I finished the second set of speaker cables. I did a few things differently so I wanted to mention them here.
I ended up not using rope because I liked the look of the wider diameter cable with nothing in the center.
I bought a very nice wire stripper which made stripping all 96 wires much easier, neater, and faster.
Instead of using my soldering iron, I used my SMD/Rework Station.
It enabled me to heat the end of the tube connectors so that solder would flow completely to the ends, filling all air gaps.
(OCD note: 12 largest strands + 4 next largest strands fit inside end of tube. Added more next larger strands as needed to fill the larger tube opening.)
The completed cable.
With the experience I gained from building the first set of cables, I was able to build these in much less time.
EDIT: I failed to mention that I received my cable in one piece. After I cut it in two, I marked the ends on both pieces to keep track of the 'direction' of the cable. I added red heat shrink on the proper ends to indicate the original direction. I'm not claiming that I can hear a difference in cable direction, but I just wanted to keep track of it.