LIFEFORCE - STATEOF PLAY

AKSA

Re: LIFEFORCE - STATEOF PLAY
« Reply #80 on: 16 Oct 2006, 12:47 am »
Folks,

Still on the Gold Coast enjoying time with our old friends Tony and Kam and revelling in the good weather.  This has been a wonderful respite, very glad we came.

Thank you profusely to all who have posted their condolences here.

Back on deck tomorrow;  I look forward to returning to work.

Cheers,

Hugh

Brownee

« Reply #81 on: 22 Oct 2006, 08:07 pm »
Hi Hugh

Just returned to this forum after a time away and was saddened to see that your dad has passed away. I know this is late but my deepest thoughts and condolences go to you and your family.

Sincerely
Browneee

AKSA

« Reply #82 on: 24 Oct 2006, 12:08 am »
Thank you Browneee,

Much appreciated.

Hugh

AKSA

Re: LIFEFORCE - STATE OF PLAY
« Reply #83 on: 30 Oct 2006, 01:42 am »
Things are back on deck - I've been building up the supply of Lifeforce modules and outstanding orders are now being filled.

There are no production issues with the Lifeforce and while there was one glitch with one cap, all is now well and owners are reporting huge resolution, with previously unheard detail now revealed.  This increased resolution delivers a performance so intimate you feel you are there;  I'd love to see more comments from owners about this, as the step up from the AKSA is almost surreal.

I'm not much given to hype, but this is for real, and AFAIK only two or three high end amps across the last twenty years have twigged to this particular topology.  In fact there are two significant topology discoveries in the Lifeforce;  both are highly complementary and the results easily exceeded my expectation!

Cheers,

Hugh
« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2006, 02:44 am by AKSA »

KLe

« Reply #84 on: 30 Oct 2006, 05:39 pm »
Hi Hugh

I have just read the news of your Dad. I too am saddened to see that your dad has passed away.
I know this is late, very late, but my deepest thoughts and condolences go to you, Sri, and your family.

Sincere thoughts
KL

AKSA

« Reply #85 on: 30 Oct 2006, 09:04 pm »
Thanks Keith-Louis,

Much appreciated!

Good to be back?

Hugh

Jens

« Reply #86 on: 2 Nov 2006, 09:36 pm »
Folks,

Just got word from Hugh today that my Lifeforce modules are in the mail for me. After all I have heard about these modules, I can hardly wait to get my hands on them :hyper:

Anyway, as soon as they get here, the plan is to get them into my amp as quickly as possible - and then listen to some MUSIC!!! :green:

I'll post my impressions (and comparison with my current 55N+) once I have had a chance to listen for a bit - in the proper thread, of course :wink:

xsb7244

« Reply #87 on: 4 Nov 2006, 02:52 am »
Hi Hugh

When the retail 100W lifeforce becomes available what is the estimated price and is the 100W LF a 2 unit
power amp?  And why 100W and not 200W for the LF amp?

AKSA

« Reply #88 on: 4 Nov 2006, 03:38 am »
Hi Xsb,

Thanks for your post:

When the retail 100W lifeforce becomes available what is the estimated price and is the 100W LF a 2 unit power amp?  And why 100W and not 200W for the LF amp?

At present trade-in price disguises the real price, which is $AUD1250 ($USD962.50) for the two prebuilt LF55 modules, and $1770 ($USD1362.90) for the two prebuilt LF100 modules.  A fully built and tested power supply is included, but NOT the transformers, which will add around $USD100 more.  From this point, wiring up the modules for operation is very straightforward;  comprehensive instructions and email service are provided.

The LF100 modules will do just over 218W into 4R, rms.  I like to understate the power rating.

These prices are expensive, but my market is no longer strictly DIY although I still sell the AKSA.  I doubt you will hear a better Class AB SS amp anywhere;  the performance is off the planet.  I'm waiting until a few AKSA owners who have taken the plunge come back with testimonials (bump!!) so that first time buyers will have some user reviews to allay the fear of flying......

Marketing is the hardest part of the business for me;  I'm not too comfortable with it.   :oops:  I do tell the truth, and I work very hard on the technical issues, but I don't expect potential buyers to believe me, rather, they should chat with my customers.  Sift through the posts to get a reasonable idea of what to expect, and if you have questions, put them here to the users and see what they say!!

Cheers,

Hugh

xsb7244

« Reply #89 on: 4 Nov 2006, 06:27 am »
Hi Hugh

Does the 100W LF use two enclosures?  Let me clarify.  In your end of JUNE 2006 news you stated that
for those who do not have an AKSA the only other option will be a new retail product not a kit.  what will
be the estimated price of the finished and with enclosures 100W LF?  Are we looking at two years or more for
the finished 100W LF to come to market?

AKSA

« Reply #90 on: 4 Nov 2006, 07:29 am »
Hi Xsb,

Thank you for your response.

One enclosure only, but fully dual mono construction.  There is no technical advantage to be gained by putting each channel into a single box if there are completely independent power supplies anyway, no matter how appealing the monobloc concept might seem.  I am presently into the design phase for the enclosure, but heck, please don't ask me what my final price will be when I haven't even costed all the parts and cosmetics!!

It won't be two years, more like 9 months.

Neither will it be cheap, probably somewhere between $USD5K-8K, but it will be up there in performance with the DartZeel.

If I ever feel like building products at the budget end of the spectrum, I'll get 'em built in China.  At my age, and with my design approach, that's rather unlikely, so I'll be obliged to charge high end market rates, though the direct internet selling model does significantly reduce the normal 5:1 ratio between manufacturing cost and retail sale.

But, notwithstanding, I should say that quite soon I will be offering the modules to the open market - not just AKSA owners - and I hope this is not too discouraging!!

Cheers,

Hugh
« Last Edit: 5 Nov 2006, 01:16 am by AKSA »

andyr

« Reply #91 on: 4 Nov 2006, 07:57 am »
Hi Xsb,

Thank you for your response.

One enclosure only, but fully dual mono construction.  There is no technical advantage to be gained by putting each channel into a single box if there are completely independent power supplies anyway, no matter how appealing the monobloc concept might seem.
Hi Hugh,

No technical advantage, certainly, if each module has its own power transformer and power supply.

However, monoblocs allow you to place the power amp directly behind each speaker ... this has advantages in some setups.   :D

Regards,

Andy

AKSA

« Reply #92 on: 4 Nov 2006, 09:32 am »
Andy,

I know better than to argue with you - I humbly suggest this advantage is perceptive only...... :drool:

Cheers,

Hugh

andyr

« Reply #93 on: 4 Nov 2006, 11:27 am »
Andy,

I know better than to argue with you - I humbly suggest this advantage is perceptive only...... :drool:

Cheers,

Hugh
Nono, Hugh ... it's not an "argument" ... simply that the way some people wish to lay out their music system means that there is great advantage to having a monobloc amp (or in my case, 3!  :) ) behind each speaker ... rather than stereo amps positioned between the two speakers.

Very short speaker cables for a start.   :D

Regards,

Andy

AKSA

« Reply #94 on: 4 Nov 2006, 11:36 am »
Andy,

Aha, but I well knew what you meant!!

Chars,

Hugh

Toride

« Reply #95 on: 4 Nov 2006, 12:43 pm »
Hi Hugh,
 Just to let you know that the caps arrived this week. Will install the LF modules and burn in.
Nick

Thanks Nick, much appreciated, nice to know it got through quickly - Hugh
« Last Edit: 4 Nov 2006, 10:02 pm by AKSA »

Jens

« Reply #96 on: 19 Nov 2006, 10:16 am »
After a week of business travel, I'm finally back home.

The box with the Lifeforce modules that arrived just before I left is beckoning!!!

I'll try to get the Lifeforce modules installed today - and then listen. This is going to be very interesting indeed. I was one of the people who didn't believe that the N+ could be bettered on. And yet it seems to have been done. Who wouldn't want to have a listen to that?  :lol: