GreenGlue and OSB: The Apartment MEGA-Project!

Chromisdesigns

• Darla, our beach cat, contemplating the sea
    • Fine-gemstones.com
Re: GreenGlue and OSB: The Apartment MEGA-Project!
« Reply #60 on: 10 Aug 2011, 01:13 am »
Since you have all that overhead, why not hang your speakers from cables to the ceiling, that way they can clear the table all the time, you won't need to worry about moving them, and you might even get away with not having to move the sofa if you position the speakers opposite the sofa away from the opposing wall.  Hang them high enough not to hit with a cue!  And angle down toward the listening area.

Add additional hanging speakers as needed for your HT needs -- you will wind up with a system similar to that in many clubs -- don't forget the wall treatments, too.

Audiosmoot

« Reply #61 on: 10 Aug 2011, 03:31 am »
@ Chromisdesigns

I thought many ways about ceiling-supported speakers, but the following all seem insurmountable:

1) I would have to drill into the ceiling. Never done that, and I assume there is no way to not cause visible issues when I move-out (and I rent).

2) These speakers are so large (BG Radia 520s) that they'd still hang low-enough to be in the way when just walking unless I angled them nearly horizontal, which would produce problems of its own in relation to the listening position, the speaker arrangement and the room.

...But maybe I'm wrong.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #62 on: 10 Aug 2011, 02:44 pm »
As an avid billiards player (we have tables at both of our business's locations) I understand the desire for a table at home.  But the short answer is you don't have the space for both a snooker table and and ambitious audio system.  You need to give up on one.  You can have a table and a modest audio system in the bedroom, or you can have a more ambitious system in the larger space, but not with a large snooker table.  You do know they have pool halls where you can play and socialize for a very small fee?

Audiosmoot

« Reply #63 on: 11 Aug 2011, 03:14 am »
Not near me unfortunately. And not small... $12/hr+drinks+tip (and I play a couple hours everyday, so that would be about $1300/mo).