known. It's not his primary business, meaning he doesn't advertise specifically " hey send me your stuff I'll cryo it" kind of thing. So I didn't want to be the one to give him more cryo orders than he may care for., I guess. :dunno:

OzarkTom

« Reply #723 on: 14 Dec 2014, 03:25 am »
I received the Salis Audio 1500 yesterday, but I am so busy at work that I do not have the time to listen to it. It might be after Christmas before I get to it.

About a month or so ago, someone posted a black 1500 on EBay for sale. I never did see how much it sold for, but by the pictures, it looked very professionally done.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #724 on: 14 Dec 2014, 03:33 am »
Damn, this would be a royal PITA.  To do this I would need 2 sets of Speaker Cable.  Then I could do the switch at the speaker much easier.

You'll have to switch them somewhere, if you do it at the amp side you will only need one set of speaker cables... I'd position the amps so they aren't too difficult to reach behind.

-----------------

I've owned speakers that seemed to respond more to the amount of power the amp can deliver than anything else, Mirage biploes from the early 90's...  if your speakers have this character than the 2500s would probably be best but I seriously doubt OzarkTom's Zellatons or my Omegas would react the same way.

C'mon OzarkTom, don't make us wait!    :lol:  :flame::hyper:

OzarkTom

« Reply #725 on: 14 Dec 2014, 03:35 am »
That's my stance. SPEND ON SPEAKERS. At this point there are so many great DACs and amps at killer prices. And nothing makes a bigger difference than speakers.

Yep, speakers and the room are the most critical. Well, actually the quality of the recording is number one, but none of us here can buy master tapes. That is why I spent my bucks on the Zellatons. These Crown amps matches up perfectly with these ultra linear speakers. The speakers are so neutral, not forward or laid back.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #727 on: 14 Dec 2014, 04:02 am »
« Last Edit: 14 Dec 2014, 02:32 pm by Tomy2Tone »

Folsom

« Reply #728 on: 14 Dec 2014, 04:50 am »
It's not drivecore.

sistemizer

« Reply #729 on: 14 Dec 2014, 05:05 am »
the Crown is good if your a dj but not for high end critical

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #730 on: 14 Dec 2014, 05:10 am »
It's not drivecore.

Nope, it sure isn't. Just showing as a reference that Crown does make black face plates, unfortunately not for the xls drivecore which is why some are contemplating painting it.

roscoeiii

« Reply #731 on: 14 Dec 2014, 07:37 am »
That can put out 1800 watts in stereo in 4ohm and a measly 5000 watts in bridge mode. Probably still not enough for Roscoe!  :lol:

NEVER ENOUGH  :rock:

OzarkTom

« Reply #732 on: 14 Dec 2014, 12:17 pm »
NEVER ENOUGH  :rock:

I can see now that if Roscoe ever comes down to visit, I had better have my Infinity subs hooked up also.

a.wayne

« Reply #733 on: 14 Dec 2014, 12:40 pm »
That does look nice! I'm going to have to give it a try after the holidays.

Have you heard of the Crown XLS 5000? It's black and stands higher by comparison. Crown says it can put out 1800 watts in stereo in 4ohm and a measly 5000 watts in bridge mode. Probably still not enough for Roscoe!  :lol:

www.crownaudio.com/xls-series.html

This new xls series is not rated into 2ohms , well except the 5000, i would stay away from these ..

OzarkTom

« Reply #734 on: 14 Dec 2014, 03:16 pm »
I found this sweet deal on Craigslist in Norfolk Va. He has two 1500's for $200 each. If you need just one, you could probably sell the other for about $275.

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/msg/4799479670.html

roscoeiii

« Reply #735 on: 14 Dec 2014, 03:18 pm »
This new xls series is not rated into 2ohms , well except the 5000, i would stay away from these ..

My understanding is that the XLS Drivecore is the new series. There was an earlier XLS from Crown that was non-Drivecore. I think that is what this 5000 is part of.

For the Drivecore, in stereo, they are all rated down to 2 ohms. Only when bridged mono are the Drivecore not going to be able to do 2 ohms.

ZAKski288

« Reply #736 on: 14 Dec 2014, 04:13 pm »

Don't know if the cryo guy wants to be known here, I'll pm you.
   Hey Tomy2Tone  can you PM me about the cryo guy. Thanks ZAK

jk@home

« Reply #737 on: 14 Dec 2014, 04:34 pm »
I found this sweet deal on Craigslist in Norfolk Va. He has two 1500's for $200 each. If you need just one, you could probably sell the other for about $275.

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/msg/4799479670.html

That's my neck of the woods...wonder if he will sale just one.

ebag4

« Reply #738 on: 14 Dec 2014, 05:08 pm »

I emailed him this morning to ask if he would ship one, haven't heard back yet.

OzarkTom

« Reply #739 on: 14 Dec 2014, 05:20 pm »

Maybe if you also email him, he could sell you and ebag4 one each. His name and phone number is also listed if you click on the button reply.