LIFEFORCE - STATEOF PLAY

Jens

Re: LIFEFORCE - STATEOF PLAY
« Reply #60 on: 11 Oct 2006, 05:21 pm »
Dear Hugh,

Please accept my and my wife's condolances. You have talked a bit about your father when we were visiting, and we're sure that - like you - he was an extraordinary man.

Our thoughts go to you and your family. May there be peace in your hearts.

All the best,

Jens

andrewbee

« Reply #61 on: 11 Oct 2006, 05:39 pm »
Hugh I am very sorry to hear of your fathers passing.
My condolences to yourself and family.

Andrew

AKSAphile

« Reply #62 on: 11 Oct 2006, 09:15 pm »

Hugh, I am very sorry to hear this sad news.

My condolances to you and your family.

Andrej

amplifierguru

« Reply #63 on: 11 Oct 2006, 11:23 pm »

Hugh, I am very sorry to hear of your fathers passing.
My heartfelt condolences to you and yours.

Greg

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #64 on: 11 Oct 2006, 11:27 pm »
Peace be with you Hugh, and your family. Sorry to hear the news....

Chris

Freddy57

« Reply #65 on: 12 Oct 2006, 03:58 am »
Hugh

My prayers and condolences to you and your family on your loss.

All the best, Vern

oldtimer

• God gave us ears to Listen
« Reply #66 on: 12 Oct 2006, 06:40 am »
God is near the broken hearted,
May God bless your family at this time

Nigel

Rhythm Willie

« Reply #67 on: 12 Oct 2006, 09:34 am »
My thoughts like many others are with you Hugh.

I know when I lost my father it was a time to reflect on my childhood and upbringing and the many things I inherited from him including a love of electronics and emotional involvement and enjoyment of music, a passion that many people have never experienced,but fortunately has past down to his grandchildren.

I hope all goes well in the celebration of your Dad's life tomorrow.

Dennis

multibit16

« Reply #68 on: 12 Oct 2006, 10:18 am »
Very sorry to hear the bad news, please accept my condolances to you and your family Hugh

Ian

« Reply #69 on: 12 Oct 2006, 11:55 am »
From what you have said Hugh your father loved life and lived it well...and that in itself is a great epitaph.
My thoughts and prayers are with tomorrow.
Regards
Ian

rabbitz

« Reply #70 on: 12 Oct 2006, 11:59 am »
My thoughts are with you and your family. May he live on in your hearts and memories.

Rom

« Reply #71 on: 12 Oct 2006, 02:06 pm »
Sorry to hear that Hugh,

My prayers goes to you and your family.

rom

MikeC

« Reply #72 on: 12 Oct 2006, 06:23 pm »
Hi Hugh

Please accept my condolences. I know that you were really expecting him to pull through again this time, so it must be really tough.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Mike

Hegemony

« Reply #73 on: 13 Oct 2006, 07:10 am »
Hugh,

Condolances to you and your family, I am sorry I didn't get to meet your Dad.  Kate and I are thinking of you all at the moment...

If there is anything you need done just say the word...

Russ

TeM

« Reply #74 on: 13 Oct 2006, 08:53 am »
Hi Hugh!

My condolences to you and your family.

Tore M, Sweden

AKSA

« Reply #75 on: 13 Oct 2006, 02:50 pm »
To all well wishers,

Sincere thanks from me, and from my wife Sri, we just drove the 300 miles home this evening, arriving at 11pm.  It was a truly harrowing day, beginning with the final viewing at 9am, then the funeral at 12:30.  It was a very large funeral, 216 people signed the book.

My brother and I delivered eulogies;  mine the formal obituary, his the personal, intimate observations, and it went very well, with most people completely unaware of Pa's full history.  He walked the ruins of Hiroshima three weeks after the dawn of nuclear weapons;  he was attacked by agents of the Yakuza with a friend in Kobe in 1946, and survived;  he was aggressively pursued by Japanese soldiers behind enemy lines on a tiny Pacific Island airstrip and eventually escaped by rendezvous with an Allied submarine two miles off the coast;  he pioneered flood irrigation in his farming district in the early sixties, using an ancient German Lanz single cylinder diesel tractor engine as power plant;  he bought the first Toyota Land Cruiser in his district, when other returned soldiers were too prejudiced to ever buy a single Japanese product;  he established a manufacturing company at age 62 which today commands 75% of the farming windmill market - the list is impressive.  He was tough, ruthless, scrupulously fair, and incredibly energetic, left me for dead in his sixties.  He loved animals, could walk into a field, and horses and placid cattle would walk up to him for no apparent reason.  He was a Depression kid, never finished his college schooling (really mistrusted academics, this was a bone of contention for both of us!!), disliked money, loved business success, hated waste .....

Sri and I are off to the Gold Coast tomorrow for three days respite, we return on Tuesday when I will resume orders with renewed vigor.  Again, I'm very sorry about this delay.

I am bowled over by the condolences, thank you very sincerely, one and all - this all redoubles my resolve to continue working at what I love, just like my Pa, until I drop.  He suffered his last heart attack at work - at 84!

Sincerely,

Hugh

Joules

« Reply #76 on: 13 Oct 2006, 03:19 pm »
You must be very proud to call him Pa.
I'm so very sorry Hugh.
Peace be with him.
Peace be with you and your family

mgalusha

« Reply #77 on: 13 Oct 2006, 03:45 pm »
I am sure he was a truly great man, by his deeds and beliefs. When my father was diagnosed with terminal cancer he wasn't angry about dying, he was angry because he couldn't work any longer and help people. By your description I think they would have gotten on well together.

Continued success to you Hugh.

Mike

andyr

« Reply #78 on: 15 Oct 2006, 12:05 am »
Hi Hugh,

I heard the news about your father from SuperMart last Thursday but we went away so have had little time on the Net.

All the best - enjoy the Gold Coast

Regards,

Andy

bearddavid

« Reply #79 on: 15 Oct 2006, 09:17 am »
Hugh,

I'm deeply saddened to learn of your loss, I remember all to vividly the loss of my own father and can emphasize with your feelings right now.

My sincere condolences to you and all your family.

I just wish I could un-send the email I sent you chasing a response on the LF- it was sent about 10 minutes before I read this and I can only hope that you see this post first and realise that I wasn't aware of the situation when I sent that message.

Please respond to that message when and only when you feel absolutely ready to do so.

Best wishes

David