Classic Audio horn speakers - did anyone hear these at RMAF?

David C

• Don't try and lay no boogie woogie on the king
I continue my search for my "final" set of speakers and have always loved horns. I recent inquired about the subject peakers (T1.4s) and from what I read they seem to fit the bill. John the owner/builder was at RMAF last year and will be there in 2011 as well and I plan to go with my wife. Did anyone hear these last year.... if so what were your impressions

thanks

shooter

The one with the field coil drivers sounds great, don't care for the non field coil version, they actually sounded better in 2008 than last year, I missed 2009, they were also in a much bigger room, also heard them at the Lone star Audiofest in 2009, they sounded very good at the show and also in a big room, in a smaller room the bass was a little boomy last year at RMAF as I recall.
Besides CLassic Audio you should also check out Dave Slagle's Lowther field coil drivers in Jeffrey Jackson's eleven horn, very natural and dynamic sound, need to find good bass bins to match though.
Also look at my field coil front load horn thread, these can fool you to think there is a piano in the room, I loved them.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=92515.0

David C

• Don't try and lay no boogie woogie on the king
Shooter thanks for the info and all I can say about your speakers is WOW. I will check out the website and  go to RMAF this year
« Last Edit: 8 Apr 2011, 10:04 am by David C »