PURE i-20, iPhone/iPod Dock - How did I miss this?

JohnR

Re: PURE i-20, iPhone/iPod Dock - How did I miss this?
« Reply #120 on: 28 Feb 2013, 12:25 am »
Hah. I unplugged it from the dock and plugged it back in, and now the volume control works. Thanks for the tip :)

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #121 on: 7 Mar 2013, 12:09 am »
Would someone mind verifying this is the correct adapter from Jameco?

Plug, DC, Powerr, Adapter, 2.5 to 1.3, 2.5MM Male to 1.3MM Female

JR1829: DC Power Plug Adapter Size: 2.5MM Male 1.3MM Female

I can't tell from the picture and the one on my i20 looks smaller to me.

Thank You,

Greg

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #122 on: 7 Mar 2013, 12:12 am »
Nevermind, I just saw JohnR's previous post,

thanks, Greg

carusoracer

« Reply #123 on: 7 Mar 2013, 01:51 am »
I had to use some electrical tape to firm up and secure the connection. It is a very touchy connection as the male end is not as long as the original walwart connection.

Good luck

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #124 on: 8 Mar 2013, 11:42 pm »
I just ordered a Teralink x2 power supply for my M2 tech Evo converter, has anyone tried this power supply with anything but the i20? I have one of those as well and depending on the difference in SQ may buy another one for it.

Tone Depth

• Music Lover
    • SRLPE Wheel Works
« Reply #125 on: 10 Apr 2013, 09:27 pm »
I've been using a Pure i-20 as an iPod transport sending SPDIF to a standalone DAC for almost a year and a half, and it has been flawless. The stock power supply seems to have no effect on the sound quality when the i-20 is used in this configuration.

acresm22

« Reply #126 on: 28 May 2013, 11:53 pm »
Can anyone verify that the Pure i20 will work with the new Apple lightning connector provided you use a lightning/30 pin adaptor?
Also wondering if the Pure will continue to charge the newer Apple devices w/lightning connectors? I read in one online review of the iPod Touch 5th Gen that charging on older docks could be a problem, even with the adaptor.
Thx.

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #127 on: 29 May 2013, 06:21 am »
Hah. I unplugged it from the dock and plugged it back in, and now the volume control works. Thanks for the tip :)

Just bought one of these from someone her on AC (thanks murphy11).  Using analog audio out to a little Dared MP5 hybrid tube amp (which I also got recently off of AC in a swap) + some Totem Rainmaker bookshelves.  A great Cheap & Cheerful system (could probably put it all together for less than $600).  The internal DAC is not too shabby - better than the USB Burr Brown DAC in the Dared. Remote is handy - but a bit flaky at times - probably needs a new battery.  Anyway - really enjoying it all as a desktop system.

Thanks for the tip on the re-plug : I kept wondering why I could raise / lower the volume on the iphone + remote, but nothing was happening.......

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #128 on: 9 Jun 2013, 09:40 pm »
I'm thinking I'd like one of these for my shop, to stream Pandora (or the like) or access my music hard drive (which lives in the house) wirelessly.

I'm doing the above now through my iphone4 with headphone jack out to RCAs on back of receiver. All this gear is in the bathroom so I don't shower it with sawdust.  I kinda stumbled onto a "feature" I wasn't expecting, but really like. If my Bluetooth earpiece is on and I get a call, it rings over the speakers and interrupts music until I hang up, then resumes...pretty cool 'cuz I can answer from anywhere in the shop as long as I'm in Bluetooth range.

Here's my question: the above works 'cuz phone sees output to receiver as headphones. If I hook up to digital stream out of charging plug will the "feature" still work? I guess it depends on if the digital feed is suspended same as analog output to headphones. Anybody know?

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #129 on: 11 Jun 2013, 05:51 am »
Can anyone verify that the Pure i20 will work with the new Apple lightning connector provided you use a lightning/30 pin adaptor?
Also wondering if the Pure will continue to charge the newer Apple devices w/lightning connectors? I read in one online review of the iPod Touch 5th Gen that charging on older docks could be a problem, even with the adaptor.
Thx.

A gal friend of mine needed a dock and I hooked her up with an i20. She just bought an Iphone 5 and the adapter and it does work. I didn't ask her if it charges the phone but my guess is that is does.

Greg

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #130 on: 11 Jun 2013, 06:24 am »
I'm thinking I'd like one of these for my shop, to stream Pandora (or the like) or access my music hard drive (which lives in the house) wirelessly.

I'm doing the above now through my iphone4 with headphone jack out to RCAs on back of receiver. All this gear is in the bathroom so I don't shower it with sawdust.  I kinda stumbled onto a "feature" I wasn't expecting, but really like. If my Bluetooth earpiece is on and I get a call, it rings over the speakers and interrupts music until I hang up, then resumes...pretty cool 'cuz I can answer from anywhere in the shop as long as I'm in Bluetooth range.

Here's my question: the above works 'cuz phone sees output to receiver as headphones. If I hook up to digital stream out of charging plug will the "feature" still work? I guess it depends on if the digital feed is suspended same as analog output to headphones. Anybody know?

An incoming call will pause / interrupt the music regardless of whether it's analog or digital audio out, and whether docked or headphone out.  At least it does with my iPhone.

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #131 on: 18 Jul 2013, 11:42 pm »
The pure i20 now finally has some competition :

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/TEACDSH01SA/TEAC-DS-H01-iPhone-iPod-Digital-Dock-24-bit/192kHz-PCM1796-DACs/1.html#!more

Yeah, its 50% more expensive, bit is still only $150 and has a better burr brown DAC chip.

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #132 on: 19 Jul 2013, 05:06 pm »
I'll be interested in dac comparisons between these to docs. If the dac is a lot better this is a no brainer for $50.00 if your using dac. It looks much better than the Pure i20 IMO and more like the Wadia.

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #133 on: 19 Jul 2013, 07:30 pm »
DAC chips are not world's apart, but I guess it's implementation as well that counts (op amps / etc).

Pure I20 : CS4353  : 24 bit / 192 capable ; 106 DB ; -93 THD+N
TEAC SH-01SA : BB PCM 1796 : 24 bit / 192 capable ; 123 DB ; .0005% (-106) THD+N

I'm thinking there's enough there between the DAC chip / format (which probably permits an Ipad as well), etc to justify an extra $50.  Not that I'm dissatisfied in any way w/ my Pure I20.

jackman

« Reply #134 on: 19 Jul 2013, 08:24 pm »
For fifty bucks more, the Teac looks to be a better value. Also, build quality and styling of the Teac is much nicer.  I don't use my iPod or iPhone as a source but the Teac doc sure looks tempting!

this_is_vv

« Reply #135 on: 7 Dec 2013, 05:19 am »
just bought this...will be using with an external DAC,.....anyone using this with an external dac...hows the performance....

Tone Depth

• Music Lover
    • SRLPE Wheel Works
« Reply #136 on: 7 Dec 2013, 05:31 am »
I've been using mine as a dock with an external DAC for two or three years, makes for the best sound I can imagine getting from an iPod/iPhone.

just bought this...will be using with an external DAC,.....anyone using this with an external dac...hows the performance....

this_is_vv

« Reply #137 on: 7 Dec 2013, 07:06 am »
I've been using mine as a dock with an external DAC for two or three years, makes for the best sound I can imagine getting from an iPod/iPhone.

what dac are you using.....

V

decal

« Reply #138 on: 7 Dec 2013, 02:35 pm »
For fifty bucks more, the Teac looks to be a better value. Also, build quality and styling of the Teac is much nicer.  I don't use my iPod or iPhone as a source but the Teac doc sure looks tempting!

I just ordered the Teac and already have the Pure i20. I'll post my findings when i get some time with it.

this_is_vv

« Reply #139 on: 7 Dec 2013, 06:01 pm »
I just ordered the Teac and already have the Pure i20. I'll post my findings when i get some time with it.

Looking fwd toot specially how they both compare when using only digital out