Album Art Challenges with MPaD

OgOgilby

Re: Album Art Challenges with MPaD
« Reply #20 on: 10 Sep 2011, 04:45 pm »
I'm still having issues with mine not displaying all of them.

I have the latest version of MPaD and have the three settings turned on (local, amazon & discogs).

I'm thinking that the local is being missed and it's going straight to amazon becuase some covers are missing and some covers are not the ones I have loaded in the directory with the music.

My music is all ripped using DbPoweramp and it places the files into the album directory, under the artist directory.  The artist directory is the top layer of directory sitting on the drive.  The picture file is called Folder.jpg and I have MPaD looking to fetch the cover art from http://bryston-bdp-1.local/ and it isn't finding anything.

From what I can see, I'm doing everything right.  Any ideas?

Wayne.

In the MPad "Edit Connection" section where you put the Local Cover Art URL (http://bryston-bdp-1.local/music) make sure the "Filename" area says "Folder.jpg". The filename is case sensitive. Then hit "reload cover".

Sometimes it helps to restart of MPad - using this method to close the app first first: http://www.maclife.com/article/howtos/how_quit_apps_your_ipad

-Greg

WBimmer

« Reply #21 on: 13 Sep 2011, 12:29 am »
Thanks for the reply Greg, but it still hasn't changed anything.

I noticed from your MPaD site that an update is due soon and this may fix the issue.

Wayne.

Gerard

« Reply #22 on: 19 Aug 2013, 04:01 pm »
Dear all,
I have the same problem. Did try all kind of things, like avoiding special characters, upper and lower case in folder and file names. Also the path that is shown in the cover wizard seems allright, but still "Load cover art" gives "No cover found". I did run out off options. Is there a solution for this? I am using MPaD version 1.8.
Warm greetings, Gerard

Alpha10

« Reply #23 on: 19 Aug 2013, 04:52 pm »
Dear all,
I have the same problem. Did try all kind of things, like avoiding special characters, upper and lower case in folder and file names. Also the path that is shown in the cover wizard seems allright, but still "Load cover art" gives "No cover found". I did run out off options. Is there a solution for this? I am using MPaD version 1.8.
Warm greetings, Gerard

What I had to do was replace the 'Bryston-BDP-1.local' in the URL with the IP address and that worked fine for me.

Cheers

skunark

« Reply #24 on: 19 Aug 2013, 05:07 pm »
Sadly all users of MPAD/MPOD share the same daily downloads limits to amazon and discogs, which for some maybe they will always experience that if the limit is reached early.   Also the artwork isn't always correct, but at least MPAD always you to select alternates but that still isn't perfect especially when it can't find one. 

Lately, i've been using an app called MusicBrainz to download the cover art and save it as cover.jpg.    You can configure it to just download the images and they usually have the alternate cover art when an album has multiple releases.  For albums that it doesn't recognize, there are ways to add that information if you choose to do so. 

You can also use MusicBrainz to fix your tags and even validate the tags by creating a fingerprint of the file and scan against the database.   There are some limitations if you used a music manager (like itunes) where you won't be able to have it correct file names.

I think my biggest grip with the id3 tags, mpad and about every music player to date, would be with featured artists.   I wish MPAD would respect the album artist tags and use that if it exists and not break out every artists.  With the two options on how to sort the albums, none of them fully work and there really shouldn't be an option, it should just be a tab like albums, artists... so... albumartists tab would be very useful.

Jim

skunark

« Reply #25 on: 19 Aug 2013, 05:10 pm »
What I had to do was replace the 'Bryston-BDP-1.local' in the URL with the IP address and that worked fine for me.

Cheers

IP addresses can change...

Bryston should work with the mpad/mpod and mpd folks to provide a configuration option at the server to populate those fields.  (also add wake-on-lan feature to mpad/mpod assuming the BDPs support it :) ).

Jim

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #26 on: 22 Aug 2013, 09:57 am »
You can make your BDP-1 or BDP-2 use the same IP address every time. There's (usually) a function in routers that will allow you to assign the same IP address to any given network device. Just enter the MAC address of your BDP and pick an IP address. Then, your player will always have the same (mine is set at 192.168.0.202).

- Garrett