My soundroom & speaker pictures...

warnerwh

Re: My soundroom & speaker pictures...
« Reply #60 on: 5 Nov 2006, 04:26 am »
I'm not too worried about anyone reading this. Even the police speed when they're off duty. I know one cop that spends alot of time at the track and has admitted to some pretty high speeds on the freeway.

I can assure you no prosecutor in his right mind would take a case on an infraction that was posted on an internet forum. The judge would throw him out of his court room and give him a warning. They need PROOF!  There's probably some guys that are cops on these forums and I seriously doubt they could care less about this type of discussion.

Once I took my car out on the freeway as I'd just got it and made sure it was stable at over 100 because I was going to the track that weekend. So I'm cruising along and look up at a freeway onramp and see two county sheriff's. I couldn't believe my detector didn't go off. I also couldn't believe my eyes :o

Anyway they both pull onto the freeway and my first thought is now I need to pay my attorney and my insurance is going to skyrocket. I pull off at the next exit and these guys of course are right behind me by then. Next thing I know I have four cop cars behind my car and I'm obviously not going anywhere. And I'm wondering what the hell is going on with so many cops being as all I was doing is speeding.

This one cop comes up to my car and says you need to wait til so and so gets here. A few minutes later this older cop in plain clothes comes up to me and tells me that someone just escaped a drug bust in a car just like mine. He then asks me if I knew how fast I was going as he was going 85 and I'd been pulling away from him. I told him "I don't know" and asked him if he wanted to search my car. He said "you read my mind" and I said great that means I can get out and stretch my legs.

This guy searches my car, not real well, so whoever they were looking for must have had alot. When he's done he comes upto me and says thank you for letting me search your car and if it's ok with these guys I'm going to let you go with a warning, but try to slow it down a little :D. Very nice guy and a great judge of character :wink:

In my opinion there should be different levels of drivers licenses. Why should I have to go the same speed as someone in their SUV that can hardly drive when my car will turn or stop much quicker and I know how to handle it at high speed. We should have tests that don't only take the lowest common (moron) denominator into account.

A state cop once told me that if I see someone doing over 20mph over the speed limit there's a high probability it's an off duty cop. The reason being is they almost never give another cop a speeding ticket.

Anyway you can relax unless you're speeding :lol:  These days I don't drink or do drugs so I got to have some fun somehow. In reality I'm very safe and would never risk myself or anybody else on the road. Most of the cops we have up here are pretty good guys too.
« Last Edit: 5 Nov 2006, 06:53 am by warnerwh »

Berndt

« Reply #61 on: 5 Nov 2006, 07:51 am »

great job man
What a great show you put on, playing guitar and having James croon the lyrics to tune your speakers.
I heard the stories about Big B on all fours...
It's all true.

SCooper

« Reply #62 on: 5 Nov 2006, 08:01 am »
It seems warnerwh is somewhat above the law.. And if he was present when his daughter traveled at 140 mph ??? (questionable) I believe he is guilty of endangerment to a minor. A felony in Oregon.. :nono:

warnerwh

« Reply #63 on: 5 Nov 2006, 08:13 am »
My daughter was in a race car at Portland International Raceway when she went 145. It's entirely legal to go that fast there :lol: Nobody was in any danger of anything except having a good time. I only stated my daughter has been in a car at that speed, more than once actually.

She at first was afraid to get into the car but it was a friend who was giving her the ride. After that first ride she couldn't wait to go again. As a matter of fact alot of children went for rides that day. It's a benefit for Dornbecher Children's Hospital we have here in Portland. We have it every year. I have driven with others in my car on the track and wouldn't hesitate to take my daughter. My car is safe and so am I.

There's a tech inspection of your car before you're allowed on the track. I'm qualified to race on a track with other people. So be sure to get your facts straight before making accusations without all the facts. I certainly have plenty of witnesses on my side.

So Mr. Cooper you may want to use your brain before you stick your foot into your mouth :wink: I'm sure someone like you would like to have this activity banned so these kids with serious illnesses from the Doernbechers hospital that are treated like royalty this day and have the time of their lives couldn't do it anymore. A substantial amount of money is raised so maybe you could just send the money so we won't do this dangerous activity anymore for these kids. Maybe you could come entertain them as a clown.

Being as PIR is owned by the city of Portland and is classified as a city park they're the ones you need to discuss this "dangerous" activity with. I'm sure they'll be all ears :lol:
« Last Edit: 5 Nov 2006, 08:31 am by warnerwh »

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #64 on: 5 Nov 2006, 02:27 pm »
Why should I have to go the same speed as someone in their SUV that can hardly drive

Because the meek have already inherited the earth, dont'cha know? :lol:

Cheers

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #65 on: 6 Nov 2006, 05:20 am »

warnerwh

« Reply #66 on: 6 Nov 2006, 05:28 am »
Now that is one skilled rider :o  The bikes that have been made that last several years are truly amazing. They should have a special test for people who buy anything that will do 200 mph. I guarantee you one thing, even on a track I'd be scared to death to try one of these beasts.

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
  • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
    • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
« Reply #67 on: 6 Nov 2006, 07:04 pm »
Good video. 

Stranger than that video was riding directly behind & to the side of an acquaintance going about 100mph+.  Something appeared that made him desire an emergency stop, so up the bike came on its front wheel.  The braking angle was at least 45 degrees or higher.  I'm traveling close to 100mph looking directly ahead, clear as day at the underside of a CBR929.  The picture was disturbing, discombublating & difficult to fit in one's normal frame of graphic references.  One is more accustomed to seeing the underside of motorcyles in a garage.  Usually a crash is in progress (bike on side or flipping) when one is moving at speed & seeing this view.  In this case my first thought was the 929 was crashing.  When no sparks appeared, I thought I was crashing.  A second or so later it all made sense; though still it was disturbing.