« Reply #60 on: 18 May 2011, 09:22 pm »
No profit - no business :duh:

james

Ok. :D

nikon

Re: Sticker shock
« Reply #61 on: 19 May 2011, 07:40 pm »
Hi James

Will there be a price increase on some products in the near future and if so what will the new prices be

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #62 on: 19 May 2011, 09:01 pm »
Hi James

Will there be a price increase on some products in the near future and if so what will the new prices be

Yes prices are going up June 1st.  Depending on the product anywhere from no increase to 8 percent.

James

pjg66

« Reply #63 on: 19 May 2011, 10:54 pm »
Wow ... more price increases on the way.  But even then, by today's high-end pricing standards the cost of Bryston is reasonable, especially considering what other high-end brands are going for.

But unfortunately for me, the increased pricing is putting new Bryston equipment beyond my reach.  I had hoped the new SP-3 would come out at something less than the $9500 James quoted on another thread.  Granted, that price is certainly not exorbitant compared with what companies like Meridian, Classe, McIntosh and Theta are charging, but, alas, it is exorbitant for my tired old bank account.

Fortunately for me, I bought my current Bryston gear way back when it was more affordable and it is unquestionably one of the best audio investments I ever made.  It looks like I will be using my Brystons long after their 20-year warranties expire, but I am confident they will continue to perform flawlessly and reliably.

May Bryston continue to prosper.  It is a great, customer-oriented company that deserves its success.

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #64 on: 20 May 2011, 03:52 am »
Fortunately for me, I bought my current Bryston gear way back when it was more affordable and it is unquestionably one of the best audio investments I ever made.  It looks like I will be using my Brystons long after their 20-year warranties expire, but I am confident they will continue to perform flawlessly and reliably.

May Bryston continue to prosper.  It is a great, customer-oriented company that deserves its success.

:thumb:

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #65 on: 20 May 2011, 09:36 pm »
In light of all this price talk is there any validity to the idea that the msrp is lower on the pro versions of amps(4B especially) than the consumer  (C) versions? My gear is worth all that I paid but if I get a new amp is there an avenue of a slightly less cost? Perhaps James can really give an accurate insight.  Thanks.... :scratch:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #66 on: 20 May 2011, 09:49 pm »
In light of all this price talk is there any validity to the idea that the msrp is lower on the pro versions of amps(4B especially) than the consumer  (C) versions? My gear is worth all that I paid but if I get a new amp is there an avenue of a slightly less cost? Perhaps James can really give an accurate insight.  Thanks.... :scratch:

Hi redbook,

No the prices of the Pro versions are the same as the Consumer versions.  It is just that Pro dealer can only purchase amps and they are black 19 inch faceplates with volume controls in each circuit path.

james

won ton on

« Reply #67 on: 20 May 2011, 09:54 pm »
anyone know how much a bdp-1 costs in ontario

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #68 on: 20 May 2011, 09:58 pm »
Thanks James ...........now i can sleep easy  :lol:

1oldguy

« Reply #69 on: 7 Jul 2011, 07:43 pm »
Yeah, value for money.
I retired last year in January, and had a nice bonus. The Bonus is how i paid for my Bryston gear. My closest friend, thought i was completey insane to waste the money on stereo equipment when i already HAD really good stereo equipment.
It did not matter to her that i spend all day every day (now) listening to music.
And when i asked here about her buying a NEW car, when her old one was fine.. wow did I get a verbal thrashing. (plus TONS if excuses...)
So we pick our poison. Lucky for me mine is music.

You are awesome.....We need more women like you.Would make for a lot easier lives.Most women don't even want to see audio gear in the house...never mind having it on. 

GaryArthur

« Reply #70 on: 7 Jul 2011, 09:48 pm »
Business must be good at Bryston these days. I ordered a BP26 on the last day before the price increase and it's not here yet. Well I have been kept informed and it's due soon but wow Bryston has a backlog. Also a fellow Martin Logan owner in London just ordered a pair of the 28B-SST^2's and he was told it's 9 weeks before they will arrive.

Good things come to he who waits.

Gary

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #71 on: 8 Jul 2011, 02:28 am »
Business must be good at Bryston these days. I ordered a BP26 on the last day before the price increase and it's not here yet. Well I have been kept informed and it's due soon but wow Bryston has a backlog. Also a fellow Martin Logan owner in London just ordered a pair of the 28B-SST^2's and he was told it's 9 weeks before they will arrive.

Good things come to he who waits.

Gary

Gary - where are you and I will check on it for you.

James

GaryArthur

« Reply #72 on: 8 Jul 2011, 02:46 am »
Gary - where are you and I will check on it for you.

James

James,

This one is coming into my Los Angeles office to match up with my 7B-SST's that I bought from you 8 years ago (lucky me). Purchased through MyCustomTheater. I think it's not too far out. Let me know.

Gary

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #73 on: 8 Jul 2011, 03:37 am »
James,

This one is coming into my Los Angeles office to match up with my 7B-SST's that I bought from you 8 years ago (lucky me). Purchased through MyCustomTheater. I think it's not too far out. Let me know.

Gary

Hi Gary

I am not familiar with that store? Is he a Bryston dealer?

James

GaryArthur

« Reply #74 on: 8 Jul 2011, 03:58 am »
James,

Sorry, I wasn't paying close attention. Was purchased through "Reference Audio and Video" in Gardena (Ken Ito).

I think it shipped today.

Gary

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #75 on: 16 Jul 2011, 04:20 pm »

Full Disclosure: Diamond Dog has owned a Chrysler and is still traumatized by the experience.

You are certainly not alone and I do feel your pain with respect to Chrysler products. :duh:

Actually, we are just leaving for the Toyota dealer to take a Scion out for a test drive.

Be well...

vegasdave

« Reply #76 on: 16 Jul 2011, 04:36 pm »
James,

Sorry, I wasn't paying close attention. Was purchased through "Reference Audio and Video" in Gardena (Ken Ito).

I think it shipped today.

Gary

Ken's a cool guy. I got my BP6 from him. :D

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #77 on: 16 Jul 2011, 09:44 pm »

" I cannot put a price on my listening experience, it is an important part of my life."

I think that math-geek has perfectly summed up my approach to purchasing high-end audio equipment most eloquently. I would still purchase a pair of my beasties at today’s prices – but there would be a limit that would eventually be reached where they would become “unobtainable.”  This would be a truly sad day.  I am currently composing this post while listening to my beasties and it would be extremely difficult to imagine life without them.

We can all be most “fickle” animals from time to time. Where I would not have any issues with spending tens of thousands dollars on audio equipment, I would be more conservative of spending money on day-to-day items. Case-in-point, my daily trip to Tim Horton’s. I was spending about six dollars a day and one day I noticed the product size was reduced after a recent price increase.  I have not had a Tim’s coffee in a very long time and I will be $1000 ahead of the game over the span of a year. Besides, MacDonald’s makes a much better cup of coffee than Tim Horton’s, eh?

So what do I do with my coffee money savings? Purchase more music of course and perhaps a new, tailor made (read “not shelf bought”), Gothic man-dress will be on the horizon. Oh please be still my beating heart. 

Be well… 

BrysTony

« Reply #78 on: 16 Jul 2011, 09:59 pm »
I think that math-geek has perfectly summed up my approach to purchasing high-end audio equipment most eloquently. I would still purchase a pair of my beasties at today’s prices – but there would be a limit that would eventually be reached where they would become “unobtainable.”  This would be a truly sad day.  I am currently composing this post while listening to my beasties and it would be extremely difficult to imagine life without them.

We can all be most “fickle” animals from time to time. Where I would not have any issues with spending tens of thousands dollars on audio equipment, I would be more conservative of spending money on day-to-day items. Case-in-point, my daily trip to Tim Horton’s. I was spending about six dollars a day and one day I noticed the product size was reduced after a recent price increase.  I have not had a Tim’s coffee in a very long time and I will be $1000 ahead of the game over the span of a year. Besides, MacDonald’s makes a much better cup of coffee than Tim Horton’s, eh?

So what do I do with my coffee money savings? Purchase more music of course and perhaps a new, tailor made (read “not shelf bought”), Gothic man-dress will be on the horizon. Oh please be still my beating heart. 

Be well…

Glad you are back on the forum... :)

Tony

vegasdave

« Reply #79 on: 16 Jul 2011, 10:19 pm »
I would still purchase a pair of my beasties at today’s prices

Good to know, and the quality of Bryston has not gone down.