Lowtherhaus and Lowenbraü April 16th

Blackmore

Re: Lowtherhaus and Lowenbraü April 16th
« Reply #20 on: 28 Mar 2011, 10:18 pm »
Great to have you guys out West.   Din, I'm very interested in hearing that DAC.  This may cost me! :lol:

Din and Kirch; you have pm about address and directions.  Be sure to bring your phone to call when you get here.

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
« Reply #21 on: 28 Mar 2011, 11:29 pm »
I'm planning to be there.

No, I won't be bringing my SoundScapes. :green:

gooberdude

« Reply #22 on: 28 Mar 2011, 11:59 pm »
My regular Tranquility DAC can be used that day too, no problem.  I'd like to hear the SE version for sure.   :thumb: 

I could bring the Sandwich mount (PI Audio) for the Mini & upgraded Signature DB audio usb cable.

Or maybe randy could use a mini+tranquility at his place?

matt

Scott F.

« Reply #23 on: 29 Mar 2011, 01:58 am »
Can I bring the KoRnzillas?....Pretty please :green:

Blackmore

« Reply #24 on: 29 Mar 2011, 02:11 am »
Sure bring the KorNzillas.  We haven't "nearly killed" anyone for about 4 years since hauling marktwain's Fostex BLH up the stairs.

As a mechanical engineer do you think my place can support the KorNs?    :lol: :lol:

So far we have a phono pre and possibly two Tranquility DACs for Lowtherhaus.  Also the Consonance M12 driven by the conniej so Scott can blast Montrose or Deep Purple at least once.

And for all you GAS boys, I MAY have something that glows and puts out an insane amount of power...for my house, that is.  No more clues.  If you guess, keep it to yourself.  I'll let you know if it makes it in for the 16th.

Blackmore

« Reply #25 on: 9 Apr 2011, 12:55 am »
OK Lowtherhaüs will be open for business next Saturday.  Here's the roll call and why it's going to be a audio pub crawl.

Hebrew Hammer, ScottF. Bob in St. Louis (?) bpape (?) Mitsuman, dwarfed centipede, vhiner, kirch, bside, catastrophe, gooberdude, sturgus, kentj, MerRev (?) SteveK (?) and Jim Pendelton.  ? marks mean they aren't totally confirmed or needed to talk to she who holds the family jewels about a day pass.  :lol:

Randy and I are starting around 1 pm.  His house is only open until 5 but you latenighters can come back to my place and hang longer.  Neither place can accommodate more than 6-7 guys at a time. 

So, I'm leaving it up to you guys.  We either need; early and late listeners or we need a shotgun start like in golf.  Half at Randy's and half at mine, then switch after a couple of hours.  Or to hell with it and just float between both places if one gets crowded.  I'll have food at my place for the later listeners.

Both Lowtherhaüs will feature Tranquility DACs (I sure hope Din can still make it up)  I'll have vinyl ready to spin if that suits you. The Yamamoto just got a new rectifier ($$) so it's ready to go. We have 2A3, 300B, El84 and El34 amps to try on top.  PM me if you have questions and Randy and I will be sending addresses and driving instructions out this week. 

Blackmore

« Reply #26 on: 10 Apr 2011, 06:09 pm »
More equipment news:

Jim Pendleton will be bringing the Lejonklou Kinki 3 (love that name) for phono duty on the MM side.  I have the Fosgate Signature to handle the MC side of vinyl.   Hopefully I can get Randy's Merrill table up and running so we can have some vintage vinyl-spinner action.

Randy will have Matt's Tranquility DAC with a Mac Mini in the "macsandwich" frame.  They are running it headless and controlled by an iPad. 

I'll have Din's Tranquility SE DAC run by his laptop.   :thumb:

Of course I wouldn't be the Lowtherhaus and Lowenbraü crawl without the Lowthers.  Randy has his Seditions dialed in and the new acoustic treatment has that room rockin'.

I will have my "Blackmores" running along with Cain and Cain Abbys and the mighty Consonance M12 doing "loud" duty.  Also have the Advents ready just in case.  No Innersounds this time around; they need some cosmetic work and require too many changes to make them work in the front room.

vhiner

« Reply #27 on: 11 Apr 2011, 12:10 am »
Put me down for an early start...I couldn't find an OLD smiley.  :roll: Since Randy's a bit further out, might make sense to start there. Just a thought.

Blackmore

« Reply #28 on: 11 Apr 2011, 12:27 am »
Any time is fine.  We're going to have the crawl going all afternoon.   Here's a pic of the latest addition to the front room.  Randy's dad is loaning a Merrill table with Sumiko Premier dragging an AT 440ML cart.  Nice!

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
« Reply #29 on: 11 Apr 2011, 12:58 am »
I'll be early too.

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #30 on: 11 Apr 2011, 01:14 am »
Looks like I should be able to make both places.
Trying to twist Tina's arm, but no luck yet.

Bob

Blackmore

« Reply #31 on: 11 Apr 2011, 01:17 am »
YAY!!!!   I bet Tina wants to stay home and watch the plasma. :thumb: Glad you can make it out west. 

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #32 on: 11 Apr 2011, 01:21 am »
 :lol: You're probably right.  :thumb:

Hebrew Hammer

• Industry Participant
  • www.Randall-K.com
« Reply #33 on: 11 Apr 2011, 03:16 am »
seeing her up and running puts a smile on the ole face.... I sat next to my old man from the age of 8 until 16 listening to many a vinyl on that thing... and I'm stoked that even after being in a box for 13ish years... that it's running like a champ... HELL YEAH!!!!

Me thinks that the AQ cart would be a better piece to use...

Also guys... it's only about 6 minutes from door to door... so don't freak out on 2 locations..

Scott F.

« Reply #34 on: 12 Apr 2011, 12:26 am »
Hey Randy,

Did you want me to bring the little JoLida? I think I heard that at the last gathering  :scratch:

Did you send out your address yet?

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #35 on: 12 Apr 2011, 01:23 am »
Did you send out your address yet?
I need both addresses, please.

Blackmore

« Reply #36 on: 12 Apr 2011, 01:35 am »
you got pm.

Hebrew Hammer

• Industry Participant
  • www.Randall-K.com
« Reply #37 on: 12 Apr 2011, 02:52 am »
long day   :cry:

PM sent out to markie with my addy for a flyer...

and Scott, I am always down for trying out equipment... this allows me to catalog how pieces play with my loudspeakers...   :D

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #38 on: 12 Apr 2011, 01:10 pm »
PM received.
I have the address to the Western Palatial Blackmore Estate, but still needs Randy's.

Bob

sturgus

« Reply #39 on: 12 Apr 2011, 01:19 pm »
I hope to get off a few hours early, If that happens I will be there.
Look forward to seeing you guys.
Sturgus